Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Virtual Monsters  (Read 10055 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Monsters
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2011, 05:09:41 pm »

LOOTING TIME!

Ok, I'm going to have to railroad you here for two reasons. One, there is nothing to loot. Two, I'm not going to let you do something I can't imagine your character doing. I am going to RP this a bit, and your actions, age, and what I sort of deem as your "personality" will affect how I interpret your actions. Since only Ash said something about "Tell us about yourself", I'm sort of making up personalities. This doesn't mean I won't let you do something out of character, but nothing ridiculous. For your action, you had just been disciplined and are ten years old. They are still in the room. Also, once again there is nothing to loot.

Meanwhile, in the world of the beings known as "Players"...

"Huh. Some sort of game? ...I have heard of this before."

Name: ???
About: Enjoys evil, darkness, mysteriousness, evil dark mysteriousness, the undead, black hooded robes, death, ravens, and murder.

Sorry, if there will be archvillains and such they will be NPCs. However, there is a crime side of Virtual Monsters, and players can enter it, with the risks crime brings. You can be dark, mysterious, and so on, but nothing extreme.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2011, 05:14:54 pm »

Nothing...to...loot. damn. Go with the others.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2011, 05:15:54 pm »

Go with others
It's FEF, not FEOF

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2011, 05:23:53 pm »

Eh? Oh, I seem to have forgotten the personality bit...

Headstrong, somewhat stupid, deals with choices well.

And... I just used the normal naming scheme...

Digital Monsters

Pocket Monsters

Virtual Monsters
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2011, 05:31:11 pm »

Decide to only carry two backpacks. Also, I must SEEE what is inside mah lockerrrr D:
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2011, 05:36:59 pm »

Eh? Oh, I seem to have forgotten the personality bit...

Headstrong, somewhat stupid, deals with choices well.

And... I just used the normal naming scheme...

Digital Monsters

Pocket Monsters

Virtual Monsters

I know. Obvious idea I didn't think of. Was too busy planning out the game, I guess.

Also, going to need an action.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2011, 06:15:08 pm »

"We should head over to that warehouse soon, shouldn't we? Though I think we should take some protection with us..." Look for something to use as a weapon. you know, a metal rod or something.

So... if we are doing a sort of Poke/Digimon thing, I have a question. Is it more like pokemon (Somewhat smart animals that you put into pitfights) or more like digimon (one powerful, intelligent partner that you work with to escape the virtual world/BECOME THE EMPRAH!)
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 06:32:45 pm »

Look around for anything useful. Keep an eye on Wallace. Stop him if he attempts anything, such as looting.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 06:56:21 pm »

"We should head over to that warehouse soon, shouldn't we? Though I think we should take some protection with us..." Look for something to use as a weapon. you know, a metal rod or something.

So... if we are doing a sort of Poke/Digimon thing, I have a question. Is it more like pokemon (Somewhat smart animals that you put into pitfights) or more like digimon (one powerful, intelligent partner that you work with to escape the virtual world/BECOME THE EMPRAH!)

I haven't fully decided(take one thing at a time), but it will be more like Pokemon along "mechanics" wise, while the world will be more like "digimon", in the fact that you are in a video game, or something like that.

Virtuamons will be more like tools than "partners". Its less personal, and more brutal. You'll learn more once you get to the warehouse.

I might update again today, since we have all the actions. But this depends if I get Ace of Spades working.

Also, John, I'm going to have your character unlock the personal belongings room, to interpret your "look for useful stuff", just to get the plot/story/game going.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 08:32:10 pm »

Rani, Wallace, Zeox

Ready to move on, the group heads towards the personal belongings room. Wallace leaves last, sneaking the 3DS from under the bean bag into his pocket.

Rani is the first to notice Ash coming up the hallway. She also notices he is wearing her backpack. Not the one to take nonsense, Rani immediately demands her backpack. Ash complies while mumbling something under his breath.

All four of you head to the bedroom to find the three other backpacks left in a heap, and Zeox and Wallance preceed to ridicule Ash for his carelessness. You notice Tai grab his backpack and leave without so much as a word, wielding a rolling pin.

Tai

You save your Coke for later and put it in your pocket. Searching through the kitchen, you find a rolling pin. Classic.

You head out of the kitchen and notice the rest of the group heading towards the bedrooms. You do the same, and find your backpack in a heap of other backpacks on the floor. While the rest of the group yells at Ash, you decide to keep your cool and wait by the personal belongings room, backpack equipped.

Ash

You push the backpacks off of you and stand. Slipping on your backpack and putting on the nearest one, Rani's, backwards, you head out into the hall. You spot Rani, Zeox, and Wallace approaching.

Rani demands her backpack right away, without so much as a "thank you". You sigh, and follow the group back into the bedroom. You are ridiculed even more for finding the backpacks and leaving them in a neat pile. You wonder why you tried to help these people.

Part 2.

Rani, Wallace, Tai, Zeox, Ash

You all meet in front of the Personal Belongings room. Rani unlocks the door and opens it. Ash rushes past her, eager to see whats inside his locker.

The room is sparsely furnitured, and gives off a warehouse vibe. The walls are gray and five floor to ceiling lockers lean against the opposite wall. Each one has a name enscribed in gold near the top.

Ash finds his locker and whips it open. The locker against locker echoes loudly throughout the empty building. Inside is just a bag, filled with ten copper coins. The coin's outer edge is silver, while the inside has an X etched in what appears to be solid gold.

Ash's shoulders go down. You can only assume he was hoping for some sort of deathray, but nobody looks sure. The rest of the group heads to their appropiate lockers and finds their possessions, which are the same as Ash's.

During this time Wallace is filled in on what the woman upstairs said, and everybody gathers at the double door. This will probably be the last time you'll be here for a while. You might want to stock up on provisions, otherwise you will have to buy them from the local stores.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2011, 08:33:26 pm »

LAB!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2011, 08:41:05 pm »

Inspect Coins. Make sure Wallace doesn't destory anything.

Once outside:
Explore a bit. Search for any shops.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 08:43:27 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2011, 08:44:58 pm »

we should all go to different places, then meet up at the lab, to get maximum information for this turn

Go to Item supply shop/general store/ect. because they should have a town map or something like that.

Then meet up with the gang at the lab.
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2011, 09:03:39 pm »

Get food.We'll need it. Explore town, find the nearest medical center in case we will be needing it, then make way to the lab.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 09:15:44 pm »

Pry nametag off of locker and then go buy provisions
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11