Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 140

Author Topic: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress  (Read 348480 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Mod: My Little Fortress
« Reply #390 on: September 12, 2011, 08:48:11 pm »

I chalk that up to the whole "nigh-immortal god-empress" thing.
Then why isn't she hooked up to failing life support?
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 12, 2011, 09:11:37 pm »

Wrong series.

Joey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 13, 2011, 10:06:25 am »

Really, some skilled writer should make a crossover between DF and MLP. Use a world generated with this mod to set up the storyline, there must be some interesting stories hidden in those legends!
Has there been a community/succession fort for this mod yet, if yes pl0x linkz.

Tryntu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 13, 2011, 01:19:34 pm »

Wrong series.

My Little Space Marine?

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 13, 2011, 05:08:10 pm »

Really, some skilled writer should make a crossover between DF and MLP. Use a world generated with this mod to set up the storyline, there must be some interesting stories hidden in those legends!
http://fim.413chan.net/oatmeal/res/4055.html haybeers didn't last long..

and I did have a dream where pinkie's familiy was livin' la vida dorfy.
 Her father was the broker, and had established the depot up top for the benefit of the traders.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Joey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 14, 2011, 08:44:29 am »

http://fim.413chan.net/oatmeal/res/4055.html haybeers didn't last long..

and I did have a dream where pinkie's familiy was livin' la vida dorfy.
 Her father was the broker, and had established the depot up top for the benefit of the traders.
Thanks, you made my day!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 16, 2011, 02:58:19 pm »

Is MLF not compatible with Mayday? Because I keep crashing when I hit Gen world  :(

And yes, Necro910 is downloading a pony mod. Read the "Who is Necro910?" thread to see the story leading up to this moment. [SHAMELESS_ADVERTISEMENT]

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 16, 2011, 03:46:34 pm »

[Ethics: shameless_self_promotion: personal matter]

I have started a community fort* for this mod. I mostly only have time to play on the weekends so updates will come slowly, however, I would enjoy having more avatar-ed ponies in the fort. I'll be leaving for my GURPS game in a short time but will try and have the next update out either late tonight or tomorrow. If any of you would be interested please go and read my terrible writings in the following link.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=93121.0

Again, I'm sorry for being a self-promoting asshole, feel free to hate me for it.

*Glitterglen is not a succession fort, but more of a interactive story telling fort. I'm not sure what the correct name for such, around here, is but community fort sounds right to me.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 16, 2011, 05:02:33 pm »

Community fort is the right name, yes.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 17, 2011, 01:09:42 am »

Is MLF not compatible with Mayday? Because I keep crashing when I hit Gen world  :(

And yes, Necro910 is downloading a pony mod. Read the "Who is Necro910?" thread to see the story leading up to this moment. [SHAMELESS_ADVERTISEMENT]

I've learnt to see the matrix, so I don't really use tilesets much, and I don't know how to begin troubleshooting for them, but what have you got appearing in your errorlog? There are some changes to various vanilla files, here's a quick list from the Tweaking and Modding doc:

c_variation_default.txt, creature_savage_tropical.txt, creature_standard.txt, creature_subterranean.txt, item_food.txt and tissue_template.txt are not required and merely substitute or remove vanilla content. plant_standard.txt is not required, but wood painting and conjuring will be crippled without the modified version.

The changes to c_variation_default.txt and the creature files are all adding [DOES_NOT_EXIST] to animal and mineral mens, since they're replaced by ponies, if Mayday makes changes to those that might be the problem. The item_food.txt change replaces all vanilla foods with new items, that might cause the crash if it's looking for specific IDs, so maybe par it down to three items and give them the same names as the vanilla items. Tissue_template.txt is just to add a healing rate to hooves, since having them never heal is a PITA, if Mayday requires its own changes there it's just one line of code to fix that. The changes to plant_standard.txt are to add various forms of conjured wood, so if Mayday requires its own changes blah blah blah, or it could be that it's shitting itself trying to work out how to represent logs of painted wood, since the painted varieties cover all 16 colours.

I really should pull my finger out and get a shuffle on getting the next update done. I've been a bit busy, not to mention I've been distracted by X-Com. Banana ents(and plantains and ensetes) are turning out to be slightly more Frankenstein than the regular wooden sheep, since they need to be shearable for leaves to make thread, and need edible corms and roots. Since bananas and such are just relatively short lived herbs rather than trees, I've been thinking I should implement a tissue colour change to show that they're nearing the end of their life and should be slaughtered, like having their leaves change from dark green to fern green. Has no basis in reality, it's just an arbitrary thing so people don't get screwed over. Thoughts?

KingStrongbeard, I love that the very first thing that happens in your fort is a Honey Badger Pegasus attack. I've changed them for the next update to be solitary like honey badgers, rather than run in packs like regular badgers and badger men ponies, but I'm starting to think I'm fixing something that ain't broke.

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 17, 2011, 01:42:59 am »

KingStrongbeard, I love that the very first thing that happens in your fort is a Honey Badger Pegasus attack. I've changed them for the next update to be solitary like honey badgers, rather than run in packs like regular badgers and badger men ponies, but I'm starting to think I'm fixing something that ain't broke.

I wouldn't actually worry about fixing them, much. The first time I saw any of them, they had just caught me by surprise, flew over my walls and killed some livestock, however, they aren't actually very dangerous to ponies due to the size of them. As you can see in the attack at the beginning of my community fort, a flock of them attacked my starting 7, and were all killed, by unarmed, unarmored, mostly entirely untrained, ponies, with no casualties, and only a few bruises. So I don't think you need to worry about them being to dangerous as they are now.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 17, 2011, 02:04:47 am »

I wouldn't actually worry about fixing them, much. The first time I saw any of them, they had just caught me by surprise, flew over my walls and killed some livestock, however, they aren't actually very dangerous to ponies due to the size of them. As you can see in the attack at the beginning of my community fort, a flock of them attacked my starting 7, and were all killed, by unarmed, unarmored, mostly entirely untrained, ponies, with no casualties, and only a few bruises. So I don't think you need to worry about them being to dangerous as they are now.

Exactly! The problem is they are not dangerous ENOUGH!

KingStrongbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • By Celestia's Beard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 17, 2011, 04:30:28 am »

Exactly! The problem is they are not dangerous ENOUGH!

Actually, yeah, that's true. However, I think most things aren't dangerous enough, because ponies are larger than dwarves, plus in my experience, it seems that being kicked by a hoof, in DF, is hell of damaging. Effectively meaning that that which would kill or seriously injure a dwarf in vanilla, is not very dangerous to a pony. I realize that Nidokoenig had his reasons for choosing the size value he did, but I think the next version would benefit with a reduction to the size of all playable civs, otherwise, Pony Fort just becomes easy mode. Well as close to easy mode as it get's with Dwarf Fortress.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 17, 2011, 08:49:35 am »

Don't reduce the size, just make everything else bigger and deadlier.

For example: Dinosaurs. Discords. That sort of stuff.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 17, 2011, 09:30:37 am »

What I think I might need to do is look at the size values. Honey badger pegasi are supposed to be half-pony and have hooves and the size to match. I'll do some testing and see if they're actually the size they're supposed to be. The other option I mentioned way back was including more magical creatures and hemi-semi-megabeasts that were credible threats that could pop up any time, things like cockatrices, smaller versions of the trojan ponies, elemental ponies on the surface like clay, sand, glass and terracotta ponies, and animal pony thief civs. I could also just do two separate versions, one with the current bizarro Kobold Camp values, and another with the sizes reduced to 20% of their current values.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 140