Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Best Goblin Execution?  (Read 20789 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Best Goblin Execution?
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2011, 08:22:06 pm »

By bridgeapolt, I asumme you are using goblinoid ammunition?
Nope. We're using booze inside of barrels that are going to ignite at 3 degrees higher than underground temperature.
...Wait, all underground areas are the same temperature?
Suddenly this all makes sense.

Mod the specific barrel creature's raws so that ITS tissue and its tissue alone ignite at 50 urists.
:D

I think that'll get all the elves killed in world gen, then no more elves to blow up?  :-\
Nope. You can set kobold body temperatures so high that they melt themselves and burn their clothes, leaving their daggers and a massive firestorm that kills herbalists and woodcutters, destroying the wood stockpile and carpenter's  shop and everything in it including the carpenter and almost all of your furniture because you decided to embark without a pick.
And leave shrubs and trees.
Yeah, I might know what I'm talking about.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 08, 2011, 08:32:40 pm »

Nope. We're using booze inside of barrels that are going to ignite at 3 degrees higher than underground temperature.

Mod the specific barrel creature's raws so that ITS tissue and its tissue alone ignite at 50 urists.

I think that'll get all the elves killed in world gen, then no more elves to blow up?  :-\
Nope. You can set kobold body temperatures so high that they melt themselves and burn their clothes, leaving their daggers and a massive firestorm that kills herbalists and woodcutters, destroying the wood stockpile and carpenter's  shop and everything in it including the carpenter and almost all of your furniture because you decided to embark without a pick.
BUUUUUUUUURRRNNNNNN

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2011, 01:58:22 am »

BUUUUUUUUURRRNNNNNN
Also works with magma. Except it will also get rid of those damn shrubs and trees.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2011, 08:02:15 am »

Currently working on Urist's idea of letting them live.

*Conversation happened near the captive goblins"
Urist McMiner: "So the goblin pit will be ready in some time."
Urist McOtherminer: "Where exactly is it again?"
Urist McMiner: "It's next to The Pool, near the tower and pit of doom. I also think the magma piston you're working on is also quite close."

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2011, 06:56:51 pm »

Pit the in an arena with a wrestler who beats their heads in with one of their own legs. The best way is the Quan-Chi way.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:59:44 pm by AlexaiZ »
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2011, 07:35:21 pm »

you could attempt to make the goblin legenary through constant training in the arena. something iv been meaning to try but never had time. Once hes legendary you pit him against something like a bronze collossi and watch him be beat to a pulp

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2011, 09:18:08 pm »

How do you move cage traps with prisoners inside them? I have about 39 cage traps filled with elves that need disposing of.......
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2011, 10:40:33 pm »

All my cages get sent to the animal stockpile. I use the mass pitting system from the wiki to quickly recycle cages, you should try it.

Jalapeño Cheesepuffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2011, 11:12:00 pm »

make something like this:
Code: [Select]
WWWWWWWW
?g+++®.W
WWWWWWWW

W- Wall
+- Floor
. - Empty Space WITH 7/7 Lava beneath it

® - assortment of infants, kittens, and fluffy wamblers

?- either a wall, a hallways of spike traps, or an opening over a 50-z drop.

Basically this is a magma mist powered infant cannon. Using whatever methods you desire, you must drop a wall into the open space once the goblin and fluffy things have been put in position. Magma mist will plume out and launch the infants at extreme speeds towards the goblin, very likely smashing it into the wall or whatever you chose.

The Stray Kitten has been lodged firmly in the wound!
Urist McCannonfodder, Dwarven Child, slams the Goblin Prisoner in the head!
Goblin Prisoner's head takes the full force of the impact, shattering the skull and tearing the brain!

Goblin Prisoner has been struck down.

or something like that...
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr. Brain has long since departed"

-Edmund Blackadder

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2011, 11:54:54 pm »

Open up HFS and have them fight as the first line of defense

An example of doing so.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84451.msg2429822#msg2429822

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2011, 03:20:11 am »

you could attempt to make the goblin legenary through constant training in the arena. something iv been meaning to try but never had time. Once hes legendary you pit him against something like a bronze collossi and watch him be beat to a pulp

I suppose you could potentially danger room train them? Goblin strike force ftw. Don't let them escape though.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2011, 09:02:02 pm »

Most useful goblin executions? Wrestling training. Wrestling is quite hard to train normally, but is a very handy combat skill as long as you have a weapon as well. 4-5 dwarves vs a weaponless, naked save for a helmet goblin usually gets you a fair amount of wrestling/biting/punching experience and makes for some quite well rounded soldiers. You can even give a couple of dwarves wooden shields so that they can shield bash the poor goblin to death. It can take a very, very long time if you leave the goblin with a helmet on. Which means more skills for your wrestlers while its happening.

Best execution? Take your pick. I'm a syndrome man myself. Dump goblins in a syndrome effected area. Recage goblin with traps. Leave traps near depot. Give elves a live goblin present. Watch them fight. It's always a laugh guessing who will win the fight, and whether or not its the syndrome that gets them or the fighting. Fun for all.

Plus if the elves win, you can then desconstruct the depot, send them on their way and imagine them slowly spreading the virus amongst their hippy brothers and sisters. GTD's for all (as opposed to the normal STD's that elves get).
It's a game. Have fun.

Sanguine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2011, 03:33:17 am »

WWWWWWWW
?g+++®.W
WWWWWWWW

W- Wall
+- Floor

Basically this is a magma mist powered infant cannon. Using whatever methods you desire, you must drop a wall into the open space once the goblin and fluffy things have been put in position. Magma mist will plume out and launch the infants at extreme speeds towards the goblin, very likely smashing it into the wall or whatever you chose.

Goblin Prisoner's head takes the full force of the impact, shattering the skull and tearing the brain!

Are you serious? You can kill things with infants?! I LOVE THIS GAME!
Once liquids are implemented properly, you could set up a mandatory test involving potential military dwarves swim through a sea of blood on their way through the testing.

Doomchild-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2011, 05:03:50 am »

WWWWWWWW
?g+++®.W
WWWWWWWW

W- Wall
+- Floor

would that work with items instead of creatures? replace the infants/kittens/etc with some serated disks, would that make a cannon that shoots serated disks?

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2011, 04:13:08 am »

Ultimate evil snakepit of doom... like in every movie. or shark pool full of sharks with magmacannons?
now THAT would be awesome. i think ill go mod sharks a bit and build that pool.
ofc it would need a mechanic that slowly drops it's victims into water but there would still be a slight chance of survival for our hero
mod sharks to breath dragonfire, throw goblins in, watch.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8