Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 152955 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

This is a chance for great glory! Kirion thought, praising Isaia silently and generally getting fired up to to take down this dragon. He checked his equipment, then turned to the rest of the team. "I'm ready to do this when you are."

IF Tolyk gets injured

"Here, let me help you." Kirion attempted to heal Nowan's wounds.
TolyK avoids the in-fighting, so you follow the group.

"I'm looking forward to this," Darin said cheerfully. Once might almost assume he wasn't the most sensible person around.

Having learned nothing, attempt to create a third soulstone.
Dostricht responds "Me too. Dragon scale good for sharpening sword!'.

[4+1][Luck: 1]: Naturally, you screw up and have another part of your soul ripped from the existing bits. This time, it's your sanity. Better not loose that stone. You really should stop doing that.

Dostricht says "Why you split soul? Not good for health.".

+1 Overreactive Great Average Soulstone: Contains your sanity. Don't loose it.
+1 Necromancy magic skill.

This time try wraping the shield arround myself
[5+1][Luck: 1]: You expertly make a shield. Unfortunately, it also blocks air. You are now DYING OF ASPHYXIATION. Better get out.

+Status: Everything blocking shield: 10 HP. Blocks air.
+Status: Dying of Asphyxiation: Do I need to explain? Fall unconscious after two turns, die after three.
New spell: Major Air-blocking shield: Hard to cast (-1 casting). Causes whoever it was casted upon to die of Asphyxiation after three turns.
+1 Shield magic skill.

Enchant my crossbow bolt with Necromancy magic, so that it leeches the stricken enemies' lifeforce and accumulates it inside self. In simpler terms, when an enemy takes damage, my crossbow bolt gets a portion of HP they lost.
[2+2][Luck: 4]: You enchant your bolts to absorb life from wounded or fallen enemies. You notice your friend make a shield around himself. He seems to be banging at it and shouting at you. You think he might've made a mistake while making the shield.

Item change: 8 Steel-tipped Bolts>8 Vampiric Steel-tipped Bolts: Absorbs life energy from damage.

Use shielding magic to enchant my main-hand (right-hand) shield with an automatic magic shield.
EDIT: The magical shield would deflect most of the magic damage back to the souce of it (the attacker)
[4+2][Luck: 3]: You enchant your main shield with the ability to reflect magic damage.

Item change:Aluminum Main hand Shield>Enchanted Aluminum Main hand Shield: 1/6 chance to deflect non-AoE spells back at caster.
+1 Shield magic skill.

Energy magic Tolyk for some Practice
[5-1+1][Luck: 3]: You fire a bolt of energy at TolyK.

[Ze Spy 4] Vs [TolyK 6-1]: TolyK expertly dodges out of the way of your well aimed, but not well aimed enough shot.

Dostricht protests. "What are you doing?! Save fight for enemy, not friend!"

+1 energy magic skill.
New spell: Energy bolt: 1d3 damage. Easy to cast.

TolyK: +1 Defense skill.

*Invisible roll* You have the feeling you've avoided bad luck. But feel additional hostility in the air.

Seriously now. Train wind magic.
[5][Luck: 2]: You create an epic dust storm, so epic that high mages would be surpised. However, when you stop, you realized you've caused a dust storm.

Dostricht protests. You can barely hear him "WHY YOU MAKE STORM?! WE CHOKE ON IT I BLAME ON YOU!"

+1 Air magic.
+Status (ALL on quest):

Quote from: Draignean
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...
[Dream roll: 3][Lucidity: 3][Insanity: 2][Appearance connection to reality: 2]: You dream of fluffy ponies and unicorns in a field of multi-colored grass. You appear to be one too, in fact. The dream is a little blurry, like you're waking up.

...Your subconscious stops the dream before it gets too silly. [Remember roll: 3]: When you wake up, you'll faintly remember the taste of the multi-colored grass.

MAIN QUEST: Dragon Hunt.
Participants: Darin. Ravenium. Nowan. Kirion. Joseph.

Dostricht eventually leads you to the entrance of Deep Whispers. The duststorm caused by Joseph rages on while you attempt to keep from falling over. Dostricht has to shout for you to hear him.

"CAVE HAS CHAOS! NOT MUCH BUT ENOUGH TO MAKE SKIN CRAWL! DRAGON IS DOWN DEEP, I GO FIRST YOU FOLLOW! SPELL PEOPLE IN BACK, WEAPON PEOPLE IN FRONT! COME ON!"

You slowly walk into the cave. Dostricht was right; there is chaos in here. Not much, but still some (+1 per turn). Dostricht says "Feel chaos? It get worse deeper in. Let's try not to take too long, ahh?"

Eventually, you come across four splitting tunnels. "Which one first?" Dostricht asks. "We can split, but it may be dangerous. If we stay together we may take long time and chaos may mutate us."

