Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153340 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 12: Luck is (mostly) back. Unconscious again.
« Reply #630 on: April 20, 2011, 08:14:29 am »

I'll take the risk.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: April 20, 2011, 01:55:24 pm »

Hopefully, you guys get cool things like firebreathing and scaled skin, and not stuff like hooves, deformed body and uncontrolled teleportitis.

Speaking of which, I hope Tarran added Teleportitis in some way. That's a fun one to have.
Hehehe, indeed. I'll roll quite a few rolls.

I'll take the risk.
[Luck: 1]: Nowan tries to get rid of Joseph's hoofed fee-OH GOD WHAT DID YOU DO.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 20, 2011, 02:11:51 pm »

DreAm oF driNkiNg frOm mAh WinE bOttLe!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 20, 2011, 02:15:36 pm »

...*Headdesk*

Anyway, I think that's everyone. Turn up when I feel like it. And since there's not likely to be a huge ton of work making the turn, it's okay to expect it within the day.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 20, 2011, 03:46:10 pm »

Speaking from experience, I can say that making the tables for horrible mutations is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much fun.

As for the shields, I knew they'd be harder/less effective, but for the most part we've been moving.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 21, 2011, 10:46:49 am »

...*Headdesk*

Anyway, I think that's everyone. Turn up when I feel like it. And since there's not likely to be a huge ton of work making the turn, it's okay to expect it within the day.

The turn is a lie.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 21, 2011, 12:42:04 pm »

lol.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 21, 2011, 01:16:30 pm »

Let's see...

Was I lazy? Yep.
Did I have a poor start to the day yesterday (AKA Woodcutting-Without-Having-Eaten)? Yep.
Was I distracted with a lot of EU3? Yep.
Am I still lazy? ...Yep.

Anyway, it really should come today since I don't think I'm going to have a Woodcutting start for today. Yay for rain!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: April 21, 2011, 02:17:16 pm »

yeah I need effort to get stuff done also :P
that doesn't include running games, but it does include programming  ;D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Right, Lets go! Fucking Chaos ain't waiting for us, we'll need to do this and get out unless you guys want a bunch of stupid mutations, and if that is the case, i'll just leave the cave and wait"
You start moving.

+1 Chaos.

"Yeah, let's go." Kirion started following Ravenium, attempting to cast his trivial healing spell on Darin as he walked.
You follow, and cast a Trivial Healing spell on Darin. [1+1+1+1][Luck: 3]: Showing remarkable incompitence you almost fail at casting the spell. The only thing that saved you was that the spell was so simple a fool could cast it. You only manage to heal 1 hitpoint due to your very poor casting.

Darin: +1 HP.
+1 Chaos.

"Agreed."

Cast a moderate healing spell on myself, follow others to a different passage. Bat guards me if possible.
[1+1+1-1][Luck: 3]: Showing incompetence akin to Kirion's incompetence, you fumble with the spell, and it does nothing.

+1 Chaos.

Go in, find the dragon.
"In"?

You follow the group.

+1 Chaos.

Follow Darvi, pushing cart carefully.
You push the cart carefully. [Luck: 2] Apparently your definition of "carefully" is "running over your own feet". You run the cart over your feet and scream in pain.

+1 Chaos.

DreAm oF driNkiNg frOm mAh WinE bOttLe!
[2][Lucidity: 2]: You fail to dream at all. You are a failure in everything forever.

You [Healing: 6] fully heal quickly. Wow, amazing. However, you're still unconscious.

+23 HP.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Connect Accurarwa 2's heart with his lungs via Polymorph.
[1+2][Luck: 2]: You connect the second's heart with it's lungs... which has absolutely no effect.

+1 Chaos.

Water, meet this dog things lungs
[3+1+1][Luck: 4]: You swing some water from the caves. However, in doing so you lose connection with your shield. You swing the water at the second Accurarwa, [5+1] VS [5+2] but he dodges out of the way, despite excellent aiming on your part.

+1 Water magic skill.

Quote from: Accurarwa 2
Grrr, get revenge!
The second, now not choking, attacks Nat. [2+1] VS [2+1-1] He swings badly, but Nat dodges even worse, and he manages to hit, dealing [1+2] damage.

Nat: -3 HP.

Quote from: Accurarwa 1
Since my friend is dealing with that mage, attack the other!
The first charges at Nathan. [2+1] VS [1+1-1] And despite stabbing poorly, Nathan dodges right into the spear. The result; he takes [2+1] damage.

Nathan: -3 HP.

Main quest: Kill the dragon.

The group goes down one of the last two paths. Which [1/2 chance: 2, no dragon] doesn't have the dragon in it.

[Enemy: 6, strong][Traps: 6, many][Chaos: 2, little][Player initiative: 6, players go first with a sneak attack (no enemy turns for one turn if you attack) and can leave without fighting][Treasure: 6, Motherload]

You come across an ancient building, surrounded by many traps, and moving statues. In the back of the building, there appears to be the motherload of all treasures. However, getting past the guardians will be very, very tough. Also, now that there is only one path remaining, the dragon is definitely down it.

Secondary quest: Find the brother.

Suddenly, you see three more Accurarwa pop out of the cave. There's no way you can win this. You two really shouldn't have come out here alone. Your only chance is to run. Now.

Caution: Darin has 7 HP left.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Allies:

Deep Whispers:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Chaos Hollows:
Spoiler: Accurarwa 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 5 (click to show/hide)

Oh wow, the rolls for this turn were mostly terrible.

So, we've got a motherload guarded by very tough enemies and many traps. Tempting, isn't it?

And we've got two people outnumbered and wounded, likely going to die if they don't run or surrender. Hey, don't blame me, what did you guys expect when the cutter said "Group"?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 01:55:00 am by Tarran »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Oooooooooh," Darin whispered greedily, "I'm pretty sure we could take them, but if we linger here we might mutate by the time we reach the dragon."

Action awaiting team consensus. With Dostricht and a sneak attack, we've got good odds, but it'd take a while and we'd get banged up, maybe even lose someone.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile

Blow into my whistle, hopefully disorienting the Accurarwa, and flee.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:04:45 am by HmH »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Action awaiting team consensus. With Dostricht and a sneak attack, we've got good odds, but it'd take a while and we'd get banged up, maybe even lose someone.
Don't forget the fact that there are a lot of traps. Every action you make I'll roll a die for you to step on one. Same with the enemies, just they'll get a bonus to missing it since they've been there for quite a while.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Kirion observed the competition. "I dunno if we can take them... maybe with Dostricht's help," he said with a sigh. "I don't think we could get past the traps even if we did defeat the statues. Let's look for the dragon instead." He attempted to cast Minor Healing on Darin again, because it was becoming something like a nervous tic for him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

"Stay the hell back, If anyone of you are planning to go in and die, i'll just wait outside"

Find the dragon
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 139