Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 89

Author Topic: SV: 51% OTG: 79%  (Read 76299 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 31% OTG: 39%.
« Reply #735 on: April 27, 2011, 06:36:15 pm »

>AddINV Surgeonsroom.OrthopaedicSurgeonWith21stCenturyBonesettingKnowledge

>Clean RAM 30
>Clean CPU 30

>Whisper Sergeant (No I do not know. This is not the same world as mine, it is a miracle I can under stand what you are saying at all. In my world crazy means one has a psychological or behavioral pattern generally associated with subjective distress or disability that occurs in an individual, and which is not a part of normal development or culture. But I have seen signs that that does not completely match up with this world.)

>Look Wiesarlue.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 100% OTG: 100%.
« Reply #736 on: April 27, 2011, 06:58:02 pm »

>AddINV Surgeonsroom.OrthopaedicSurgeonWith21stCenturyBonesettingKnowledge

Please wait one moment...
Estimating CPU usage... 45% OK.
Estimating RAM usage... 60% OK.
Charting Surgeon's movements...
Adjusting ATT levels...
Re-running movements...
Done. The surgeon is now waiting in the room.

Lucas shifts around uncomfortably.

Lucas:
"Well?"

>Clean RAM 30
>Clean CPU 30

RAM is being cleared of unnecessary data. Please wait.

CPU is being drained of unnecessary cycles. Please wait.

>Whisper Sergeant (No I do not know. This is not the same world as mine, it is a miracle I can under stand what you are saying at all. In my world crazy means one has a psychological or behavioral pattern generally associated with subjective distress or disability that occurs in an individual, and which is not a part of normal development or culture. But I have seen signs that that does not completely match up with this world.)

The sergeant coughs.

Sergeant:
"Yeah, it used to mean that before... Used to."

The sergeant pauses to think.

Sergeant:
"Are you really from another world?"

>Look Wiesarlue.

The Wiesarlue is a large, squat building, near the northern edge of the city and right bank of the city, and is in the style of Baroque architecture. The outer facade of the building is drab and unassuming, made out of a pinkish plaster that is slowly falling apart, revealing the brickwork underneath. Very little ornamentation graces the outside of the building, with only some styling around its columns and stone murals evenly spaced around the building. The Old Wiesarlue is three stories tall, while a newer addition has a five story tall tower, though in the same style as the rest of the building. The Wiesarlue surrounds a courtyard, that is now overrun with weeds and plants. Separating the Wiesarlue from the nearby buildings is an tall, wrought iron fence. Reinforcing the fence is a masonry wall, much higher than the original, and sloppily made. Several decaying wooden beams support the parts of the wall that are sagging too much. Littering the grounds of the Wiesarlue are bits of garbage and waste, along with human bones and corpses, bleached white from exposure to the elements. rusty armour, guns and weapons can be seen also. Looking closely at the building, bullet-holes become visible, mostly concentrated near the entrances and exits. Larger shot and cannonballs, many of them still in the holes they made, can also be seen.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 27, 2011, 07:03:16 pm »

holy jesus.

from 20% to 100%.

jeez.

>whisper Lucas (If you will survey the room, you will see a patient. he has a broken... femur, I do believe. That is only my opinion, however. What is your opinion, and do you need supplies?)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 27, 2011, 07:06:49 pm »

>Whisper Lucas (Hello. Sorry for bringing you here so abruptly, but as you can see, we have a small emergency. I can, given a small amount of time, bring you supplies, but I need you to save my friend's life and limbs.)

>Whisper Sergeant (Sorta. It is very complicated, but suffice to say, this is not our world. So although I will know basic things that bleed over from our the fact our cultures are so close, and from the basic necessities of life. I am not knowing of the particulars. Such as what you mean when you say crazy. I do not suppose you could explain to us what these crazies are, what Wiesarlue is, and why it is full of dead bodies and looks like a war zone?)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 99% OTG: 95%.
« Reply #739 on: April 27, 2011, 07:16:11 pm »

>Whisper Lucas (Hello. Sorry for bringing you here so abruptly, but as you can see, we have a small emergency. I can, given a small amount of time, bring you supplies, but I need you to save my friend's life and limbs.)

>whisper Lucas (If you will survey the room, you will see a patient. he has a broken... femur, I do believe. That is only my opinion, however. What is your opinion, and do you need supplies?)

Lucas looks around, and spots Jonathan.

Lucas:
"No need. I have everything I need in my bag."

Lucas sets his bag on the table, and pulls out several scalpels, forceps, metal braces, nuts, bolts, a screwdriver, needle and thread, and a bottle containing Tonic of Abedalatif. Finally, he inspects Jonathan's wounds.

Lucas:
"Well, he'll never use his left hand again, if you're wondering. I could easily reattach the bones in his left leg. Of course, you do realize that I'm here to experiment with my new technique, and that he may not survive, right?"

>Whisper Sergeant (Sorta. It is very complicated, but suffice to say, this is not our world. So although I will know basic things that bleed over from our the fact our cultures are so close, and from the basic necessities of life. I am not knowing of the particulars. Such as what you mean when you say crazy. I do not suppose you could explain to us what these crazies are, what Wiesarlue is, and why it is full of dead bodies and looks like a war zone?)

The sergeant looks uncomfortably around.

The sergeant whispers:
"I'm sorry, but I can't. All you have to know is that the Crazies fucked up Wiesarlue, and we'll leave it at that, right?"

A couple nearby soldiers look at the sergeant confused, and more than a little worried.

