Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348502 times)

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #1965 on: March 15, 2012, 01:13:28 pm »

Im working on the last touches on Fanon is Magic 1.1 Going to post it in a new thread to avoid cluttering Nido's thread too much, the haters will just have to deal with there being three MLP mods on here XD

Applebucking is finally working pleasantly enough. It is quite time intensive compared to normal farming, and im not quiiiite done tweaking the numbers, but these are apples we're talking about here! APPLES!

I also have the groundwork of the research system in place, which can be subsequently expanded with different buildings and reactions, I have some pretty extensive plans for this.

Since the default FiM mod didn't have a perma-war enemy, I added some options that can be installed if you prefer to have siegers.
Options are currently either Blackclaw Griffons, or a mod  that transforms your civ into either the New Lunar Republic or the Solar Empire, and fight the other side.

Lastly, i am also including the stonesense sprites I've been working on. Going to see if its okay for me to bundle a dev version of DFhack.
If not, that might have to wait until they release the next version.

Im just fixing some last minute bugs, cleaning up my stray files, and finishing the readme/manual. Should be out by this weekend i reckon!

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 15, 2012, 04:13:49 pm »

I've had a vampire in my fort for several seasons now, but nopony died yet.
Possibly because the size of ponies makes death by exsanguination more difficult. If so, good.

FiveFives

• Bay Watcher
  • and their UFO Connection
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 15, 2012, 04:23:52 pm »

Sorry if this has been addressed, but can anyone tell me exactly what files I need to cut/tweak if all I want is the basic Pony Civ?

I like the idea of playing with a Pony civ but I personally find most of the other changes and additions to be undesirable.
Hoping someone can save me the time it would take to sort through all the mod's raws looking for just what I need.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 04:27:10 pm by FiveFives »

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 15, 2012, 04:29:21 pm »

New lunar republic ? solar empire? Where be this mod 'ye speak of? Or is it this one and I'm spending to much time on my vanilla fort?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 15, 2012, 04:37:05 pm »

Nah, they're in my personal fork of nido's mod, dubbed Fanon is Magic. 1.0 is a few pages back, 1.1 should be out soon

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 16, 2012, 06:53:29 am »

Looks like a teaser clip of "Dragon Quest" is up, as well as plenty of new episode screenshots.

Spoiler:  New episode pictures (click to show/hide)

Judging from the clip and the screenshots we've got, looks like we've got plenty of dragon lore / materials coming on ponyday!

Nido modgasm in five... four...

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 07:03:13 am by Zarhon »
Cupcakes: Because not everything is viable for home decor.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 16, 2012, 10:28:20 am »

It looks like you are jumping to immediately implement whatever things pop up in recent episode. I think it would be better to get the basic functionality working, like all the creatures for stonesense before clothes for ponies. I made an xml file to reuse graphics from trees as various ents, but there still aren't any sprites for parasprites and the like.

Personally I'd like an edition similar to basic DF, but with ponies, and not so many castes of nonponies, and other stuff. Diamond dog pony pegasai and honey badger pony pegasai are something pretty weird too.

Also this:
Sorry if this has been addressed, but can anyone tell me exactly what files I need to cut/tweak if all I want is the basic Pony Civ?

I like the idea of playing with a Pony civ but I personally find most of the other changes and additions to be undesirable.
Hoping someone can save me the time it would take to sort through all the mod's raws looking for just what I need.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 16, 2012, 10:57:52 am »

I believe Nidokoenig has stated he plans to release a cut down version of the mod at some point (maybe after it's been 34.x proofed).  It seems to be a popular request to have the non canon stuff cut down, although I've come to like most of the new things he's put into the game.

Not positive what was going to be in the basic version of the mod.  I think he was mostly consolidating things like the conjured wood types (and removing flier tags from flying ponies to keep them from being too stupid), but it might not be such a stretch to ask for a version without some of the other civs.

Actually, I think you can easily remove the other civilizations if you don't want them.  You'd just need to delete the entity files for them, I think.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 16, 2012, 11:18:25 am »

@Fivefives

A few pages back is my Fork of the mod, dubbed Fanon is Magic, it comes without most of the non-canon features like diomedan ponies, cave ponies and animalponies.
And to top it off, it's compatible with the latest version of DF.

Im also working on the next version of this mod, and it should be out imminently, I just need to work out some minor issues, clean up and finish the documentation.

Did some tweaking to the griffons appearance, i think they look pretty good now.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:29:20 pm by Sorcerer »

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: March 16, 2012, 01:12:51 pm »

If you absolutely only want ponies, you'll need the following files:

body_pony.txt
creature_pony.txt
Several descriptor files, just dump them all in
item_armor_pony.txt

You'll need to remove every reaction and building permission between [PERMITTED_REACTION:ADAMANTINE_WAFERS] and [WORLD_CONSTRUCTION:TUNNEL] since these are adding all the new stuff.

I'm working on making the main mod VD compliant and cleaning up some entity issues like biome permissions, gem cuts and so on. I'll try to release the next version within a week. That'll be the Traditional version, then I'll do the Simplified version immediately after, followed by a guide, then the Divided Realms and Ornate versions. About simplifying apple ents, what do people want done? As they are, just with a guide, using Sorceror's tree buildings, or as plain crops?

Surp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 16, 2012, 05:10:53 pm »

As promised, here are the rags as seen in the "hearts warming eve"-episode. Separated the hoods/hats from the cloaks, for the possibility to combine the different pieces. The last one is the lunar guard armor from the "luna eclipsed"-episode.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 16, 2012, 06:20:59 pm »

Ooh, looks nice, should definately be able to do something with those!

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 17, 2012, 08:34:54 am »

As promised, here are the rags as seen in the "hearts warming eve"-episode. Separated the hoods/hats from the cloaks, for the possibility to combine the different pieces. The last one is the lunar guard armor from the "luna eclipsed"-episode.

Are Umbrella hats next on the agenda?  :D

New episode edit:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 01:12:42 pm by Zarhon »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 17, 2012, 01:45:49 pm »

New episode
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Zarhon

• Bay Watcher
  • Bizzarehitect
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 17, 2012, 02:02:43 pm »

New episode

Sounds good to me.

There was a short "Hurricane Fluttershy" preview shortly after the episode.

It had a new pony model of note...

As well as some more display of Pegasus anatomy.

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 140