Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153322 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 11: All the luck is GONE. Moar combat.
« Reply #615 on: April 19, 2011, 03:35:42 pm »

hmm so would I be able to move the cart off me, using earth magic?
Just as long as you don't roll a 1 luck roll again. Because if you do, it will hurt. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 12: Luck is (mostly) back. Unconscious again.
« Reply #616 on: April 20, 2011, 01:27:19 am »

Kirion blinked. "Let me try that again."

Continue attempting to heal Darin with a Minor Healing spell, 1 point to endurance toughness and 1 to intelligence.

[1+1+1][Luck: 2]: You fumble with your spell badly. It doesn't go off.

+1 Chaos.

Lay on back and drink until I feel better, see if the man has any healing potions. Offer to pay him whatever up to the 20 gold limit.
You lay on the ground and hope that you start healing soon. The man [Luck: 3] has one light healing potion that would likely heal up to... 5 hitpoints. He says it's worth 3 gold, and he gives it to you. Now you have to pay 13/20 gold.

You continue drinking and [Luck: 1] pass out. Again. Seriously man, stop drinking that damn wine!

+5 HP.
+Status: Unconscious: Cannot do anything but dream for 2 turns unless woken up by external force.

+1 Chaos.

Darin also blinked. "Yes, let's..."

Attempt minor healing on self.

[6+1][Luck: 4]: In a huge spout of luck, you cast a major healing on yourself instead. It heals 4 HP, though, which is the minimum.

+4 HP.
+3 Healing magic skill.
Now Novice in Healing magic!
New spell: Major healing: Difficult to cast (-2). Heals 4-10 HP.

+1 Chaos.

"Hey, i don't recall this cave being called "The Cave of Suicide", Quit trying to kill yourselves damnit"
You shout at your friends. It seems to work.
+1 Chaos.

Eh. Stay out of trouble.
[Common Sense: 6]: Holy crap, you manage to not do something stupid! Amazing!

...However, you notice something strange: There's a rock next to you. And the cave was smoothed by Nowan before you entered. What the hell?

+1 Chaos.

Get out from under the cart, if possible using earth magic.
[Struggle: 4]: You manage to struggle out of the cart. [Luck: 5] The cart also stays in place and doesn't run someone over.

+1 Chaos.

Spoiler: Initiative. (click to show/hide)

Attempt to talk away the fight, if that fails cast a maintained ait shield on one of them
[Conversation: 6-2-1-1-1: Despite your best attempts, you cannot communicate to them, especially when they're trying to kill you. However, you did do a good job regardless.

[5+1+1-1][Luck: 3]: You successfully cast a Air shield on [2] the second Accurarwa. However, you attracted the attention of the first, and the one you casted your shield on nearly breaks your shield.

+3 conversation.
+3 Shield magic skill.
Now adept in Shield magic.
+Status: Maintaining Air-blocking shield.

Quote from: Accurarwa 2
GASP! CAN'T BREATHE!
He panics and attacks the shield, desperate to get out. He does [5+2+1] 8 damage, expertly hitting your shield's weak points, nearly breaking your shield.

If Accurarwa are still hostile despite Nat's efforts, shoot at the Accurarwa 2.
[Emergency stop roll: 5]: You hold fire, noticing Nat placing a shield on the second.

The footsteps are getting closer... much closer.

+1 Chaos.

Quote from: Accurarwa 1
Get that mage!
He charges at Nat, swinging his spear at him. [1] VS [6+1-1] He misses, and Nat dodges expertly out of the way.

Nat: +3 defense skill.

Dostricht looks annoyed and impatient. "Come on, chaos not joke. It is bad thing, unless you like mutation."

Warning: Darin has 6 HP left.
Caution: Arzhog has 8 HP left.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Allies:

Deep Whispers:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Chaos Hollows:
Spoiler: Accurarwa 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 2 (click to show/hide)

Hey, your luck is back.

