Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77821 times)

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #420 on: April 25, 2011, 08:55:31 am »

As I understand it, a legendary someone can have up to 5 apprentices, right ?

That's correct, five! A fey or secretive mood can really boost someone's status.

The current pop. cap is 200. I don't know exactly when my computer is going to start having the FPS crap-out, but it's usually much earlier than now so I'm a little worried. Following kzel's orders to atom smash all waste will be a good advance measure for such an event.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 25, 2011, 09:07:56 am »

Did we have a small embark or one cavern layer or something? I dunno.

Anyway, when's the next update expected?
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 25, 2011, 09:11:45 am »

Did we have a small embark or one cavern layer or something? I dunno.

Anyway, when's the next update expected?

One big cavern layer? Maybe that's what did it! I should remember that for future forts.

I've noticed that some players haven't given me direct orders for many seasons. With PBD it's simple: he wants his project finished (and man it should be by now given that he gave me orders to build it twenty-seven pages or so ago  :-\ ) but others seem to be busy. I'm going to give a little time for people to leave orders before I play the next turn, maybe the afternoon/evening.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 25, 2011, 09:39:04 am »

I tend to keep to my orders and art obsession. While smoothing the walls, I keep an eye out for any possible foul play. Tiger does not tolerate flaws in her art.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 25, 2011, 10:39:28 am »

Dorna looked over the sheet she had been handed one more time.  "Mayor?  Me?  I've been put in charge of this place?!"

Greymist nodded to her.  "Yep, that's what the sheet there says.  Can you believe it?"  Dorna shook her head.  "Well I can.  Probably heard about Valrandir's unhealthy obsession with rock blocks." Greymist leaned in.  "I think it's damn near fetishistic if you ask me."  The two of them shared a giggle.

"Good point," Dorna said. "And with me in charge I can make sure this fort makes the mechanical turn it needs.  Hell the entryway is pretty much unguarded, aside from the cage traps!  Add in the lack of magma and if a siege or something comes a-knocking we'd be dead faster than you can say 'boatmurdered'.  First things first we need to prepare the main entry hall, and see if we can get the miners digging down to find some sort of magma.  We'll run out of wood at this rate.  And I think I have an idea for the hill as well... excuse me Greymist, I need to go talk to some of the dwarves." Dorna turned and started heading down the halls to talk with some of the miners.

OOC: As it is, there's two projects I'd like to work on at the moment.  First: Have miners continue digging downwards to try to find the cavern layers and, hopefully, some magma within.  If Valrandir has standing orders, however, see if they can work around that.  Second, I'd like to build a two-to-three z-level deep pit where the entry passage is, eventually with a retractable bridge extending over it.  I realize the pit isn't that deep but A: We're still on an aquifer, and B: It won't be the fall that kills them, but the spikes or magma or drowning in water that will be in the moat.  Hehehe.  As for the hill, plans for that will happen, but it will require more miners and I think they'll have their hands full with current projects.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 25, 2011, 01:23:05 pm »

I haven't received orders from:

Mipe9
Stiric
BlastoiseDwarf
JoshuaXI
tcei
JohnnyDigs
bdthemag
gordy

in some time. If you guys read this post let me know if you want to change your orders, because right now I just have you generally helping out.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 25, 2011, 06:00:22 pm »

I want to be dwarfed as:
Solon Osormeng
Why have I not been dwarfed?

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 25, 2011, 08:41:36 pm »

Apologies, I hadn't realised I had been dwarfed already. Gordy dwarf plays out as an eccentric but gifted glassmaker. He/she has all skills required of a glassmaker/glass blower - patience, and a delicate and artistic hand. With the permission of the Mayor (and maybe the doctors help), I would like to have him build a glassmakers suite as close as possible to collectable sand but to ensure the entirety of the suite is walled in stone. This suite should contain at least one glassmakers station, stockpiles for raw glass and sandbags. If I can have no apprentices, I would like all other dwarves switched off from glassmaking and have Gordy collect sand x 2 and create raw glass on repeat for now. The suite should also contain a bedroom, study and dining room for Gordy (they can be the whole room). I would like the first things made to include a glass portal, glass table and chairs for his room. Eventually the whole suite should be paved in green glass with smoothed rock walls.

If there are no bags to collect sand, please build a loom for Gordys use to make the bags himself.
If there is no sand on the map, please request some purchased from the merchants.
(can you please confirm we have sand on the map?)

Cheers,

G

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 26, 2011, 07:43:14 am »

I want to be dwarfed as:
Solon Osormeng
Why have I not been dwarfed?

Because I have made a grave error that will be remedied at once! Sorry about that.

(can you please confirm we have sand on the map?)

No need to apologize, I didn't make it clear to you since you weren't introduced in the thread. Oops! We've got red sand in abundance. Lekza is working on the bags. The DFMA map here'll show you what we're lookin' like. There's a lot of aquifer all around the red sand, so I may end up having to construct a stone room for you nearby the entrance to the lower fortress.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 26, 2011, 09:10:33 am »

Great, and thanks. I'll check the map for where the glassmaker suite might be situated. red sand for green glass ahoy.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 26, 2011, 10:49:29 am »

This is a fun read so far, keep it up everyone.

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 26, 2011, 02:50:35 pm »

Requesting a screenshot of Rev's skills.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 26, 2011, 03:15:04 pm »

Requesting a screenshot of Rev's skills.

Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 26, 2011, 05:13:50 pm »

I would like to nominate Spera for official malitia commander.  :P
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 26, 2011, 10:49:47 pm »

I would like to nominate Spera for official malitia commander.  :P

Captain of the Guard, you mean? If there are none to contest it . . .
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 48