Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 71961 times)

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [2/6, 1/3], DAY 4: LYLO, Lie oh!
« Reply #450 on: April 20, 2011, 11:17:26 pm »

I picked Crown because he was my second choice for scum (After King), and I figured King would get lynched, but if I found the other scum, then woohoo. And last Night there was really only one other person to pick, and really I was hoping that my claiming of Heliman being Town would sort of make Heliman a target. More of my shield than anything else. Plus, I already knew he was Town.
Webadict. What are you saying here?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #451 on: April 21, 2011, 02:10:14 am »

Um. I know I'm dead, but this is getting annoying. Totally a guy here. No idea where you guys are getting she from. Gonna go back to rotting now.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 21, 2011, 07:52:26 am »

I picked Crown because he was my second choice for scum (After King), and I figured King would get lynched, but if I found the other scum, then woohoo. And last Night there was really only one other person to pick, and really I was hoping that my claiming of Heliman being Town would sort of make Heliman a target. More of my shield than anything else. Plus, I already knew he was Town.
Webadict. What are you saying here?
For the NK instead of me. If I kept claiming he was Town, he would either: a) Be confirmed Town when I died, or b) Be killed by the NK. If both Toaster and Jim were killed, I was obviously next. So, I used him as a confirmed Town shield. There was really no losing for me unless you all kept being stupid and didn't listen. Which is why I was hoping more for the b option, which gave me another inspection, specifically the one on the only other remaining uninspected player with the hope that it would turn up Mafia.

And I realize I missed this post. It is lacking some pretty obvious answers.
In your first post as an IC, you say that you're suspicious of Crown. What happened to that? You also admit to cheating. Town has no reason to cheat.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80018.msg2148710#msg2148710
I inspected him Night 2 and got Town. I figured it was more likely to be true.

And the cheating refers to outside knowledge of Heliman being town. The OBVIOUS knowledge. Where you seem to get that Town can't cheat is beyond me, especially since scum would be equally unable to cheat. I just happened to have knowledge I shouldn't've.

Then you say that,'If you were scum', you would kill Heliman. This could, of course, be CoF trying to wifom me into voting for you.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80018.msg2154237#msg2154237
Hey, if I were scum, I would've killed Heliman, but I probably wouldn't've pushed his being Town so hard. Maybe. I dunno. There's really nothing I can say to defend against WIFOM except more WIFOM.

And here you...didn't want to be an IC? But you were acting like one when you weren't even playing! This is just off. Why would you join a BM as an IC if you didn't want to be an IC?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80018.msg2179435#msg2179435
When I'm not playing, I didn't have a personal stake in the game. It wasn't about me winning or losing: it was just me telling you guys what was what. And I joined because it's really difficult to find replacements. Usually.

Here you answer a question about the previous post. Except it still doesn't make any sense. The only thing you have to do that's different from the other ICs is scumhunt.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80018.msg2179928#msg2179928
I'm not sure what you're asking.

'There is no reason NOT to trust me.' AUGH WHAT. This is Mafia. You never trust ANYBODY unless they are confirmed town. Not even an IC.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80018.msg2192790#msg2192790
You're missing something obvious at that stage: There is one remaining scum. That means either I'm Town and my opinion on Heliman is valid, or I'm scum and Heliman HAS to be Town. There is more to the game than simply scumhunting.

'There's no need to defend my actions' but you do anyway. What? Simmura didn't even ask you a question in the post you quoted.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80018.msg2199333#msg2199333
I don't even remember that, so I'm not sure what I'm defending, plus I have to go.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 21, 2011, 11:44:23 am »

Here you answer a question about the previous post. Except it still doesn't make any sense. The only thing you have to do that's different from the other ICs is scumhunt.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=80018.msg2179928#msg2179928
I'm not sure what you're asking.
You answered it earlier in your post.
My Sig

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #454 on: April 21, 2011, 03:26:22 pm »

Extend this bullshit please. Oh, and Unvote. I doubt my post is going to do much unless that extension gets through. LNCP, if you're reading this, make sure that Orangebottle AND webadict have been online since this post (scum wouldn't want to extend, so make sure BOTH of them have been online). It'd be nice if you at least gave them a chance to extend after reading this.

