Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 385

Author Topic: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫  (Read 461071 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: ♪ The Great Music Thread ♫
« Reply #2775 on: July 14, 2013, 08:49:47 pm »

Link? :C

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: July 15, 2013, 12:24:49 am »

So I ran a search through this topic, and found that Death Grips haven't been mentioned yet. I got really interested in this group awhile ago after hearing one of their songs (I didn't know what to think of it, and proceeded to listen to one of their albums in full. It was an odd first listen, compared to what I usually listened to.) But after a few more listens, I got really into it.

Basically, they're an experiment industrial-like rap group. Their lineup consists of MC Ride, Flatlander, and Zach Hill (Who is probably one of the best drummer's I've ever seen.) Their music is pretty heavy, noisy, and chaotic. Not to mention the lyrics are top-notch, and although you probably won't notice them on a first-listen, you'll eventually catch bits and pieces that sort of paint a general theme. They have three albums so far, and all of them have been pretty good (The Money Store arguably being the best.) If you want to get a feel for their music listen to their first album, Exmilitary.

Anyone else listen to them? I've been dying for them to do a live show in my state again, because from the footage I've seen it's pretty crazy.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: July 15, 2013, 02:04:06 pm »

Apex-String Theory

It's like, extremely chill stuff, blows my mind how chill it freaking is, plus the picture on the video is damn pretty and relaxing to look at.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #2779 on: July 15, 2013, 03:58:39 pm »

My favourite cyborgs were always the ones from Tiberian Sun.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: July 15, 2013, 05:43:15 pm »

You guys have put some great links here for the last few pages. Been a pleasure following this thread. Kudos to whoever linked that FFVI OCRemix, I've been killing some time there. And for your listening pleasure, here's some Chrono Trigger:

OC ReMix #1805: Chrono Trigger 'But the Future Refused to Change' [Magus Confronted] by DrumUltimA

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: July 15, 2013, 09:13:43 pm »

If you guys want some great music for just relaxing, working, or whatever, try out Solar Fields.

There's a lot of music, so it's hard for me to give you a single link, but I'll hand out one anyway. Sol
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 09:27:27 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: July 16, 2013, 08:48:45 am »

this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: July 16, 2013, 11:05:27 am »

If you guys want some great music for just relaxing, working, or whatever, try out Solar Fields.

There's a lot of music, so it's hard for me to give you a single link, but I'll hand out one anyway. Sol

I see yor awesomely chill music and raise you even more chill (or would cooling down be more appropriate?): Window - The Album Leaf

For some reason it makes me think of space whales.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: July 16, 2013, 04:25:25 pm »

Debs and Errol, an awesome geek band from Canada. I recommend you open the page and start with The Beastmaster's Cry (A Familiar Refrain), because that's probably one of my favorite song. Errol did a whole musical about NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), which is just...awesome beyond belief. Love these guys. Plus they have a daily webcomic.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: July 19, 2013, 10:24:53 pm »

A half-hour mix of various pop songs turned punk.

Pretty good, although at some points I'd say the songs cross over into hardcore or metalcore territory rather than punk. Good covers of kelly clarkson, lmfao, bruno mars, maroon 5 and those kinds of stuff. T'was fun to listen to.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: July 24, 2013, 11:40:29 am »

This song has all of the awesome pipe organ you could possibly fit into a song.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: July 24, 2013, 11:27:01 pm »

Nostalgia time. Come on reminisce. Were off to enjoy some old school bliss.
Fastball - The Way

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: July 25, 2013, 12:00:56 am »

Nostalgia time. Come on reminisce. Were off to enjoy some old school bliss.
Fastball - The Way

How old were you when that song came out?  I think I was 14...

I do have a fondness for that one.  Not sure why.  Need to make sure I have it in my library.  I don't think I do.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: July 25, 2013, 12:22:27 am »

I would have been about 7... I think.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 385