Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginners' Mafia XXII [0/6, 1/3], POSTGAME: Mafia Won!  (Read 71970 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners' Mafia XXII [7/7, 2/2], DAY 1: Lost and found
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2011, 04:45:13 pm »

I've extended it myself, meaning the extend votes are reset.
Why? That makes the day 216 hours long (I think), which seems a TAD long.
Bacause he's the mod and he can do that sort of thing.

Bdthmag, care to explain your absence?
I've been looking at his posts, and apparently he has been spending time doing this. It would be stupid of him to use this as an excuse though, because he didn't even type much there. Opportunity to post + Unanswered questions+ a failure to post= Very scummy behavior. I know the "failure to post" scumtell has been thrown around proactively in the last couple of pages, but so far he's had nothing but incredibly short and low quality posts.
To put it simply, not only is he going through a lurking spell now, but he has been generally inactive since the start of the game. He hasn't made a response to Crown's answer yet and he hasn't answered Jim's question, even though he has had the time to add input on either of them.
That is Scummy, very VERY scummy.

Unvote TKoE(No point in questioning the formally absent scummy player, at least while he's gone.)

Vote Bdthmag Yes, please explain your absence, and while you're at it, tell us why your not properly responding to questions and answers, because we all know you're not damn near busy enough to "not have the time."

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2011, 05:05:43 pm »

If he doesn't post here soon, and explain the shit, you will be downgraded to a HoS, and he will get my vote.

Bdthmag, you walk a very fine line.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2011, 05:30:54 pm »

And what would you do if everyone was voting you, you knew who scum was, and you were innocent?
I'm going to assume this was directed at me.
Look at the arguements the scum are using and find holes. I'll probably still get lynched, but I'll leave the town with some evidence against the scum.

Also superchar - surely you must think someone is scummy by now. How about you question people on scumtells and the like? Apologies if I'm your scumpick.

Bdthemag should be active/online about now. If he hasn't posted by the next time I do, he's over-lurking.

Heliman, I want to pick your brain next.  What do you think the value is of a townie convincing someone else that he is indeed town-aligned?  How much self-defense do you think is too much?
The value of a townie convincing someone else of his alignment is obvious and two pronged: it prevents the town from wasting a day on a bum lead and improves the chances that the next person they target will be a scum.
Putting my two cents in here. It does more than that - it may increase the townie's chance of being NK'd. It also allows the scum to pull out all sorts of WIFOM regarding the townie.
Actually, I think that it would be best to not weigh the value of defending yourself on the tactics of the scum, it's WIFOM in and of itself.
That was mostly to say it's not all good for the town - nothing short of a proper confirmed townie or scum is, really.
On another point, good diversion onto the lurker Heliman. Almost too subtle to see.

If he doesn't post here soon, and explain the shit, you will be downgraded to a HoS, and he will get my vote.

Bdthmag, you walk a very fine line.
Bread, that's a poor reason to downgrade suspicion.  Voting BD for lurking sure, but un-suspecting Heli because someone else is lurking?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2011, 05:43:51 pm »

Like I said, only down to HoS, which is only just under a vote. Don't worry, you weren't the only one who caught Heli's smooth distraction.

Bdthmag, you have 12 hours to post, and explain yourself well.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2011, 06:03:06 pm »

Also superchar - surely you must think someone is scummy by now. How about you question people on scumtells and the like? Apologies if I'm your scumpick.

Nope, I was waiting for you to answer.

I think Egg is scummy, but there is no point voting for him yet, as that would garner no information.

RANDOM.ORG TIME!

Unvote

Jim, If you were a cop, who would you investigate tonight?

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2011, 06:20:19 pm »

On another point, good diversion onto the lurker Heliman. Almost too subtle to see.
Hooray! The sheepish scumhunter finally makes an accusation! It was on me, mind, but that doesn't matter.

major_sephiroth, Normally when people cast a FoS they give a detailed explanation of why they're doing it, So tell me Major, What exactly do you think I'm diverting from, How is it subtle, and why do you think it's suspicious?

