Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567036 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #405 on: June 17, 2011, 12:33:22 pm »

-pictures-
Too bad I'm not a wizard.
This. This ALWAYS happens to me. That wizard must be either really retarded to not be able to reach the right person, or multiple wizards who all look the same and all think similarly.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 17, 2011, 12:38:25 pm »

Indeed. For some reason, when playing as a wiz, you never get enough spells. Ever.

I eventually gave up, and started over as a thief.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 17, 2011, 02:56:00 pm »

Oh god, I got attacked by a pumpkin. It spams thrown potions at you.

I was drunk, blind, confused, poisoned, paralyzed all at the same time. Eventually I charged down the tunnel it was in and carved it with my artifact obsidian dagger. I got a bejeweled chest from it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 02:57:40 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 17, 2011, 03:27:48 pm »

I know.

Get lulwy of luck or whatever. Her weapon lets you see invisible..

but thats the 3rd gift..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 17, 2011, 03:29:42 pm »

Lulwy of wind.
Luck is Ehekatl.
*Hugs*

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 17, 2011, 03:30:04 pm »

Lulwy's the goddess of wind (and also very terrifying). The one you're thinking of is Ehekatl.
GRAH NINJAD
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 17, 2011, 03:35:45 pm »

Indeed. For some reason, when playing as a wiz, you never get enough spells. Ever.

I eventually gave up, and started over as a thief.

Spells alone is never enough. You need some really good pets and/or weaponry. Break into the Guild in Port Kapul and use incognito to get eye of mind and tactics. Spell should only be used to hit multiple foes at once, or inflict status. You have pets and weaponry for everything else.

Course you will have some problems in the beginning of the game, but during that time you should be focused on getting alternative ways to hurt people, as opposed to spells.

At least that is my experience with Wizards, of course I only play fairy Wizards, and they might be a bit different from other races.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2011, 03:42:42 pm »

Well, sometimes spells are needed to get though somebodys defence...

Crabs, im looking at you.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2011, 03:50:54 pm »

Shuriken works wonders on them.
The bleeding is excellent for capturing tougher enemies too
*Hugs*

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2011, 08:53:02 pm »

Can't you just farm the hell out of the puppy dungeon until you super charge your spell stocks and have enough books and rods to blast your way through the rest of the game?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 17, 2011, 09:16:19 pm »

Maybe, though the chances of getting really nice stuff is low.

Also, it can be as boring as hell.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 17, 2011, 09:32:00 pm »

Can't you just farm the hell out of the puppy dungeon until you super charge your spell stocks and have enough books and rods to blast your way through the rest of the game?
A Pure mage can't measure up to melee unless you spend a lot of time just using the same spell over and over, which means that the other spells will be weak and that you have to find a lot of books

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 17, 2011, 09:52:35 pm »

The puppy cave is the best place for finding spellbooks, and like what Ivefan said, if you keep using one spell, the rest of the other spells would become weaker, and depending on your play style, you might actually forget about using the other spells due to their damage output.

Also, spellcasters get a penalty for wearing heavy armor (I believe) and as such, they have to choose between maximizing the spellcasting rate, or their defense. It's one of the reasons why the fairies are one of the best races for wizardry and magic.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 17, 2011, 11:38:26 pm »

Discovery of the Day: Two tamed bells with artifact bows (One with Lomias' fixedart) make a good companion for a caster (Or any character.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 18, 2011, 05:21:03 am »

Erm... how do I get back from "Test World"? :(
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 291