RAM clearing complete.
The CPU has 99% of its cycles in use.
The RAM has 95% of its memory in use.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 27, 2011, 07:24:08 pm »

>Whisper Lucas (Errr... New technique? We brought you here to save his life and keep him in good enough shape to function. Not to try radical and dangerous new medical procedures. What is this new technique?)

>Whisper Sergeant (Alright. Fair enough. Also, it looks like your men are wondering why you are talking to, what looks like to them, nothing. So, unless you want our help with something, I guess we are done here.)

>Clean RAM 100
>Clean CPU 100

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 27, 2011, 07:33:46 pm »

Veto:
>Clean RAM 100
>Clean CPU 100

The CPU is still being cleared. Besides that, I suspect that smaller increments will go faster, giving more control over when strings of dangerous updates with full CPU/RAM happen.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 27, 2011, 07:36:09 pm »

The CPU is still being cleared.

No it's not. And logically, it will only go slower if we try to micromanage it.

It would give us more control though, at the cost of a large number of extra turns before we can do anything.

Edit: Dude. If you are going to do something. Then do it already. Don't just sit there.

>Clean RAM 99
>Clean CPU 99
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 07:45:34 pm by Criptfeind »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 27, 2011, 07:46:34 pm »

>Whisper Lucas (Errr... New technique? We brought you here to save his life and keep him in good enough shape to function. Not to try radical and dangerous new medical procedures. What is this new technique?)

Lucas grabs one of the metal braces from the table.

Lucas:
"Basically, I set the leg, then bolt these braces into place around the leg, securing the bone. Then, I stitch up the wound, and let nature take its course. With the braces, the bone can repair itself properly, so he won't limp as much. More importantly, we could repair multiple fractures like this one more easily, without resorting to amputation. Additionally, I've also discovered that washing my braces and tools in boiling water helps to eliminate the metal poisoning that contributes to the death of many amputation patients. Don't worry too much about his life. Even with the few operations I've done so far, I haven't lost a patient once while I was preforming this treatment. Can any other doctor say the same?"

Lucas looks around.

Lucas:
"Speaking of boiling water, where is the fuel for the brazier?"

>Whisper Sergeant (Alright. Fair enough. Also, it looks like your men are wondering why you are talking to, what looks like to them, nothing. So, unless you want our help with something, I guess we are done here.)

The sergeant nods.

Sergeant:
"Alright then."

He turns to the soldiers and bellows: "Damn it, why hasn't this man been taken to the bloody barracks yet? Get moving you fucking sons of bitches."

Two soldiers sheepishly walk forward and roughly pull Jorg off the ground. Using their pikes, they prod him into movement, heading to the south, and towards the river.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 27, 2011, 07:49:40 pm »

>Whisper to Lucas (Er, one question first, is there ANYTHING at all you could do to fix his left hand?)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 27, 2011, 07:50:40 pm »

>Whisper Lucas (Oh thank god. Yes, please do it as you say. I will try to find the fuel. One moment.)

>Look fuel for the brazier

>Whisper Surgeon (Hey, where do you keep the fuel for the brazier?)

>Clean RAM 100
>Clean CPU 100

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 69% OTG: 65%.
« Reply #746 on: April 27, 2011, 07:56:42 pm »

>Whisper to Lucas (Er, one question first, is there ANYTHING at all you could do to fix his left hand?)

Lucas ponders for a second.

Lucas:
"I'm sorry, but I don't have any braces small enough for the bones in the hand. I could attempt to 'adjust' the bones back to their proper position, but that could cause damage to the veins inside the hand. Trying to open the hand up could cause irreversible damage as well. Even with my modern medical knowledge, I wouldn't attempt such a procedure. Unless it was life-threatening, of course."

>Whisper Lucas (Oh thank god. Yes, please do it as you say. I will try to find the fuel. One moment.)

Lucas: "Certainly."

Lucas turns back to his bag, and continues his preparations.

>Look fuel for the brazier

Error: Object not found.

>Whisper Surgeon (Hey, where do you keep the fuel for the brazier?)

Surgeon: "Huh? Oh, right. Fuel's expensive nowadays. I've probably sold it all. We don't need it in this heat anyways."

>Clean RAM 100
>Clean CPU 100

RAM is being cleared of unnecessary data. Please wait.

CPU is being drained of unnecessary cycles. Please wait.

RAM clearing complete.
CPU draining complete.
The CPU has 69% of its cycles in use.
The RAM has 65% of its memory in use.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 27, 2011, 07:59:47 pm »

>Whisper to Lucas (Wait, I think we can obtain some...)
AddINV OnTable.HandBrace

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 27, 2011, 08:00:41 pm »

>Whisper Lucas (Hum. What if we make the tiny bracers for you? Could you use them with little risk then?)

>AddINV Surgeonsroom fuelforthebrazier

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 71% OTG: 69%.
« Reply #749 on: April 27, 2011, 08:08:26 pm »

>Whisper to Lucas (Wait, I think we can obtain some...)

>Whisper Lucas (Hum. What if we make the tiny bracers for you? Could you use them with little risk then?)

Lucas shrugs

Lucas:
"We shall see."

AddINV OnTable.HandBrace

Lucas spots the hand brace, and picks it up to inspect it.

Lucas:
"This is very fine work. I'll use it, seeing as you want me to."

>AddINV Surgeonsroom fuelforthebrazier

Lucas spots the fuel.

Lucas:
"Ah, there's the fuel. Shall I start the operation?"
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 89