Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Love Blooms in Unlikely Places  (Read 4960 times)

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Love Blooms in Unlikely Places
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 11:42:12 pm »

So she mangles his feet with an axe, then falls in love with him?
Someone's been letting their dwarves read stephen king.

No...too much School Days.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 11:50:11 pm »

I love Dwarf Fortress.

Also, crying on his shoulder made her feel worse, hacking at him with an axe made her feel better. That's... interesting.

I think she sums it up.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 01:22:03 am »

Isn't it obvious? The girl is pure yandere. Of course, that means that any other female dwarf in your fortress that gets too close to your expedition leader may suddenly wake up at the bottom of the well...

*flashbacks to school days*

NOOOO!!!!

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 02:21:54 am »

That's how I lost my virginity funnily enough.
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 03:05:31 am »

It could be tsundere instead.

Maybe she secretly likes Urdim, and when her friend and dog died, having no one to talk to, she went to him for comfort. But naturally, he says something dumb that pisses her off, and she goes storming off. She mulls over it in her sleep then her emotions get the better of her and she tries to kill him, thinking, "I don't need him anyways!" He tries dodging the blows, and while he manages to avoid any fatal hits, she ends up drawing blood. His left foot injured, he'd be on the ground, staring at her tear-stricken face. Axe ready to come down, she makes eye contact with him and hesitates. Frozen in position, she looks at his fragile form on the ground. And yet, he still looks up at her with that reassuring face that she fell in love with in the first place. Realizing what she's done to the love of her life, a tear rolls down her cheek and drips onto the blood pooling on the floor. She breaks down and confesses her love to him, sobbing and begging for forgiveness. And like all young Japanese protags, he takes it like a chump, forgives her instantly, hugs her, and says he loves her too.

But it might be yandere, and he's "fallen in love" with her so he won't die.

Renzuko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 03:57:53 am »

Maybe she secretly likes Urdim, and when her friend and dog died, having no one to talk to, she went to him for comfort. But naturally, he says something dumb that pisses her off, and she goes storming off. She mulls over it in her sleep then her emotions get the better of her and she tries to kill him, thinking, "I don't need him anyways!" He tries dodging the blows, and while he manages to avoid any fatal hits, she ends up drawing blood. His left foot injured, he'd be on the ground, staring at her tear-stricken face. Axe ready to come down, she makes eye contact with him and hesitates. Frozen in position, she looks at his fragile form on the ground. And yet, he still looks up at her with that reassuring face that she fell in love with in the first place. Realizing what she's done to the love of her life, a tear rolls down her cheek and drips onto the blood pooling on the floor. She breaks down and confesses her love to him, sobbing and begging for forgiveness. And like all young Japanese protags, he takes it like a chump, forgives her instantly, hugs her, and says he loves her too.

no...no that's yandere...

though i think, dwarves as a whole, are kinda yangire...

also, thank god there isnt love triangles in dwarf fortress, because this cant happen

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YandereLoveTriangle

AND school days cant happen, though if you go by the visual novel, he porked everyone, even guys, if you go by the expansion pack that added a gay option
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:05:09 am by Renzuko »

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 04:16:48 am »

I hope you don't mean with an axe.

Because, ouch dude. Ouch.
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 04:43:28 am »

Right, so that's what I'm doing wrong.
Look out ladies, I'm getting myself an axe and giving you a new wound!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 04:57:09 am »

I hope you don't mean with an axe.

Because, ouch dude. Ouch.

Ahahaha!!! Sigged! (If that's okay, of course... :D )
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 04:58:38 am »

.... I don't ... what is this, even..\\
I think i'm glad i'm not an otaku, i'll just stick to the image of james caan and cathy bates standing over him with a large hammer...
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2011, 05:06:06 am »

no...no that's yandere...
But she's not attacking him out of crazed obsessive love, but because she is foolish and lets her frustrations get the better of her. It is representative of her struggle to come to terms with the fact that she loves him. Trufax, yo.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2011, 05:08:27 am »

:P I have no idea WTF yandere is, or tsundere, nor do I care, all I see is Dwarfere.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 05:16:56 am »

Dwarf Fortress: Hacking people up is SOOOO romantic, don't you think?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 06:17:55 am »

Not all that strange if you think about it... I'd imagine the majority of axe attacks to be carried out by family or lovers. Even the victim falling in love with the attacker wouldn't be too unusual... humans are almost as strange as dwarves.

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 08:22:38 am »

For all those, who are unfamiliar with the term: Yandere.

Now aren't you glad I warned you about the tropes link somewhere in this post?
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3