Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 71952 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [2/6, 1/3], DAY 4: LYLO, Lie oh!
« Reply #465 on: April 22, 2011, 04:36:10 pm »

Do we really have to extend this through the weekend?

Oh well, Extend it is.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 22, 2011, 04:47:02 pm »

Umm.... Mate. I think it already ended.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 22, 2011, 04:49:31 pm »

There are no hammers and the deadline isn't quite up yet, so I don't believe so.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #468 on: April 22, 2011, 04:50:14 pm »

Doesn't actually end for another 10 minutes or so, not including the extension.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 22, 2011, 05:00:12 pm »

God damn you guys, was about to end the day too. I'm going to disobey the weekend rule, partly because I think Monday's a bit too far even for LYLO. If you've got any objections feel free to raise them.

The camp's red light begins to flicker as it sputters, almost dead. The animals begin to come out, and debate, on its last legs, begins broaching the subject of death.

Votecount:
webadict - 1 - CrownofFire
Orangebottle - 0 -
CrownofFire - 2 - webadict, Orangebottle

Not Voting - 0 -
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 2 - CrownofFire, webadict
Shorten  - 0 -

The Day has been extended to Sunday, 8PM GMT.

You need 2 to Shorten.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:02:13 pm by lordnincompoop »

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 22, 2011, 06:07:58 pm »

Scum needs shields because there's only 2 of them versus 7 Town. You don't need a shield if you're in the majority. As Town, it doesn't matter whether you specifically are alive or dead. Scum need shields because they're the minority.

Cops are a huge advantage to the Town. Couple that with being an extremely experienced player and an IC NK pattern, and of course he needs a shield.
It may be a definable pattern, but if you're the scum, then you're not "following" a pattern, you're making it. And I do realize that you never had an inspection in the first place, that was what I was getting at.

Also, it doesn't matter which specific Town player is alive. If Heliman dies, no big loss. If you die, you're an IC and can still give advice.

Heliman was one of our better players. Were he here instead of me, this day would probably be over already.

Urgh. This day is too long. You've had enough time to try and make a strong case against either myself or Web, and have only managed to flail about uselessly and convince neither of us.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [2/6, 1/3], DAY 4: Loudly into the night
« Reply #471 on: April 22, 2011, 06:49:22 pm »

Scum needs shields because there's only 2 of them versus 7 Town. You don't need a shield if you're in the majority. As Town, it doesn't matter whether you specifically are alive or dead. Scum need shields because they're the minority.

Cops are a huge advantage to the Town. Couple that with being an extremely experienced player and an IC NK pattern, and of course he needs a shield.
It may be a definable pattern, but if you're the scum, then you're not "following" a pattern, you're making it. And I do realize that you never had an inspection in the first place, that was what I was getting at.

Also, it doesn't matter which specific Town player is alive. If Heliman dies, no big loss. If you die, you're an IC and can still give advice.

Heliman was one of our better players. Were he here instead of me, this day would probably be over already.

Urgh. This day is too long. You've had enough time to try and make a strong case against either myself or Web, and have only managed to flail about uselessly and convince neither of us.
You should probably stop defending me. I am quite capable of defending myself. Especially at lylo.

And I will, but right now I've got car issues, with a dead battery and what-not, so I'm going to be back in a bit. No need to stress over all these things.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 22, 2011, 11:29:46 pm »

You should probably stop defending me. I am quite capable of defending myself. Especially at lylo.

Sorry, I got a little carried away. Blame LNCP.
My Sig

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #473 on: April 23, 2011, 11:40:14 am »

A shield still seems suspicious. The reasons for a scum needing a shield is larger than the reasons for a Cop needing a shield. And because webadict did the whole Heliman thing, then people would probably assume he was dropping hints. Why don't you stop trying to get all friendly with webadict? You haven't really said why you're voting me other than "reasons from yesterday" and that I haven't convinced you yet of webadict. But that doesn't work when you outright refuse to look at him, and even DEFEND him.

