Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77844 times)

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #390 on: April 22, 2011, 08:54:45 pm »

Bayar: Sooooo you're making a gatehouse?  A guard tower?  A barracks?

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 23, 2011, 01:52:26 am »

If elves are still here, Lezka will pressure our current broker (is it Valrandir ?) to make up the time to go and trade for above ground seeds, dyes, cloth and threads. If the fort lacks trading materials, buy threads and dyes, weave them, dye them, make some robes and sell them back to awed tree-huggers for more raw materials. Repeat until the traders are out or their stocks are exhausted.

If our broker is otherwise occupied, she will send Melbil to do the trading instead.

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 23, 2011, 04:53:20 am »

Bayar: Sooooo you're making a gatehouse?  A guard tower?  A barracks?

A gatekeep. Yeah, something like that. Call me gatekeeper. There is a gate there and somebody has to keep it, right ? And since nobody mentioned it yet, why not ? Yes it looks like a box with no floor or roof now, but wait a couple of years and that baby will have ramparts, fully automated turbo obsidionisers, goblin crushers, farm animal catapults and more wood than the other guys.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 23, 2011, 04:58:50 am »

I HAD A BETTER IDEA. Make CrazyTeddles a wooden training sword, disarm ALL the goblin prisoners, and have him fight them one at a time.

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 23, 2011, 06:33:33 am »

Goblin prisoners? Hurm.

I was thinking about the possibility of having a 'Proving grounds' for prospective military assistants; a 5x5 room with a dwarf and a goblin locked in, attempting to kick each other in the shin until either one falls over dead. But I'm afraid that we'd run out of Goblins.

Ah, hell. Scrap that idea. I'd like to join in on CrazyTeddle's idea of having them as punching bags. But I'm not sure if those goblins are the property of Teddles or free game. If those greenskins are his, then it's his call on whether he allows me to join in on the fun.

I would also like to see IpunchFaces' skills, please. Great update, by the way!

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 23, 2011, 06:40:34 am »

Goblin prisoners? Hurm.

I was thinking about the possibility of having a 'Proving grounds' for prospective military assistants; a 5x5 room with a dwarf and a goblin locked in, attempting to kick each other in the shin until either one falls over dead. But I'm afraid that we'd run out of Goblins.

Ah, hell. Scrap that idea. I'd like to join in on CrazyTeddle's idea of having them as punching bags. But I'm not sure if those goblins are the property of Teddles or free game. If those greenskins are his, then it's his call on whether he allows me to join in on the fun.

I would also like to see IpunchFaces' skills, please. Great update, by the way!

Two each is fine by me. If we use training weapons we'll get more mileage.

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 23, 2011, 07:12:51 am »

Two each is fine by me. If we use training weapons we'll get more mileage.

Cheers. Damn shame there's no training weapons for wrestling, though. :(

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 23, 2011, 07:15:35 am »

Have my dwarf make mechanisms.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 23, 2011, 08:21:15 am »

It's only now that I noticed that imperium3's new dwarf has the last name of "Handlehandle."

"HEY GM. LESS TALK MORE PLAY."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 11:38:18 am by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 23, 2011, 12:55:40 pm »

It's only now that I noticed that imperium3's new dwarf has the last name of "Handlehandle."
That needs to go to the Funniest Names thread. Too bad it's not the same form of handle (verb handle and noun handle, most likely).
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 23, 2011, 05:15:31 pm »

I am way too exhausted right now to think of any new orders. Just keep Rev helping out with the farms.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 24, 2011, 09:07:45 am »

I would also like to see IpunchFaces' skills, please.

Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 24, 2011, 09:24:02 am »

BAAAAAAACK! :D

And I've read it all through. Keep me updating our crafts and weapons and zinc cave croc statues and everything. Assign any possible apprentices into smelting and such. Make picks, and any weapons requested. Keep my levels up. Begin a grand smelting room. And. And... FIND ME SOME MAGMA LADDY! :D
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 24, 2011, 11:03:27 am »

BAAAAAAACK! :D

And I've read it all through. Keep me updating our crafts and weapons and zinc cave croc statues and everything. Assign any possible apprentices into smelting and such. Make picks, and any weapons requested. Keep my levels up. Begin a grand smelting room. And. And... FIND ME SOME MAGMA LADDY! :D

It's been slow because wood has been in mutual demand. Charcoal hit rock bottom a bunch of times, so I think I'll crank out axes and picks before anything so that URISTs can get to mining and chopping. THEN tons of copper statues. And once the masonry/mechanics/soaping zones are done I'm going to start digging down straight for the core.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 24, 2011, 11:28:57 am »

It's been slow because wood has been in mutual demand. Charcoal hit rock bottom a bunch of times, so I think I'll crank out axes and picks before anything so that URISTs can get to mining and chopping. THEN tons of copper statues. And once the masonry/mechanics/soaping zones are done I'm going to start digging down straight for the core.
Dont get too greedy while your down there.  ;)
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 48