Also, Draignean, I hope you weren't bored out of your mind with the last dreaming secession, because you get to do it again! But this time, I lessened the amount to 2 turns instead. And it's not so bad, if you get good rolls you may actually learn something (that's the reason for the lucidity roll). Of course, you could also get a bad roll and have bad things happen to you, but that's a small chance, right?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:32:38 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 20, 2011, 01:30:54 am »

Holy crap I did it!

... What's Nowan again?

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 20, 2011, 01:31:27 am »

"Right, Lets go! Fucking Chaos ain't waiting for us, we'll need to do this and get out unless you guys want a bunch of stupid mutations, and if that is the case, i'll just leave the cave and wait"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 20, 2011, 01:45:55 am »

"Yeah, let's go." Kirion started following Ravenium, attempting to cast his trivial healing spell on Darin as he walked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 20, 2011, 02:25:31 am »

wolfchild, a piece of tactical input for you: there is a pool of irradiated water in the cave. I suggest you use Water Magic instead of Shields.

Connect Accurarwa 2's heart with his lungs via Polymorph.
Edit: fixed the target. wolfchild is already going to drown Accurarwa 1, and magic, unlike water, can pierce Accurarwa 2's shield.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 09:23:47 am by HmH »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 20, 2011, 02:30:00 am »

... What's Nowan again?
TolyK, the Dual-Shield wielding earth-polymorpher of aluminum armor.

wolfchild, a piece of tactical input for you: there is a pool of irradiated water in the cave. I suggest you use Water Magic instead of Shields.
Just remember that the Accurarwa were created from chaos-irradiated dogs, and they've lived in chaos irradiated lands for their entire life. So you'd have to get quite a bit on them before you will notice any affect.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 20, 2011, 02:48:01 am »

Oh right xP

I should get my connection to work again so that I can properly read through stuff.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 20, 2011, 04:25:14 am »

"Agreed."

Cast a moderate healing spell on myself, follow others to a different passage. Bat guards me if possible.

Well, we're all going to be mutants. Maybe I can spam placed mobile chaos shields once I'm not dying so much.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 20, 2011, 04:36:17 am »

One thing about mobile shields: They will always have half the strength of immobile shields. So for example a Placed Mobile Minor Chaos shield can absorb only, oh, 2 points instead of 4.

This is because of two reasons:
1: Logicalish: It is harder for a shield to stay together when it is moving.
2: Balancing: There would be no reason for immobile shields if they were the same strength as mobile shields.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 20, 2011, 05:36:20 am »

Hmm. Go in, find the dragon. Time to get this done.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 20, 2011, 07:05:47 am »

One thing about mobile shields: They will always have half the strength of immobile shields. So for example a Placed Mobile Minor Chaos shield can absorb only, oh, 2 points instead of 4.

This is because of two reasons:
1: Logicalish: It is harder for a shield to stay together when it is moving.
2: Balancing: There would be no reason for immobile shields if they were the same strength as mobile shields.
i dunno, a stationary forcefield that stops people passign would be petter than one that could be moved in most circumstances

also chaos irradiated or not, i wasnt thinking of using that aspect, ust that it's water

Water, meet this dog things lungs
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: April 20, 2011, 07:16:03 am »

Yeah, I'm eager to jump in as anyone, but you guys should get in and out in fast, unless you want to meet the Tarrans mutation roller. In about 8 turns, the first players will hit 20, not counting who gets hit by the dragon's chaos attacks. I hope the gold is worth it...

Hopefully, you guys get cool things like firebreathing and scaled skin, and not stuff like hooves, deformed body and uncontrolled teleportitis.

Speaking of which, I hope Tarran added Teleportitis in some way. That's a fun one to have.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 20, 2011, 07:18:29 am »

Eh, we have a transmuter.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 20, 2011, 08:12:10 am »

... What's Nowan again?
TolyK, the Dual-Shield wielding earth-polymorpher of aluminum armor.
:D

Hmm. Go in, find the dragon. Time to get this done.
Follow Darvi, pushing cart carefully.

Eh, we have a transmuter.
there is the luck roll you know  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 139