Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: It's Pathos  (Read 11633 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: It's Pathos
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2011, 02:36:44 pm »

This shit just follows me like a cape.
That is a mental image I will cherish forever.

I'll be in your heart forever. <3

You will be in mine, too.

Cherish might be the wrong word.

Maybe, unable to unsee?

Less my heart and more my esophagus.

You all suck, stop giving him the attention he wants.

Yeah... You have a good point.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2011, 02:44:56 pm »

I'm a bit confused here.
Judging by this thread (and just this thread), it seems that this version of Pathos is indeed not trolling, at least according to my definition of the word trolling.

Though Armok may be trolling. It's hard to tell with him. ;)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2011, 02:46:49 pm »

I don't know, the op here seems right on the edge.

Since this is pathos I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say yes, yes he is trolling.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2011, 02:53:08 pm »

I'm a bit confused here.
Judging by this thread (and just this thread), it seems that this version of Pathos is indeed not trolling, at least according to my definition of the word trolling.

Though Armok may be trolling. It's hard to tell with him. ;)
ARMOK IS ARMOK.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2011, 02:56:55 pm »

Armok is Spy.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2011, 02:59:37 pm »

Armok is Armok, the optimistic type who always hates it when something in the forum is lost.

Honestly, I don't remember much about Pathos at all. can someone remind me?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2011, 03:06:19 pm »

I don't know, the op here seems right on the edge.

Since this is pathos I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say yes, yes he is trolling.

He said a bunch of things considered uncouth, and non-specifically hurtful.

He was nasty, at times.

I don't remember Pathos ever saying anything that wasn't at the very least obnoxious, or having any real purpose to be here that wasn't trolling.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2011, 03:08:00 pm »

And because his posts were nasty enough to get deleted, he likes to ask people to (unsuccessfully) point out exactly where he was ever bad.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2011, 03:11:06 pm »

My bigest memory of him was the thought of 'yeah, I am going get banned for even reading this. I do not want to know what is going to happen to the people who wrote it.'

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2011, 03:15:36 pm »

There is literally no way to post that in this thread without giving him the attention he wants, but it's cool. We all know how this'll end.

Anyway, Pathos, uh-huh. Yeah. So, who here cares enough to want him back? Show of hands?

Oh, and well done on trying to get the ban removed by dodging the ban, claiming you don't blame Toady and then whining about what Toady did.
e: There is actually a really easy way to get around this and it's already been mentioned. Don't be so egotistical. Make a new account and don't call it something stupid like Pathos v2. Then don't tell anyone you're Pathos save your friends and don't do anything that gets you banned and hey presto! You're part of the forum again! If you really want to be back, take the blow to your pride and do that.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 03:19:44 pm by Jackrabbit »

Pathos v2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2011, 03:25:05 pm »

e: There is actually a really easy way to get around this and it's already been mentioned. Don't be so egotistical. Make a new account and don't call it something stupid like Pathos v2. Then don't tell anyone you're Pathos save your friends and don't do anything that gets you banned and hey presto! You're part of the forum again! If you really want to be back, take the blow to your pride and do that.

To me, personally, this sounds underhanded and bad. :(

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2011, 03:25:21 pm »

Did no one think that this individual might not actually be Pathos?

Seems like a pretty good trollus operandi, to me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2011, 03:26:37 pm »

There is literally no way to post that in this thread without giving him the attention he wants, but it's cool. We all know how this'll end.

Anyway, Pathos, uh-huh. Yeah. So, who here cares enough to want him back? Show of hands?

Oh, and well done on trying to get the ban removed by dodging the ban, claiming you don't blame Toady and then whining about what Toady did.

*lowers one backwards hand* Does -1 hands for your show of hands count?

I don't understand how that is not less underhanded than what you're doing now.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2011, 03:27:12 pm »

Riiiiight because flaunting the ban like this is good?

Pathos v2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2011, 03:28:18 pm »

I don't understand how that is not less underhanded than what you're doing now.

It might be dickish and irritating or something along those lines, but there's no way in hell you can call this underhanded.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7