Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Virtual Monsters  (Read 10059 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Monsters
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 06:11:39 pm »

I stay and listen
It's FEF, not FEOF

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 07:01:22 pm »

I do nothing, and listen to whatever the computer has to say.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 08:14:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ash, Rani, Zeox, Tai

Without even a glance back, you watch as Wallace rushes down the stairs.

Ash, before Rani can even respond, asks about 3, 4., and 5. However, it appears to be touch interaction, and Rani presses the floating "Where are we?" bubble.

The woman speaks. Where are we? You are in the world of Virtual Monsters. The town you are in is called LittleLeaf, and the "world" so to speak is called Feran.

Rani presses 2, 3, 4, then 5.

2. There is only one way to leave Virtual Monsters, and that is to win. If you die while in this world, your entire memory of this place will be deleted.

3. There are no rules in Virtual Monsters. There are some player made organizations that try to create law throughout the world, but otherwise you are free to do as you wish.

4. To win, so to speak, you must become the top player in the game. This is no easy task. Some players may refuse your challenges because of your lack of fame. To gain a reputation, defeat other players and collect pins from dojos, player made places of training. The top player is easy to find, for his location, while changing from day to day, is known throughout the world and has dozens of followers to tend to his every whim.

5. To get started, downstairs you will find four rooms. One is a bedroom that has spair backpacks, clothes, and beds, if you would like to rest before you begin. There is also two bathrooms. The second is a kitchen stocked with nonperishable and perishable foods. There is a robotic chef that can prepare basic meals, if you don't know how to cook. The third is an entertainment lounge, which has a T.V., radio, arcade games, and various other fun things. Lastly is the personal belongings room . It is locked. In it is five lockers, each with your name on it. In each locker is some local currency. Use it to buy wares from the local shop.

She reaches into one of her pockets and places a key in Rani's hand.

A player naming himself Professor Pine resides in a warehouse across town. He's a bit off, but will explain this world in better detail and may sell you a Virtual Monster.

Before you can ask what exactly a "Virtual Monster" is, she vanishes. With this knowledge in place, everybody heads downstairs.

Wallace

With the patience of any other ten year old, you dash down the stairs, almost running into a table holding a vase. You are in a long hallway with a doubledoor at the end, with two doors on each wall. The first door you try is locked, so you check the opposite one. When you open it you see a metal human standing against the opposite wall, staring at you. You stare back. Its cold black eyes turn a bright red, and you slam the door and flee to another room.

You nearly drop your mouth open as you gaze upon a flat screen T.V. An X-box is connected to it, and you see a stack of games near the latter. Several bean bags are scattered throughout the room, and you see some ancient video games, artifacts from a time long ago. A radio is playing some music you've never heard, and you spot a foosball table. You plop onto a bean bag and try to decide what to play first.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 08:16:35 pm »

Ransack the entire place!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 08:22:19 pm »

Walk calmly downstairs, hoping that kid didn't destory the damned place.

If he tries, stop him. Threaten to renounce his sugar privileges.

Edit: Also use big words that I should know as a collage student.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:26:30 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 08:33:37 pm »

Go downstairs and hit Wallace with a book and shout at him until he behaves

(if it worked in one universe it'll work in this one)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:40:41 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 08:35:55 pm »

Taricus's little child will not get to his ransacking as it seems.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 08:36:58 pm »

((Ash has a backpack in the cartoon, right?))

Get the key to your locker, and go look at what you have.

Grab the backpackS and annouce that you're now the team packmule.

edit: ((didn't see the plural backpacks, Yes, I will carry ALL the backpacks,))
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:39:13 pm by Ricky »
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 08:42:17 pm »

((Oi, Child of the bad guys >:D))

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 09:15:03 pm »

((Oi different game))
It's FEF, not FEOF

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 02:46:42 pm »

((Update please?))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 02:58:24 pm »

"Can't even give us a map, huh? That may be a problem. And what it said about losing our memories if we died... do you think any of us have been here before?"
Scratch head.
"Eh, if we have, it doesn't matter."
Head downstairs and prepare for ADVENTURE!!!

I hope there's a T-Rex Virtuamon!
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011, 04:54:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ash

You attempt to get the key from Rani, but she places the key in her pants' pocket. She walks downstairs with an air of authority, and you think twice about bothering her. You follow the others downstairs and head off to the bedroom.

The bedroom is large, about twice the size of a good motel room. There are five queen sized beds standing against the wall, seperated by tables with lamps. On one wall five backpacks hang, while the other has two doors with "female" and "male" engraved in gold on them.

You unhook the backpack with your name plastered like a sticker on the front. Inside you find two sets of clothes you owned back...well, you owned before. You zip it up and slip it on.

Then an idea strikes you. You've always enjoyed carrying things. If you carry the others' backpacks, you might...well, you just enjoy carrying stuff. You wrap one backpack around your neck, another two on your arms, another around your waist, and put the last one in the grip of your hands.

You make it about two steps toward the door before collapsing under a pile of backpacks.

Zeox, Rani

You head downstairs with discipline in mind, never being able to trust the youth. Rani places the key in her pocket while Zeox looks for a book. The only thing he finds is a pillow upstairs.

Walking towards the room with the door open, you find Wallace sitting calmly in a bean bag. The room is slightly disorganized. You recognize it as the entertainment room. Zeox makes a move to "discipline" Wallace, but Rani holds him back with a better idea in mind.

Using the tone you learned from years of baby-sitting, you attempt to set things straight.

"If your current unmannered behavior isn't altered, I'll be forced to take away your monosaccharide privileges."

He nods in acceptance, but you are unsure if he got the message. Zeox gives you a bewildered look.

Wallace

You decide to just take everything with you, and decide later what to play.  However, the movers back home had made it look a lot easier to pick up a flat screen. And without a backpack you find carrying the X-box clumsy. However, in your search you find a 3DS. You can barely hold yourself back as you swipe it from a shelf.

As you fumble trying to find the power switch, you hear footsteps coming down the stairs. You wonder how these strangers would react to you taking the 3DS, and decide to hide it under a bean bag in a corner.

You try to look as innocent as possible, lazily sitting in a bean bag. A few moments later Rani and Zeox, who is wielding a pillow threateningly, come through the doorway. Rani says something you don't understand, but you do understand her tone, the one your mother used to use, and you nod your head in agreement.

Tai

You attempt to make sense of your current situation with the others, but they seem more preoccupied with what's downstairs. You are left alone upstairs scratching your head.

You come to the "doesn't matter" conclusion, and walk downstairs.

The first door you try is locked, which you figure must be the personal belongings room. Looking down the hallway you see three other doors on the walls and a double doorway at the end. One door isn't open, and you head towards it. Opening it you are shocked to see a robot modeled to look like a human. You figure it must be the chief, and it powers up upon your entering of the doorway.

"Hello. This is the kitchen. I am your robot chief, Dingy. If you need any help, just ask."

You glance around the room and notice three tables, a booth, a kitchen area, and two fridges, one being in the kitchen area. You open the one in the dining area and find it contains all sorts of sodas and beverages. You grab your favorite drink, a Coke, and sit in the booth.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2011, 04:55:40 pm »

LOOTING TIME!

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2011, 04:59:01 pm »

Meanwhile, in the world of the beings known as "Players"...

"Huh. Some sort of game? ...I have heard of this before."

Name: ???
About: Enjoys evil, darkness, mysteriousness, evil dark mysteriousness, the undead, black hooded robes, death, ravens, and murder.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11