Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DF reference  (Read 5155 times)

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF reference
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 03:13:45 pm »

That was an indefinite 'you'.

Also, yes, people are that stupid. Although in all fairness high-fantasy is, generally speaking, copycatting disguised as a genre. What the fanboys get confused about is who is ripping off who.
Ah. Easy to get those mixed up in text form. :) Strictly speaking, though, fantasy shouldn't be a genre at all. Narrative genres are grouped by the emotions they are meant to invoke (drama, comedy, etc.) Fantasy is just a setting. One that's been generic for the most part since Tolkien laid down the law last century.
Works can have multiple genres though. A good example is video games that usually have three distinct, separate genres for narrative, setting and gameplay. I agree fantasy normally refers to the setting, but it's still a genre. I guess the narrative counterpart would be surrealism.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

Symmetry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 06:00:22 pm »

But.. All dwarves are Scottish.  :o

They're jewish!

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 06:45:16 pm »

Scottish
jewish!

Clearly, they are Scottish Jews. Who are also Vikings. From Russia.

Judeo-Scóđinnoviches, if you will.
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 06:59:10 pm »

Actually, anyone who knew anything about dwarves would know that they're Welsh. But it appears the non-British are incapable of distinguishing between the various Gaelic/Celtic accents at a glance, so they've defaulted to being Scots.

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2011, 07:13:46 pm »

Actually, anyone who knew anything about dwarves would know that they're Welsh. But it appears the non-British are incapable of distinguishing between the various Gaelic/Celtic accents at a glance, so they've defaulted to being Scots.

I always assumed dwarves were Nordic, and just used a Scottish accent since nobody knows what a Norwegian accent sounds like.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2011, 10:28:33 pm »

I always assumed dwarves were Nordic, and just used a Scottish accent since nobody knows what a Norwegian accent sounds like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OfsABOGw3c
O RLY?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.
Pages: 1 [2]