If Heliman was here, then webadict probably wouldn't be. Trading a person that's probably the best person in here for someone else that's definitely not is not that great. If Heliman was here in place of you, then I don't know. There's no telling what would happen, really.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 23, 2011, 12:55:18 pm »

A shield still seems suspicious. The reasons for a scum needing a shield is larger than the reasons for a Cop needing a shield. And because webadict did the whole Heliman thing, then people would probably assume he was dropping hints. Why don't you stop trying to get all friendly with webadict? You haven't really said why you're voting me other than "reasons from yesterday" and that I haven't convinced you yet of webadict. But that doesn't work when you outright refuse to look at him, and even DEFEND him.
Okay. I'm going to call you out on your bullshit right here. I did a long post summarizing my cases against each of you, and I have clearly stated in that post that I have a more solid case against you, as well as my suspicions of you being scum on the previous day.
My Sig

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #475 on: April 23, 2011, 03:43:09 pm »

Okay. I'm going to call you out on your bullshit right here. I did a long post summarizing my cases against each of you, and I have clearly stated in that post that I have a more solid case against you, as well as my suspicions of you being scum on the previous day.
Right, you mean the post where half the points are complete bullshit, and the other half aren't really good either.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 24, 2011, 12:20:54 am »

I'ma have to extend. Again. I'm sorry I'm extending so much, but I got my car fixed (Yay!) and then drove home for Easter and festivities and what-nots, so I won't be able to post tomorrow, but I might get something up tonight. But, unfortunately, I've also got to update BYOR and KotM, so we'll see if I get any of those done.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 24, 2011, 02:27:23 pm »

Day 4 Has Ended!
CrownofFire has been Lynched!
He was Town.

The Mafia has Won!

Votecount:
webadict - 1 - CrownofFire
Orangebottle - 0 -
CrownofFire - 2 - webadict, Orangebottle

Not Voting - 0 -
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 1 - webadict
Shorten  - 0 -

With 1 for extend out of 2, the day will end as normal and CrownofFire will be lynched.

The night, begun. The fire, dead. A lynch, chosen.

The CrownofFire backed away into the sand and the pitch-black sea beyond, fielded by the two people that, a day ago, had been his companions throughout the ordeal. Today, they had been his enemies. Now, they were to be his executioners.

The Cosca had never been particularly nice to any of them. They were broken shells, little but weapons, and when they got trapped on this island and the spark was set off, they exploded like gasoline. They were amnesiacs, but it didn't matter. They would always have been murderers, hitmen for the mafia. Nothing could change that, not even hypnosis, not a decade or even a lifetime of gardening or meditation or a normal life.

The Crown, thinking this over, decided that did want a better life now, away from his past and his ghosts. But that wasn't possible, this far from civilisation, on a dead island with two other psychotics turning against him. And he'd get found out, anyhow. The family would discover him somehow, try to drag him back or put a bullet in his head, or the police would try to do so first. Or he'd bring himself in, somehow. Maybe he'd get talked down to and he'd reply with a punch, or a fistfight would turn into a knifing. Maybe he'd just plain go out and kill someone because of the urge.

He tried to settle things here, and he'd have tried his best to live over there. But he was still a murderer and he murdered the other six, and he'd murder again.

Sometimes your best wasn't good enough.

And these other two. Once he was gone, they'd turn on each other. Maybe they'd both die in the fight or one would emerge victorious - for what? They were stuck on this island anyway with no way out, and Breadbocks might not have been an agent after all. For all they knew he was carrying junk and toys, and they were just gullible. Then the survivor would starve to death or go insane.

A fitting end, then.

"Okay, fine. Kill me, the both of you; just do so quickly."

The pair nodded, and turned toward each other.

"Shall I, or will you?" said Webadict.

"Let me."

