Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 727541 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Roll to X-COM: Harvest Edition

You and several other aliens have been given relative autonomy in abducting humans and sowing terror. Don't screw it up by being shot in the head by some human with a fancy suit, now.

Possible mechanic: Either you have some sort of mind-transfer ability, or your clones are so similar that you might as well be the same thing, so as long as you've got enough nutrients you can come back from getting shot. This would add slightly to the humor, as it'd allow combat to be a lot more brutal, but might trivialize death, especially in some circumstances, and could create wonkiness with any leveling or equipment systems.

Could also work well as an illustrated game, I suspect. Well, other than the fact that floaters are probably pretty hard to draw.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

That sounds like fun, IO. Perhaps a tko could result in death but if one team member survives an encounter he can revive the others. I've been thinking about a game with little death and that was one possibility.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

What time is it?

ADVENTURE TIME!

Please elaborate?

Hm. Apparently when I replied to this, it was not posted. Odd.

So I've been on an Adventure Time kick lately (still would be if hadn't run out of episodes to watch,) and it struck me that the silly, over-the-top nature of the setting is well suited for an RTD. My hazy half-plot involves Finn and Jake being absent for a prolonged period of time (off on adventure, prisoners of Ice King, whatever) so that the land needs new heroes. Filling that gap would be the players, Candy People who have stepped up to combat the various monsters and problems of Ooo and die horribly.

Unfortunately, quite aside from not having time to run it I also don't think I have the writing chops to capture the feel of Adventure Time quests, let alone impersonate any established characters.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

silly, over-the-top

Oh gosh. Not really my kind of thing but, you know, could be interesting.

not having time to run it

Oh :(

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

silly, over-the-top

Oh gosh. Not really my kind of thing but, you know, could be interesting.

Quote from: lawastooshort
...A vast spire of fire leaps into the air from the middle of the fountain, and the thousands of used communist speedos are thrown enflamed to the suddenly rising wind, scattering this way and that, showering the square with burning crotch sweat and shards of liquid-hot communist panties! Flaming nylon rains from the sky, sticking like demonic napalm to everything it touches upon and the square is lit up as if a nightmarish vision of terrible hell!

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear

btw in case anyone hasn't noticed, my zombie game framework got rolled into a test project. Instead of medieval villagers you have dinosaurs. and instead of zombies you have dinosaurs, and instead of a village you have a nest site :P It's called Roll to Velociraptor.

It's a simpler setting in several ways. But still lets me try out my game system and get a feel for GMing.

You're Going to Make a Future Town but You Forgot Your Supplies In Your Other Hardsuit

So a sci-fi citybuilding game? That could be interesting. I'm sorry to say you lost me on the specifics though. I'm not sure I understand the relationship between players --> clans --> population. 4-5 players making six moves (one per clan?)
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Roll to Minecraft (Nonexistent Mod Edition)

The premise behind this one is an RTD themed like Minecraft. Everyone starts as some kind of class, and begins their adventure. Throughout the land there are shrines, dungeons, and sites of interest that hold many artifact weapons, supplies, or just plain useful items. You start off in a nice house with everything you need to start off- you have a small farm plot, some preserved meat and bread, a potion or two, and the armor and weaponry left in the house from your (parental figure)'s adventuring days. Now (parental figure) is dead from old age and you, his family, must fend for yourself.

This world is a little different in that there are more metals and more creatures. What you know:

Wood->Stone->Copper->Iron->Bronze->Steel->Diamond->Mithril->Adamantine
Mobs->Better Mobs->Badass Mobs
Lots of enchantments/potions.

You can start as:
1. Archer Class
-You have an old bow and a few arrows along with a partial set of leather armor. You also have a single splash potion (random type)
2. Traveller Class
-You have a full set of leather armor and a sturdy staff (wood sword equivalent) along with a few torches.
3. Knight Class
-You have a copper breastplate and some leather armor with a stone sword.
4. Beserker Class
-You have an incomplete leather armor set and a stone sword. You carry a splash potion.
5. Villager Class
-You have full leather armor and a plethora of stone tools. You have some torches.
6. Monk Class
-You have incomplete leather armor, a sturdy staff, a potion, and a bow with a couple of arrows.

You can also take subclasses. This affects your main class slightly:
1. Warrior
-You can attack somewhat more efficiently (offense +1)
2. Scout
-You can see and hear incredibly well. (+1 looking)
3. Miner
-You are strong and durable (+1 defense)
4. Apothecary
-You know much about the world's flora and fauna and can make potions without brewing. (Potionmaking)
5. Priest
-You work under a powerful deity and can perform blessings. (Enchanting)
6. Diplomat:
-You can trade with Villagers(and other entities) without the need of Emeralds. (Trade)

---
4 players, endless adventure. Your goal is to figure out the secrets of the world, die a glorious death, or be an idiot. Waitlist is adventurers in the world not part of the story until someone dies and they wander in.

Subclasses might change. I plan on running this soon, but a freebie:

Mobs go through evolution chains. Part of the spider chain:

Spider+Arctic Environment =Arctic Spider (nasty little buggers)
Arctic Spider + Snowy Weather = Ice Spider (Hope you don't see any for a while.)

Spider + Thunder weather = Booming Spider (not explosive, but they make really loud noises.)
Booming Spider + Seen Creeper = Spider Bomb (Bigger explosion than creepers, scales walls. Ouch all around.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

If you ever start that up, I am SOOO in!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'm free to start a new RTD (and stick with it) in five weeks and I was wondering whether it would be a better idea to restart Phoenix Rising (a future-city RPG with gangs vying for control) or Roll To Pony (a MLP:FiM RTD with magic, fighting and cartoon physics, plans included airships).
Thoughts?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

I'd say do whichever of the two you enjoyed the most.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Well...I'm a Brony, so I'm going to be a tiny bit biast, but we HAD two RTP, both of which never really got off the ground, and we have a Gang thing going on right now, although in present time and in Britain. I think you might be able to do a bit more with RTP, what with there being more of a variety with the physics and items, as well as any battles you might have in mind.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Orrr you can whip up something new! I can't think up anything good now, but i should if given the time.
Durrr..

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Pony gangs. DO EET

*ahem*

I am going to do that minecraft RtD, and anyone who said "IN" here takes precedence in case time zones are bad. Updates would be daily anyway so it wouldn't matter.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll join the Minecraft RTD. IN?

It sounds fun.
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 661