Jim:His first target(you) was picked by his predecessor. As for Crown and I, I believe I already understand why. But just to be sure...

Webadict: Why did you pick myself and Crown?
Well, I had a chance to change Jim, but I didn't. I figured the IC scan was more useful than normal.

In spite of OrangeBottle's arguments, CrownofFire is the scum. Crown intends on buddying both the remaining players while simultaneously trying to shift Orange's gaze to me. He seems to take my claim at face value, while Orange is suspicious of both players, something that any player should be.

Orange isn't making a great attack, but he's actually trying to make one. The Too Townie argument is stupid, though.

Crown OMGUSes almost immediately, almost ignoring me with a small comment, but also taking the Cop claim as 100% true, meaning he knows I'm not lying, and therefore scum. He makes passive attacks about me and attempts to buddy his attacker in the same line ("Unless we both decide webadict's scum"). He makes no real attempt to scumhunt me, and is trying to not provoke me in any manner, either to make sure I don't become emotionally charged to attack him or in the hopes that Orange has a change of heart.

Crown tries to use Jim's advice as reasoning, and then as a kicker, is spending more effort defending himself than attacking, something he accused Simmura of doing as he voted her yesterday.

Also, Orange, please stop answering in orange. I would so much rather you just quote the whole thing and answer it outside the quote, as reading it on my phone is incredibly difficult (No font coloring).
Buddying both of you? I'm simply saying that we're against each other unless you're the scum. In no way do I see any kind of buddying there. That's just plain bullshit.

I'm not taking the Cop claim as true, I'm ignoring it because it's completely useless whether or not it's true. At that point, you weren't showing huge signs of being scum, so I was going to wait for you to post something else. But then you didn't, and I had to leave, so I wasn't given the chance. At the moment, you weren't showing much of any alignment either way to me. Something I was wary of, but I'd rather go after the scum-vibe instead of the zero-vibe. I honestly suck at 3-person LYLO, really.

Honestly, I'm beginning to suspect you more than Orangebottle. Never gave me a great vibe, but now it just seems that Orangebottle is seeming scum to me more because of inexperience than anything else. Yes, his reasons are bullshit, but at least he acknowledges them being bullshit. I have been focusing too much on him. So you know what webadict? Explain to me why anybody would need a "shield". Town doesn't need a shield, Town needs to find scum. We win together, while scum only wins on their own. It's much more vital to scum to protect themselves than Town. You really have no reason to protect yourself other than your own confidence in your scumhunting. But that doesn't matter if you haven't really helped scumhunt. It appears to me like throughout the game you've been acting more like an IC than a player. That's fine, but you don't need to be alive to be an IC, now do you?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 21, 2011, 03:51:16 pm »

Extend. I'm interested in hearing your arguments.

Extend this bullshit please. Oh, and Unvote. I doubt my post is going to do much unless that extension gets through. LNCP, if you're reading this, make sure that Orangebottle AND webadict have been online since this post (scum wouldn't want to extend, so make sure BOTH of them have been online). It'd be nice if you at least gave them a chance to extend after reading this.
Are...are you trying to clear yourself with WIFOM?

Yes, his reasons are bullshit, but at least he acknowledges them being bullshit. I have been focusing too much on him. So you know what webadict? Explain to me why anybody would need a "shield". Town doesn't need a shield, Town needs to find scum.
1) One of my arguments is bullshit. The rest are perfectly valid.
2) He explains his reason for wanting a shield in the post right before yours. Can you read? Here. I'll quote it for you in big letters.

If I kept claiming he was Town, he would either: a) Be confirmed Town when I died, or b) Be killed by the NK. If both Toaster and Jim were killed, I was obviously next. So, I used him as a confirmed Town shield. There was really no losing for me unless you all kept being stupid and didn't listen. Which is why I was hoping more for the b option, which gave me another inspection, specifically the one on the only other remaining uninspected player with the hope that it would turn up Mafia.
My Sig

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 21, 2011, 04:39:40 pm »

The fire crackles wildly as the CrownofFire begins to be drawn in. They were playing rough now, all-in; this was the last day to do so, and why shouldn't they? They were lucid now.
The sun is but a sliver in the horizon, glowing red and lighting the sea ever so slightly.

