Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 89

Author Topic: SV: 51% OTG: 79%  (Read 76263 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 7% OTG: 13%.
« Reply #765 on: April 28, 2011, 08:40:29 pm »

Oh, he's a cripple? And he has a heatstroke? Oh. Anyway, it's machine pistol.

Well since nothing else would work...
>addINV Jorg.PortableForcefield

I guess that works.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 28, 2011, 08:58:07 pm »

Fun Fact: Machine Pistols are EXTREMELY inaccurate when firing with one hand. Recoil, baby!

And I'm not sure if they'll let us put Sci-Fi stuff, or that will mark low on the SV OTG meters.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 28, 2011, 09:01:56 pm »

Well since nothing else would work...

I dunno, is this really a good idea?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 28, 2011, 10:14:12 pm »

Meh.

Cancel that then.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 29, 2011, 06:37:15 am »

We need to stop this.

Does enhancing his chemical process work against heatstroke? I know it would make healing go faster, but it could lead to unforeseen consequences.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 29, 2011, 07:05:35 am »

veto

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 29, 2011, 12:48:13 pm »

We need to stop this.

Does enhancing his chemical process work against heatstroke? I know it would make healing go faster, but it could lead to unforeseen consequences.
I think the main consequence would be faster burning. Slowing him down might buy us enough time to cool him down first.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 11% OTG: 18%.
« Reply #772 on: April 29, 2011, 03:56:38 pm »

whisper Lucas (Oh, thank the great time-traveling raptor jesus. Thank you very much. we'll take it from here.)

Lucas similes.

Lucas:
"Thanks, I guess."

>Whisper to Lucas (Thanks man. You, quite literally, saved us. Is there anything we can do to repay you?)

Lucas shakes his head.

Lucas:
"It would go against my conscience to accept payment while the patient is still too close to death."

Lucas washes his hands in the lukewarm water, before reheating it over the brazier.

Lucas:
"Now, there's several things you'll need to do while he's recovering. The dressing on his leg should be replaced frequently, once every day. His leg brace should be washed once a week in boiling water, to help keep the metal poisons from leaching through his skin. You should do the same with the hand brace. I have no idea what metal it's made of, which is why it's covered with bandages. I'd keep any blood away from it as much as possible."

Seeing that the water is boiling, Lucas dumps his implements into it. He walks over to his bag, and pulls three glass bottles from it.

The first bottle is the smallest. Attached to it is a piece of parchment. The parchment declares that this bottle contains "Professor Lucas Gerste's Blood Cleanser and Detoxifier. Good for ridding the blood of all illness, diseases and poisons." A picture of a dove graces the parchment.

Lucas:
"This is my patented blood cleanser and detoxifier. You should give it to him as soon as he awakes, to cleanse his blood of any metal poisons that remain. He should also take it once a week, until the bone is healed enough for the brace to come off. A spoonful should be enough."

The second bottle is slightly bigger than the first. Attached to it is a piece of parchment. Written on the parchment are the words "Professor Lucas Gerste's Purgative. Expels all bodily harms and wastes through the anus, as the gods intended." Rather unimaginatively, a picture of a man squatting over a chamber pot is on the parchment.

Lucas:
"This is my purgative. You should give him a spoonful and a half about an hour after you give him my blood cleanser and detoxifier. It'll remove any remaining poisons in his system, and give him the vigour needed to heal his body."

The third bottle is much larger than the first. The parchment on it loudly proclaims that it is "Professor Lucas Gerste's Famous Healing Tonic. Good for any manner of maladies and bodily troubles that may strike a man." A picture of three salamanders is also on the parchment. Each of the salamanders is growing out of the other, forming a triangle.

Lucas beams:
"And finally, this is my world-renowned healing tonic. Give a cupful to him whenever he seems to need it, or when he complains of trouble with his hand or leg. It should fix him right up. If his leg seems to be healing slowly, just pour a little on the wound when you change the dressing. I assure you that his leg will soon seem to be mending itself after that!"

Lucas carefully begins to extract his instruments from the bowl of boiling water.

Lucas:
"Any questions?"

ChangeCHEM Johnothan (4)

Jonathan's chemical processes have been increased to four times normal.

>AddINV Surgeonsroom crateOfFortifiedProteinMilkshakes

The crate has been added to the surgeon's room.

Whisper Lucas (Professor, it'd be helpful if you told us as much as you can about your world. To start, how many gods are there?)

Lucas: "Mmm? Gods? Well, I suppose that depends on who you talk to."

whisper Jorg (Glad to see you're awake. Ice pack?)

AddINV Jorg (Ice pack)

Jorg: "Sure. Thanks."

Jorg uses his hand to secure the ice pack on his head.