Orangebottle stepped forward, brandishing his pointed stick. He held the Crown by the shoulder and thrust it into his stomach, then turned it and lifted it into his chest. As it punctured his heart, his skin turned pale and his pupils dilated. Leaning in close, Orangebottle whispered something about his mother into his ear, and his face turned into a grimace, a half-frown whilst looking into the sky, and fell over. The stick was removed and blood pulsed into the beach, turning the sand brown. The CrownofFire lay in the wet mud and saw the basket, toppled on the floor, and the child, staring and frowning.

"Well, Webby, he's dead. Now let's search the body and find that radio."

"No need."

Webadict bent down and grabbed the stick.

"Eh, what do ya mean we don't need to search the body, Web?"

"Because I say so, scum."

Webadict turned around, stick in full swing, shoving it straight into Orangebottle's eye and through the eye socket. As the foreign mass wreaked havoc in his brain his mind's eye drifted into the past.

The criminology class, at the party. He looked and walked around, surrounded by his classmates, patting him in the back and congratulating him on a job well done. But Webadict, he wasn't there. No, of course he wasn't.

And, as the world brightened around him and his grip started to fade, he saw his parents beside him, smiling. He reached out toward them, longing for their touch once more, to feel love again. But they drifted away as he did so, and calling out, he tried to rise up but could not muster the will. They drifted out of sight, and he died.

Webadict looked on with a mixture of pity and disdain as the dying man lay next to his friend, arm lifted and whimpering for his parents. He walked away and sat down on the cold stone next to the empty camp, and took out the radio.

"Webadict to HQ. Webadict to HQ. Requesting premature pickup."

"HQ to Webadict. Amnesiacs secured?"

"Mission is a failure. Requesting pickup."

"Roger that. Pickup by heli, ETA 5 hours."

"Roger."

EPILOGUE

The amnesiacs had no family, so all that was left was Breadbocks.

Webadict, washed and provided with a change of clothes, rang on the bell. It was nice up here, though slightly chilly, and he liked the neat rows of houses. It was all shades of grey to him now; he found nothing interesting anymore.

But it was quiet, uneventful, and there were few people around. Maybe he’ll just get transferred here, and while away the days like them just drinking cola and taking down dumb spammers. After that, he might just retire, begin forgetting, and live blissfully remembering little of the past and expecting little of the future.
The door was opened and was greeted by a young lady, bright and curious. "Men hej, är du inte Anders vän? Kom in!"

He walked in, was shown the sofa and sat. Some biscuits and juice was brought out.

"Kommer min Anders - Brödabocken, var det - tillbaka snart? Han sa att han skulle komma hit inom veckan."

The envelope was placed on the table, and she began opening, and reading it, eyes widening for every line she covered.

"I'm sorry, but your husband isn't coming back. He… He was a hero, and will be remembered by us all. He died bravely."

She sobbed on his shoulder, and looking out of the window, he almost saw them.

CrownofFire has been lynched. He was Town.
Orangebottle has been killed. He was Town.
webadict has survived. He was a Secret Agent (Mafia).

Postgame has begun!
Now is the time to discuss your performances, that of the ICs and Mod, the setup and flavour! This is an important bit of the game, so be sure to stick around!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 24, 2011, 02:28:10 pm »

Scumchat: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/vvYswX7G8tJdS

Deadchat: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/ssnaT6wGMvp

Role PMs:

Spoiler: Mafia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Town (click to show/hide)

Night 1:

Spoiler: (Mafia) webadict (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: (Mafia) breadbocks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: (Nightkill) Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: (Town) Everyone Else (click to show/hide)

Night 2:

Spoiler: (Town) Everyone Else (click to show/hide)

Night 3:

Spoiler: (Town) Orangebottle (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: (Town) CrownofFire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: (Town) Heliman (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 02:53:24 pm by lordnincompoop »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!
« Reply #479 on: April 24, 2011, 02:36:59 pm »

HAH!  I knew it was Webby :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 36