Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41

Author Topic: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning  (Read 66176 times)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Shores of Hazeron: War was beginning
« Reply #315 on: March 10, 2012, 06:02:44 pm »

its been improving...still issues here and there...pirates dont apear everywhere now and no longer spawn super ones(it would pull random designs including invalid ones)...on average a system will have pirates 3 days out of a week unless you blow up the station then it wont respawn for at least another week...it also no longer spawns 5 pirates for 1 ship, it will spawn 1 of a similar tech level or 2-3 of a much lower tech level design.

biggest issue right now is ships will sometimes sundive or sometimes get stuck trying to land on a planet that rotates too fast....
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:06:30 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 10, 2012, 06:04:38 pm »

Anyone up for a new B12 Empire?

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 10, 2012, 06:12:09 pm »

Anyone up for a new B12 Empire?
my biggest recomendation is to start your own empire to make a race how you want, you will keep that look and abilities, get said empire to at least being able to make tech level 2 ships, then go join whatever empire your wanting to, this way you can learn at your own pace and not feel as overwhelmed...since its a very complex game...be like learning dwarf fortress without a wiki...except losing is equal to die horible to random creatures on your planet over and over again...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 10, 2012, 08:14:35 pm »

Having played before I'd be perfectly OK with joining someone else's empire. We'd need to figure how we're going to dole out build permissions- I don't remember if chain of command is exclusive. Ideally I think we should have several people with full privileges.

But yeah if you haven't played before, you should probably start a new empire, maybe with one or two friends (who are either online at the same time as you or you communicate with often outside of the game) who are going to work with you from the ground up. Doing it alone CAN get dull, but if you start off in an existing empire you'll be clueless.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 10, 2012, 09:56:53 pm »

Having played before I'd be perfectly OK with joining someone else's empire. We'd need to figure how we're going to dole out build permissions- I don't remember if chain of command is exclusive. Ideally I think we should have several people with full privileges.

But yeah if you haven't played before, you should probably start a new empire, maybe with one or two friends (who are either online at the same time as you or you communicate with often outside of the game) who are going to work with you from the ground up. Doing it alone CAN get dull, but if you start off in an existing empire you'll be clueless.
doesn't work like that, how most it could work is 2 people with pretty much full permissions(emperor/vice emperor) then major people be assigned sectors, systems, cities, so you could end up having up to 5 people able to control a single city...dont expect me to join as i'm in an empire already, i can however give advice and info...

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 10, 2012, 11:09:56 pm »

Is anybody on right now who's in charge of a space-faring empire? I wouldn't mind joining them.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 11, 2012, 06:14:27 pm »

appart from graphical glitches, lag, C time run errors, and all aroung noobery around the interphase, its all around fun!

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 11, 2012, 06:21:04 pm »

After facing floating trees above a seemingly endless ocean, it apears that I am on ground, but I cannot see the ground.  I give up. 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 11, 2012, 06:43:26 pm »

Integrated Intel graphics card? Those can't render the ground. Pretty strange when you're on a moon, look at the planet and can see the clouds but nothing else.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 11, 2012, 06:47:58 pm »

Yeah my friend can't run it at all. But I think it's awfully fun when (if) it gets going.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 12, 2012, 12:04:16 pm »

Fuck you OpenGL 3.1-incompatibilities :(
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 12, 2012, 01:14:43 pm »

Is ship designing like Aurora where if you forget to add some component or don't have enough of that system "power" you simply have a blueprint that doesn't really work, or does it hand hold you and give you warnings and such?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 12, 2012, 01:49:13 pm »

Is ship designing like Aurora where if you forget to add some component or don't have enough of that system "power" you simply have a blueprint that doesn't really work, or does it hand hold you and give you warnings and such?

The former, mostly.  You will get big red warnings in the ship spec if you've got something really broken (like not enough capacitor to engage your jump drive), but it won't warn you that you've got a design makes it impossible to actually get to the bridge, or so few weapon bays that you won't be able to hit anything.

KG

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 12, 2012, 05:30:16 pm »

Actually, I think they added some pathing checks. There has to be a transporter, or a path to the outside from every station I think.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 12, 2012, 05:36:40 pm »

You can still construct ships with no door to the cockpit. It WILL check for paths and warn you, but not automatically. You have to use the 'check for paths' button.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41