>Whisper to Opponents (Guys, stop messing with us. Really. Why don't you go in your own session?)

Quote from: Vedhrod
>Whisper to Proponents (Our very own session? For us? How sweet. Ha Ha Ha Ha. (That's laughter, if you morons can't understand.))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 29, 2011, 04:03:22 pm »

And I'm not sure if they'll let us put Sci-Fi stuff, or that will mark low on the SV OTG meters.

The moderators wish to remind the proponents that any Sci-Fi items or technology may not be used, as is any technology from 2230 CE to 3872 CE (Excepting any technology currently used in the present day, or after 3872 CE).

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 29, 2011, 06:49:15 pm »

>Whisper to proponents (What, mute as well as dumb? Why, what a surprise.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 29, 2011, 06:51:44 pm »

>Whisper to Opponents (How long has USEC been running this session when you guys got in here, anyway?)

>AddATT Jonathan.Wake Up.10,000

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 29, 2011, 06:52:25 pm »

>whisper Vedhrod (Why don't you go fuck yourself, you miserable excuse for an opponent.)

>Lock Jorg
>Lock Johnothan

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SV: 11% OTG: 19%.
« Reply #777 on: April 29, 2011, 07:03:20 pm »

>Whisper to Opponents (How long has USEC been running this session when you guys got in here, anyway?)

Quote from: The Valiant Toast
>Whisper to Proponents (Since you were made. Of course, you wouldn't know about that, so don't feel too bad about it.)

>AddATT Jonathan.Wake Up.10,000

The task Wake Up has been added to Jonathan's task list, at 10,000 ATT.

>whisper Vedhrod (Why don't you go fuck yourself, you miserable excuse for an opponent.)

>Whisper to Proponents (Miserable excuse? You're already on your second candidate, and he's got an date with the Imperor. If anything, you're a miserable for a proponent. I'm an Opponent extraordinaire.)

>Whisper to Proponents (Please excuse my friend. He's a feisty one, though he is quite correct. We'll probably be testing a third candidate soon.)

>Lock Jorg
>Lock Johnothan

Error: Jorg and Johnothan are not valid targets. Please re-enter your command with the correct parameters.

Lucas carefully puts his tools back in his bag.

Lucas:
"The patient will probably be under for a couple more hours. When he waits, make sure you keep him from moving too much. We don't want him to upset his stitches."

Lucas closes up his bag.

Lucas:
"Is there anything else you require of me?"

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 29, 2011, 07:06:33 pm »

>whisper Lucas (Nothing more, thank you)

>whisper Jorg (Well, looks like you might be a tad bit fucked. we need to get you out of there.)

>LOOK Jorg's cell

>whisper The Valiant Toast (Huh, I think you might be right on that front. I have to say, I thought you were all just a bunch of trolls, apparently not though)

Hokay, so there are two possible things that could be happening.

1- Usec (In-Universe (The AI)) Is making these people up. or...

2- Usec has made another thread on another board, and is directly quoting them. every hardship we have come across is a result of the opponents.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:10:06 pm by ggamer »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 29, 2011, 07:21:07 pm »

>whisper Lucas (Nothing more, thank you)

Lucas nods, and heads out the door.

Outside, the surgeon is still reading the medical textbooks. He looks up as Lucas opens the door. He frowns at Lucas.

Lucas:
"I've finished the surgery. I expect that some men will soon arrive to bring the patient out of your... operating room."

The surgeon sneers at Lucas:

Surgeon:
"Yes, I hear that the mortician is doing good business now that you've arrived."

Lucas snarls at the surgeon: "I'll have you know that never have I've killed a patient in all my years as a surgeon!"

The surgeon laughs.

Surgeon:
"Yes, all one of them."

Lucas's face turns red, as he struggles to come up with a rebuke. Finally, defeated, he slinks down the stairs.

>whisper Jorg (Well, looks like you might be a tad bit fucked. we need to get you out of there.)

Jorg frowns: "How so?"

>LOOK Jorg's cell

The jail cell has a few bits of graffiti, here and there. Most of the graffiti is in several different languages, mostly just people's names and messages to their gods. The floor is covered by a rotten mat. A decrepit pile of mouldy straw lies in one corner of the cell, and a chamber pot lies in the other. A table and stool is pushed up against one wall. The table is carved with similar graffiti as on the walls. Near the top of one of the walls sits a grate, letting light and air into the cell. A large metal-bound door with slits for looking inside the cell sits on the wall opposite the grate.

>whisper The Valiant Toast (Huh, I think you might be right on that front. I have to say, I thought you were all just a bunch of trolls, apparently not though)

>Whisper to Proponents (I'll assume that that was a compliment.)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 89