Votecount:
webadict - 1 - CrownofFire
Orangebottle - 0 -
CrownofFire - 2 - webadict, Orangebottle

Not Voting - 0 -
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 2 - Orangebottle, CrownofFire
Shorten  - 0 -

The Day has been extended to Friday, 11PM GMT.

You need 2 to Extend and 2 to Shorten.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #457 on: April 21, 2011, 05:02:52 pm »

Not really, it was basically to make sure I'm not lynched because of timezones. I don't want to die because I actually sleep sometimes. I worded it kind of weird. Basically the scum wouldn't really want to extend when a Town player is about to be lynched.

Yes, his reasons are bullshit, but at least he acknowledges them being bullshit. I have been focusing too much on him. So you know what webadict? Explain to me why anybody would need a "shield". Town doesn't need a shield, Town needs to find scum.
2) He explains his reason for wanting a shield in the post right before yours. Can you read? Here. I'll quote it for you in big letters.

If I kept claiming he was Town, he would either: a) Be confirmed Town when I died, or b) Be killed by the NK. If both Toaster and Jim were killed, I was obviously next. So, I used him as a confirmed Town shield. There was really no losing for me unless you all kept being stupid and didn't listen. Which is why I was hoping more for the b option, which gave me another inspection, specifically the one on the only other remaining uninspected player with the hope that it would turn up Mafia.
1) You had several earlier that were bullshit as well, and you admitted to a few of them.
2) First of all, Heliman would be confirmed Town when webadict died because he would be scum and therefore Town would win. Oh, and that's kind of WIFOM-y to say that the scum would continue killing ICs, right? Also, if webadict is scum then he wouldn't get another inspection anyway.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 21, 2011, 06:09:12 pm »

Not really, it was basically to make sure I'm not lynched because of timezones. I don't want to die because I actually sleep sometimes. I worded it kind of weird. Basically the scum wouldn't really want to extend when a Town player is about to be lynched.
Except we both think that you're scum.

1) You had several earlier that were bullshit as well, and you admitted to a few of them.
2) First of all, Heliman would be confirmed Town when webadict died because he would be scum and therefore Town would win. Oh, and that's kind of WIFOM-y to say that the scum would continue killing ICs, right? Also, if webadict is scum then he wouldn't get another inspection anyway.
1) Some of my reasons are always bad reasons. Not every argument is flawlessly thought through.
2)No. As I said in my case against him earlier in this day, Webadict knew that Heliman was town, even though it was somewhat cheat-y. And he proved accurate. At this point neither of us have much reason to think that Webadict is scum. The chain of IC kills was forming an obvious pattern. And scum wouldn't have an inspection in the first place(in this setup) because scumcop isn't possible.

I am not convinced.

My Sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 21, 2011, 06:43:53 pm »

Ah, excellent. I shall post after work is done.

Feel free to leave me any questions before then. I should be off in a couple of hours.

I shall even leave you another Extend, since I'm sure I might miss your response tomorrow, and I think things just started getting good.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 21, 2011, 08:26:13 pm »

Point to remember:  A common scum tactic is to label someone as "clearly town."  Since they know who is and isn't town, they can do that and know they're right.  When that person dies and flips, it gives them credibility.  Just because A is right about B being town doesn't make A any more or less town.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 21, 2011, 11:06:48 pm »

Hahaha. You're so funny. If you want to make an argument, feel free to extend forever. It won't make you any less scum. Your argument has changed from let's vote the guy who votes me to let's vote the guy who votes me. Obviously, you don't really understand what it takes for someone to be scum. Of course, seeing as how I've just given you an extension, I am clearly not scum. That MUST mean no one is scum! Woah!

Jim:His first target(you) was picked by his predecessor. As for Crown and I, I believe I already understand why. But just to be sure...

Well, I had a chance to change Jim, but I didn't. I figured the IC scan was more useful than normal.

In spite of OrangeBottle's arguments, CrownofFire is the scum. Crown intends on buddying both the remaining players while simultaneously trying to shift Orange's gaze to me. He seems to take my claim at face value, while Orange is suspicious of both players, something that any player should be.