(all) Location change: Deep Whispers: Intersection.
-Status (all): Duststorm: Impossible to pathfind. Roll to choke.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ze Spy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Allies:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Yes, Dostricht is a complete and utter badass. He's what you'd consider to be a mid game adventurer. I'll be sure to make the dragon just as nasty. And, if you're wondering why there's no acronyms, you'll have to ask him or identify what those items are.

Also, when creating him, I realized I should balance levels. I'll just be increasing the amount of attribute points levels give and decrease how much SLP they cost. Also adding more Skill Levels because the higher player levels were just simply too hard to reach for so little reward in my opinion. With the new system, you guys should level within this RTD's lifetime... I hope... because the game is nearing the point of no return, and if I don't balance things right now, I might never balance them later. You might want to check over the changes, just in case. Not important, but it never hurts to look.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:43:45 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

"Stay together, there is another extra enemy in here, don't ask me how i know that"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Darin gives a slightly worried glance at Ravenium, but agrees with her.

"Well, chaos will do things slowly; if we run into something we're not ready for that'd probably be bad quicker. How about... middle right passage?"

Meanwhile, take Dostricht's advice and attempt to re-merge my soul parts. Preferably back inside me, but I'll take what I can get.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile

Also, when creating him, I realized I should balance levels. I'll just be increasing the amount of attribute points levels give and decrease how much SLP they cost. Also adding more Skill Levels because the higher player levels were just simply too hard to reach for so little reward in my opinion. With the new system, you guys should level within this RTD's lifetime... I hope... because the game is nearing the point of no return, and if I don't balance things right now, I might never balance them later. You might want to check over the changes, just in case. Not important, but it never hurts to look.
I don't think the system we have right now is fit for a forum RTD. Most RTDs barely survive past 60 turns, and with current "+1 experience point to skill per successful action" sort of levelling it will take 30+ turns of dedicated spellcasting to reach so much as an Expert level in a single school. I suggest increasing experience gain rate, so it will take 10 or less succesful actions to level from Novice to Expert.

Use Energy Magic to make ventilation holes in Nat's shield. No longer relevant since wolfchild would rather have it fully removed. Posting new action.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:41:12 am by HmH »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meanwhile, take Dostricht's advice and attempt to re-merge my soul parts. Preferably back inside me, but I'll take what I can get.
I'll laugh if you get a luck of 1.

...Damn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't think the system we have right now is fit for a forum RTD. Most RTDs barely survive past 60 turns, and with current "+1 experience point to skill per successful action" sort of levelling it will take 30+ turns of dedicated spellcasting to reach so much as an Expert level in a single school. I suggest increasing experience gain rate, so it will take 10 or less succesful actions to level from Novice to Expert.
Hum, maybe. I do intend to keep this running for a bit.

Problem is changing it is going to be difficult. I screwed up at the beginning, making the gain far too low. I don't know what would be a good rate of gain, personally. I could make it so you always get 2 per action, but then it'd be leveling you up like crazy (4 actions for both Skill level and player level compared to 8 per SL&PL) and I'd have to do all sorts of other stuff to fix it. I could also give points based on how well you succeed, but I don't know what would be a good system. I just honestly don't know, I'm too sleepy right now to think very clearly.

I'd guess... based on success. 1 point for 3s, 2 for 4s, 3 for 5s and 6s, and 4 for 7+. What do you guys think?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Cast the shield's inverse on it nullifying both
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Heh, I can now do the windy thing!

"Everybody stand back, I'll use the windy thing on the cave to flush out any items and monsters!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Heh, I can now do the windy thing!

"Everybody stand back, I'll use the windy thing on the cave to flush out any items and monsters!"
Because there's no way this could end badly.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you roll high enough...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll be sure to make you die first if it goes badly.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I don't really feel qualified to critique your system since I'm having issues with my own, but the 3 = 1, 4 = 2, etc. system sounds good to me. Would the luck roll factor in or would it not matter?

As they walked, Kirion noticed something up with Nat. She seemed to be having trouble breathing, and it took awhile but eventually he figured out that she had created a magic shield around herself that was limiting her oxygen! Is she cursed? I should help! He attempted to use healing magic to cast a sort of abjuration/lift curse-type spell on Nat.

Being both a weapon guy and a magic guy, Kirion placed himself in the middle of the marching order as they entered the cave. "I'm OK with that," he said when Darin suggested the middle-right passage. He took a quick look around as well for any sort of danger that might be lurking.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:49:13 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As they walked, Kirion noticed something up with Nat. She seemed to be having trouble breathing, and it took awhile but eventually he figured out that she had created a magic shield around herself that was limiting her oxygen! Is she cursed? I should help! He attempted to use healing magic to cast a sort of abjuration/lift curse-type spell on Nat.
Um... they aren't next to you, they're miles away.

Though I just noticed: Apparently I teleported HmH to your location. Fixed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

... Crap. *knocks on side of head* That's what I get for waking up and posting first thing. Will strikethrough old action and post a new one.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I'll also be the first one to get any loot if it goes right?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not really. The stuff will just fly randomly onto the ground at random places. Whoever tries for it first (posts about grabbing it first) will get loot.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 139