Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: New City planning, what are you excited for?  (Read 17742 times)

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
New City planning, what are you excited for?
« on: April 01, 2011, 08:01:32 pm »

As the great Toady said, cities are starting to be looked it. I don't see to much excitement going on, but the way he describes it seems amazing. What are you most excited for in the coming city-creation content?

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New City planning, what are you excited for?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 08:06:19 pm »

Probably the promise that there will be quests within cities, probably hunting criminals in sewers or something. I always love adventuring in a more urban landscape.

Ale and Axes

• Bay Watcher
  • Chug - Swipe - Cheer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 08:23:24 pm »

I'm hoping that dwarf, elf and goblin settlements will appear again.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 08:24:32 pm »

Probably the promise that there will be quests within cities, probably hunting criminals in sewers or something. I always love adventuring in a more urban landscape.

^ This. It'll be great to mess around with actual cities as opposed to villages.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 08:29:53 pm »

Basically this, but don't hold your breath.

Also, I'm excited about seeing the new architectural design of cities. Boring rectangular houses are boring.

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 08:35:05 pm »

im hoping to go GTA on one of those cities

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 08:36:44 pm »

I hope the big cities will eventually have sewers dungeons.
A place for monsters to hide in daytime, and spawn from at night.  :D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:30:12 pm by Ultimuh »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 10:28:32 pm »

Yay! New cities!.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Xelanthol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 10:42:20 pm »

Haha you guys have been waiting this for a long time haven't you? I've been trying to get the hang of adventurer mode but I always get devoured by night creatures *sniff*. I enjoy the fortified safeness of my fortress.

I wonder what we can expect with trading in this arc too?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 11:50:47 pm »

What are you most excited for in the coming city-creation content?

You almost got my hopes up there... I had suggested at one point the ability for players to design sites and the buildings in them for themselves, but now I understand better...

I hope this will lead in some way to that, as well as to crimes by any individual no longer causing an instantaneous reaction of pure hatred throughout the civilization affected by him. especially if it's minor assault and theft. I also want to find a way to embark on cities and dig the ground out from under them 8)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:54:08 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 12:08:37 am »

What are you most excited for in the coming city-creation content?

You almost got my hopes up there... I had suggested at one point the ability for players to design sites and the buildings in them for themselves, but now I understand better...

I hope this will lead in some way to that, as well as to crimes by any individual no longer causing an instantaneous reaction of pure hatred throughout the civilization affected by him. especially if it's minor assault and theft. I also want to find a way to embark on cities and dig the ground out from under them 8)
That made me think of 40d embarks on top of a human or elven town, and just digging underneath them. They were great for keeping the goblins away.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 01:00:28 am »

there was also the embark anywhere tool for 31.<17 that permitted you to embark on towns, mountains, and oceans. I don't think it's being updated, sadly...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 02:47:11 am »

What am I looking forward to? I wan't to see streets. REAL streets with multi story houses tightly together at the sides. I wan't to see abandoned buildings. I wan't to see water/sewer systems that connect wells/dump into a pond/lake/sea. I want to see houses with secret passages and I want to see people have beds and chests and coffers and tables and chairs in their houses. I want to see cellars and lampstands. I want to see merchants on the streets and I want to see pastures at the outskirts of the city. I want to see bridges that span across giant rivers and I want to see pubs and inns and shops with counters. THAT'S what I am looking forward to.

FGK dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 03:24:14 am »

Does anyone remember the old DOS game Darklands? That had lots of procedurally-generated city quests...you could go years without leaving the walls!

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2011, 07:28:35 am »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10