Orange isn't making a great attack, but he's actually trying to make one. The Too Townie argument is stupid, though.

Crown OMGUSes almost immediately, almost ignoring me with a small comment, but also taking the Cop claim as 100% true, meaning he knows I'm not lying, and therefore scum. He makes passive attacks about me and attempts to buddy his attacker in the same line ("Unless we both decide webadict's scum"). He makes no real attempt to scumhunt me, and is trying to not provoke me in any manner, either to make sure I don't become emotionally charged to attack him or in the hopes that Orange has a change of heart.

Crown tries to use Jim's advice as reasoning, and then as a kicker, is spending more effort defending himself than attacking, something he accused Simmura of doing as he voted her yesterday.

Also, Orange, please stop answering in orange. I would so much rather you just quote the whole thing and answer it outside the quote, as reading it on my phone is incredibly difficult (No font coloring).
Buddying both of you? I'm simply saying that we're against each other unless you're the scum. In no way do I see any kind of buddying there. That's just plain bullshit.
Right, but your smileys and attitude show you as trying to appear friendly. You're lessening the severity of your vote, because you don't really want Orange to be against you. I mean, if you actually thought Orange was scum at any point, you wouldn't IMMEDIATELY drop your vote to vote for the guy that will no longer vote with you. So, you're switching your tactic to get Orange to vote with you. Hope that buddy buddy works for ya.

I'm not taking the Cop claim as true, I'm ignoring it because it's completely useless whether or not it's true. At that point, you weren't showing huge signs of being scum, so I was going to wait for you to post something else. But then you didn't, and I had to leave, so I wasn't given the chance. At the moment, you weren't showing much of any alignment either way to me. Something I was wary of, but I'd rather go after the scum-vibe instead of the zero-vibe. I honestly suck at 3-person LYLO, really.
No. You say, "Cop claim with only Town? Ah shucks!" You're trying to play both sides of the field, and now you're trying to backtrack. I'd also like to point that you have no vibe against me until I vote for you, and then it's a whole 'nother story.

Honestly, I'm beginning to suspect you more than Orangebottle. Never gave me a great vibe, but now it just seems that Orangebottle is seeming scum to me more because of inexperience than anything else. Yes, his reasons are bullshit, but at least he acknowledges them being bullshit. I have been focusing too much on him. So you know what webadict? Explain to me why anybody would need a "shield". Town doesn't need a shield, Town needs to find scum. We win together, while scum only wins on their own. It's much more vital to scum to protect themselves than Town. You really have no reason to protect yourself other than your own confidence in your scumhunting. But that doesn't matter if you haven't really helped scumhunt. It appears to me like throughout the game you've been acting more like an IC than a player. That's fine, but you don't need to be alive to be an IC, now do you?
Really? I never would've thought that, what with you voting me. I actually still don't believe you, but that's because your blatant OMGUS and lack of any reasoning is probably best beaten by "Hey look! He said the word shield!"

I am finding scum, and I was trying to abuse the system. You know who doesn't need a shield? Scum. Because they're the ones killing. So, really, what you want to prove is that I WASN'T using Heliman as a shield. I had one person other than Heliman to scan, and I was pretty sure that it would turn up Mafia. I can use my role and my knowledge in such a way, since there wasn't any loss, no matter who died. Unless it was Orange.

That's about the worst try I've yet to see. I realize it's WIFOM, but it was perfectly logical, since there is a DEFINABLE PATTERN. I realize that at any point, you could've killed me or Orange, but if I were scum, I would've never had an inspection in the first place!

If I want to use WIFOM as a reason to spout how I felt Heliman was town, then I can do that, because I'm making sure that someone is alive tomorrow that would be beneficial to the Town. But, people were just about to let Heliman get lynched, so I was hoping you would kill him.

Anything else?

