Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: You have found..  (Read 145666 times)

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You have found..
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2011, 11:42:57 pm »

Next step, create a demi-god adventurer train him up a bit and unleash him on the fort with his 19 friends.

I would have no idea how to find it, or I'd go back on adventurer to check the place out.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2011, 11:44:46 pm »

Next step, create a demi-god adventurer train him up a bit and unleash him on the fort with his 19 friends.

I would have no idea how to find it, or I'd go back on adventurer to check the place out.

Start a new fort, reclaim, and get a screengrab of the reclaim screen. You'll get a general idea of the location. Then abort, start Adventurer mode, and spawn a new adventurer from a town close to your old fort.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2011, 12:47:40 am »

Okay, done that, moved aorund.. killed some lions and cheetah.

Yeah, I keep going where I think it might be, but I get ambushed by like 30 boogeymen on the way and mauled to death. >.>
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:10:26 am by SpiralDimentia »
Legacy of Insightshields

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2011, 01:15:55 am »

Don't travel at night. There's a display at the top of the fast-travel screen showing thepositions of the sun and moon. If you don't see the sun, it's a good idea to go to a town or castle, find a house/go to the keep, and ask an occupant/the lord or lady if you can spend the night.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Avin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2011, 01:22:38 am »

Oh god, you guys are dicks, I think I just unleashed a horde of demons into my base. >.>

This would've happened sooner but I had to chainsaw a few more random ambushes.

I love everyone of you who silently laughed to yourself while encouraging him to draw the sword

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2011, 01:32:07 am »

Don't travel at night. There's a display at the top of the fast-travel screen showing thepositions of the sun and moon. If you don't see the sun, it's a good idea to go to a town or castle, find a house/go to the keep, and ask an occupant/the lord or lady if you can spend the night.

But I don't see anything remotely near where my fortress might be. SO I'd have to stay in the wilderness.
Legacy of Insightshields

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2011, 01:35:46 am »

Also, I'm an elf since they were closest, since this is just sight seeing. However I started with a wood weapon.. found some warthogs and started a riot, but I only seem to be bruising them, not a whole lot of decapitation going on.
Legacy of Insightshields

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2011, 02:35:42 am »

Also, I'm an elf since they were closest, since this is just sight seeing. However I started with a wood weapon.. found some warthogs and started a riot, but I only seem to be bruising them, not a whole lot of decapitation going on.

Elves and Dwarves are bit problematic, since they currently start from (seemingly random) Human civilization. I recently genned a medium island world, started Elf adventurer from the extreme north and ended up starting from Human civ at extreme south. So Humans are safer bet if you want to start from some exact location.

If you start as Elf regardless, it's a good idea to head to nearest town (marked as "+" on map) and sell some of your clothes for copper weapon.

Bogeymen won't attack you at night if you have as much as single henchman with you, or if you are very, very far from any civilization. Random monsters and amushers, and hostile animals if you aren't an elf, will still attack you though.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:42:39 am by Dwarfoloid »

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2011, 02:46:18 am »

well I found a copper breastplate, but apparently I switched it with my shield sinc eit won't let me wear it, and I'm currently being assaulted by like 5 boogeymen.
Legacy of Insightshields

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2011, 07:54:39 am »

The "Play Now!" option when making an adventurer just after you come out of fortress mode starts you as a human peasant at the doorsteps of your fortress. Of course, you'd be killed instantly so in your case, you'll need to gather some allies to travel. You can sleep outdoors at night if you have a large-ish party. Mind, you also are likely to get ambushed when you have a large-ish party.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2011, 01:15:09 pm »

Dwarf adventurer is best, even if you get stuck at a random location. Bogeyman: the other training target :)

Just run around the bogeyman until your dwarf enters a trance, then lay into them.
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2011, 01:53:17 pm »

Oh god, you guys are dicks, I think I just unleashed a horde of demons into my base. >.>

This would've happened sooner but I had to chainsaw a few more random ambushes.

Oh my god I was late to this party but I love everybody who managed to keep it from this guy.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2011, 03:15:02 pm »

The "Play Now!" option when making an adventurer just after you come out of fortress mode starts you as a human peasant at the doorsteps of your fortress. Of course, you'd be killed instantly so in your case, you'll need to gather some allies to travel. You can sleep outdoors at night if you have a large-ish party. Mind, you also are likely to get ambushed when you have a large-ish party.

I didn't see a play now option. o.O
Legacy of Insightshields

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2011, 05:28:53 pm »

I applaud all who goaded SpiralDimentia into retrieving the sword without spilling the beans.

I stand and applaud at SpiralDimentia for taking it with such huge good nature that any rightly dwarf would look at and go "Hrm, I could build a fort in that."

This is an artifact thread.  All craftsmanship is of highest quality.  On the thread is a picture of SpiralDimentia and dwarves in adamantine.  SpiralDimentia is looking bewildered.  The dwarves are laughing.  This artwork relates to the tricking of SpiralDimentia into pulling out the cotton candy sword in the year 1011.  On the thread is a picture of SpiralDimentia and demons in demon bone.  SpiralDimentia is laughing.  The demons are cowering.  This artwork relates to the bloody carnage of the overpowering of the fortress of Dragonwork in 1011.  On the thread is a picture of SpiralDimentia and a keyboard in wood opal and graphite.  SpiralDimentia is raising the keyboard triumphantly.  The thread menaces with spikes of epic and is decorated with hanging rings of awesome.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2011, 06:38:03 pm »

I applaud all who goaded SpiralDimentia into retrieving the sword without spilling the beans.

I stand and applaud at SpiralDimentia for taking it with such huge good nature that any rightly dwarf would look at and go "Hrm, I could build a fort in that."

This is an artifact thread.  All craftsmanship is of highest quality.  On the thread is a picture of SpiralDimentia and dwarves in adamantine.  SpiralDimentia is looking bewildered.  The dwarves are laughing.  This artwork relates to the tricking of SpiralDimentia into pulling out the cotton candy sword in the year 1011.  On the thread is a picture of SpiralDimentia and demons in demon bone.  SpiralDimentia is laughing.  The demons are cowering.  This artwork relates to the bloody carnage of the overpowering of the fortress of Dragonwork in 1011.  On the thread is a picture of SpiralDimentia and a keyboard in wood opal and graphite.  SpiralDimentia is raising the keyboard triumphantly.  The thread menaces with spikes of epic and is decorated with hanging rings of awesome.

Best post ever.
Legacy of Insightshields
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18