Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 729326 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

RTD brainstorming thread? How did it took so long for me to notice this? I've been thinking of trying to gm RTD for friends so this thread could come in handy for ideas and help. PTW for now.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile

Thoughts about your spoiler inside your spoiler.

So, I would be interested in feedback on the following ideas which came about whilst thinking about Roll to be Father Ted.

Spoiler: Roll to be Father X! (click to show/hide)

In any case, I'd be interested in playing in this if you ever do get it up and running. :)
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

So, I would be interested in feedback on the following ideas which came about whilst thinking about Roll to be Father Ted.

Note- I have no knowledge of the source material.

Shame Points seem like they'd be the analog of HP- suffering too much Shame would cause the character to retreat to their rectory. Each Priest runs the risk of being shamed for their actions, either from screaming like a little girl on the Ferris Wheel or getting caught stealing or whatever. Priest actions are based on trying to accomplish their objectives while minimizing risk of Shame.

I do like the Lead Priest idea- personally, I'd run it where he's the only one with an altruistic/noble goal. His role is more difficult because he needs to coordinate the other Priests to accomplish it (and we all know how well RTDers work together,) and he suffers Shame if he has to directly help the other Priests with their sinful work. This gives him the difficult choice of getting Shamed and also getting a Priest to help him, or staying pure and having their main task made much more difficult.

Which leads to my argument for secret objectives- the Lead Priest has a public objective he gets lots of Priest Points from accomplishing, and ostensibly all the other priests have the same objective. However, they get many more points from completing their secret objective(s), so they'll volunteer for tasks that make it easier to complete said objectives or even abandon their assigned task in an attempt to complete the secret goal.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Thoughts about your spoiler inside your spoiler. Where I'm from they call this "hong kong style". I have done the same.

In any case, I'd be interested in playing in this if you ever do get it up and running. :)

Thank you. Interesting.

Note- I have no knowledge of the source material.

Shame Points seem like they'd be the analog of HP- suffering too much Shame would cause the character to retreat to their rectory. Each Priest runs the risk of being shamed for their actions, either from screaming like a little girl on the Ferris Wheel or getting caught stealing or whatever. Priest actions are based on trying to accomplish their objectives while minimizing risk of Shame.

I do like the Lead Priest idea- personally, I'd run it where he's the only one with an altruistic/noble goal. His role is more difficult because he needs to coordinate the other Priests to accomplish it (and we all know how well RTDers work together,) and he suffers Shame if he has to directly help the other Priests with their sinful work. This gives him the difficult choice of getting Shamed and also getting a Priest to help him, or staying pure and having their main task made much more difficult.

Which leads to my argument for secret objectives- the Lead Priest has a public objective he gets lots of Priest Points from accomplishing, and ostensibly all the other priests have the same objective. However, they get many more points from completing their secret objective(s), so they'll volunteer for tasks that make it easier to complete said objectives or even abandon their assigned task in an attempt to complete the secret goal.

Thanks, very good. What would be the incentive then for normal Priests to go along with the episode's main storyline i.e. the Lead Priest's main objective?

Also, maybe the Shame Points could have a certain threshold, say, 5 Points of Shame, at which point the Priest in question would have to er... yes, why not, retreat to the rectory or for each point he doesn't receive minus one Priest Point. Hmm.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

I'm thinking a combination of small Priestly rewards coupled with Shame for not completing assigned objectives. It'd be a tricky balancing act, though.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

I haven't been here in a while, haven't I...  :-\
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just some ideas I've had recently. ( I keep all my RTD ideas in a .txt file with info on it incase I want to make the system for it or some such)

----------------------------------------

Roll to Batteship - Each Player takes control of a naval ship (Or Ships) in the Eastern(?) Theatre during WW2

Roll to Fighter Wing - Each Player Takes control of a group of fighters/bombers/similar of one nation or another, and are given various missions to complete while trying to keep losses to a minimum. Fuel, and complex damage system included

Armored Core RTD - Self Explanatory

Final Fantasy RTD - Each player creates a character, and that character is born into the corrupted, and vile world of Eldara. This world is the place where the Eidlions are chosen, and made, and its the players task to become one.

Phantom Brave RTD - The players are Chroma who take on various missions using the souls of those they have contracted to do combat.

Commando RTD - Each player takes the role of an infantry soldier fighting to change the tide of a war against the endless tide of an alien race seeking to make humans their slaves, and food source.

Space Marine RTD - Each player takes on the role of one of the legendary Space Marine, at the start these Space Marines awke to find themselves trapped in the warp, and they must fight their way out to bring an artifact to the God Emperor that will change the tide of the war against the Tyranid.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Start any and I'm joining. No ultrasmurfs please. The Astartes deserve better.

Note: Discussing after I finish rolling my RtDs.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:02:44 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

I'll be in for FF and Space Marine.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

What's Armored Core RTD about? It's not self explanatory to me.

I thought up a way to
  • complicated ship system. Flying and or swimming(?) ships.

Maybe I'll elaborate on it after the character sheet helper (in Excel) is finished. It's as easy as the US tax form 1040EZ, which is saying a lot :3

No complicated going ups and downs~

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's Armored Core RTD about? It's not self explanatory to me.
Armored Core is a giant mecha game, which in its last incarnation features "smaller" mechas. In Armored Core, the mechas are more on the nimble side than on the giant, skycraper-sized monstrosity.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Working on the Space Marine RTD.

Code: (Planned Stuff) [Select]
Complex Organization/Class System allowing a wide variety of character customization choices.
7 Base Stats (Strength, Constitution, Luck, Charisma, Intelligence, Willpower), and one Stat specifically for the Adeptus Astra (Psyche)
A Complex Sanity System
A Complex Companion System, includes the obvious meatshields
A Unique, and Branching Psychic Powers Tree(?)
Realistic Damage System, including bleeding, and limb loss
Ship to Ship Combat, Boarding Included
A Player Base that can be customized to your liking(The Emperor's Glory)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

SPEZZ MARIHN. In.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Me too. Are you using a specific chapter?
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Me too. Are you using a specific chapter?
Nope you can specify which chapter you are, and get varying bonuses for that chapter, the only catch is you have to play a chapter loyal to the Emperor
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 661