Oh, and sorry for being a bit late. Longer day than I expected.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 22, 2011, 01:10:19 pm »

Really, Crown? Is that it? I see you on the logged in list there. Are you just going to give up at LYLO?
My Sig

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 22, 2011, 03:02:33 pm »

Since no votes have been changed, I'll just requote the last one:

The fire crackles wildly as the CrownofFire begins to be drawn in. They were playing rough now, all-in; this was the last day to do so, and why shouldn't they? They were lucid now.
The sun is but a sliver in the horizon, glowing red and lighting the sea ever so slightly.

Votecount:
webadict - 1 - CrownofFire
Orangebottle - 0 -
CrownofFire - 2 - webadict, Orangebottle

Not Voting - 0 -
No Lynch  - 0 -

Extend  - 2 - Orangebottle, CrownofFire
Shorten  - 0 -

The Day has been extended to Friday, 11PM GMT.

You need 2 to Extend and 2 to Shorten.

Ends in two hours folks, so use your time wisely.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #464 on: April 22, 2011, 03:02:57 pm »

Hahaha. You're so funny. If you want to make an argument, feel free to extend forever. It won't make you any less scum. Your argument has changed from let's vote the guy who votes me to let's vote the guy who votes me. Obviously, you don't really understand what it takes for someone to be scum. Of course, seeing as how I've just given you an extension, I am clearly not scum. That MUST mean no one is scum! Woah!
Ah, no, I was just saying I want to give both of you the chance to extend. Like I said earlier, don't want to die due to timezones and such. I was trying to explain my reasoning behind it, but that obviously failed.

Right, but your smileys and attitude show you as trying to appear friendly. You're lessening the severity of your vote, because you don't really want Orange to be against you. I mean, if you actually thought Orange was scum at any point, you wouldn't IMMEDIATELY drop your vote to vote for the guy that will no longer vote with you. So, you're switching your tactic to get Orange to vote with you. Hope that buddy buddy works for ya.
Nah, I'm not trying to be friendly, I just like to keep the overall feeling of the game friendly. If that makes any sense... At the time, I thought Orangebottle was more scummy than you, but not enough to not have second thoughts and whatever else. The vote was more of a pressure thing than "you are scum and nothing can change my mind" thing.

No. You say, "Cop claim with only Town? Ah shucks!" You're trying to play both sides of the field, and now you're trying to backtrack. I'd also like to point that you have no vibe against me until I vote for you, and then it's a whole 'nother story.
Once again, I kind of suck at putting my thoughts into words at times. I didn't really think it through at the time I posted. I should probably have inserted that fake-claim speculation in there, but I forgot to do that. At the time, I was focusing on Orangebootle, so it kind of slipped my mind.

Really? I never would've thought that, what with you voting me. I actually still don't believe you, but that's because your blatant OMGUS and lack of any reasoning is probably best beaten by "Hey look! He said the word shield!"

I am finding scum, and I was trying to abuse the system. You know who doesn't need a shield? Scum. Because they're the ones killing. So, really, what you want to prove is that I WASN'T using Heliman as a shield. I had one person other than Heliman to scan, and I was pretty sure that it would turn up Mafia. I can use my role and my knowledge in such a way, since there wasn't any loss, no matter who died. Unless it was Orange.
Scum needs shields because there's only 2 of them versus 7 Town. You don't need a shield if you're in the majority. As Town, it doesn't matter whether you specifically are alive or dead. Scum need shields because they're the minority.

That's about the worst try I've yet to see. I realize it's WIFOM, but it was perfectly logical, since there is a DEFINABLE PATTERN. I realize that at any point, you could've killed me or Orange, but if I were scum, I would've never had an inspection in the first place!

If I want to use WIFOM as a reason to spout how I felt Heliman was town, then I can do that, because I'm making sure that someone is alive tomorrow that would be beneficial to the Town. But, people were just about to let Heliman get lynched, so I was hoping you would kill him.
It may be a definable pattern, but if you're the scum, then you're not "following" a pattern, you're making it. And I do realize that you never had an inspection in the first place, that was what I was getting at.

Also, it doesn't matter which specific Town player is alive. If Heliman dies, no big loss. If you die, you're an IC and can still give advice.

Really, Crown? Is that it? I see you on the logged in list there. Are you just going to give up at LYLO?
Thanks for making assumptions about me. That really helps, doesn't it?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36