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2011, 06:34:25 pm »

Bdthmag, care to explain your absence?
I've been looking at his posts, and apparently he has been spending time doing this. It would be stupid of him to use this as an excuse though, because he didn't even type much there. Opportunity to post + Unanswered questions+ a failure to post= Very scummy behavior. I know the "failure to post" scumtell has been thrown around proactively in the last couple of pages, but so far he's had nothing but incredibly short and low quality posts.
To put it simply, not only is he going through a lurking spell now, but he has been generally inactive since the start of the game. He hasn't made a response to Crown's answer yet and he hasn't answered Jim's question, even though he has had the time to add input on either of them.
That is Scummy, very VERY scummy.

Unvote TKoE(No point in questioning the formally absent scummy player, at least while he's gone.)

Vote Bdthmag Yes, please explain your absence, and while you're at it, tell us why your not properly responding to questions and answers, because we all know you're not damn near busy enough to "not have the time."
You're diverting attention from yourself onto BD. It wasn't the most subtle thing in the world, and any sort of diversion is suspicious to me. The FoS is also there because you seem to defend, rather then attack. You also said at one point that a townie should only really defend if there's a bus forming on him.

I agree that BD's lurking, but I'm willing to give him a few hours.

And also, sheepish? That's a little harsh, don't you think?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2011, 06:52:59 pm »

I'm just sorta watching.

Your cop target: Not bad. I did that one game - investigate the IC. It would've helped if I wasn't NK'd.
Lol. Yeah, I got you good, didn't I? I'm not even sure why I felt like killing you, either.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2011, 07:00:02 pm »

Hey, Wuba. Quit schmoozing here, and go sign up for BYOHF!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2011, 07:05:23 pm »

Hey, Wuba. Quit schmoozing here, and go sign up for BYOHF!
Eh. I'm not really interested in games. Plus, I didn't want to choose 3 historical figures.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2011, 07:35:50 pm »

You're diverting attention from yourself onto BD. It wasn't the most subtle thing in the world, and any sort of diversion is suspicious to me.
Attention wise, the only person voting on me so far is Breadbocks, and Toaster. Toaster just voted to press a question on me and Breadbocks is the one who initially started turning on Bdthmag (it's not like I totally dismantled his argument or anything.)

The FoS is also there because you seem to defend, rather then attack. You also said at one point that a townie should only really defend if there's a bus forming on him.
I'm not saying that you shouldn't defend yourself at all in the absence of a bandwagon. You just shouldn't "turtle" yourself, or defend totally, even to a point where your scum hunting stops being scum hunting because you're just attacking blindly to defend yourself (Egg's OMGUS without a reason would be a good example of this.)
It's perfectly fine to retort to a vote against you, but you should be scumhunting at the same time too. It may seem like I'm being very defensive right now, but this is actually because both of my top suspects are absent.

Oh, BTW, it's actually called a bandwagon, not a bus. A "bus" is described as the act of a scum distancing himself from other scum.

And also, sheepish? That's a little harsh, don't you think?
Eh, used the adjective because you're the only player who doesn't have his vote cast right now.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2011, 07:43:28 pm »

I didn't "turn" on Bd. I said "Where the fuck are you?". It seems like you are trying to incriminate me for "turning" on somebody, implying I'm scum. You play a good subliminal game, Heli.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2011, 07:51:20 pm »

You could almost say that I'm a Mind Game Ship when it comes to my hunting.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2011, 08:14:06 pm »

Jim, If you were a cop, who would you investigate tonight?

Good question.

Toaster and Heliman. Toaster because I can never read him and because he's probably the most dangerous threat to the town if he's scum. Everyone else I can probably get decent reads on. Picking Toaster is to shore up some of my weakness at scumhunting, because I don't know what I should do to catch a scum Toaster. Being irrationally paranoid isn't an answer.

Heliman because he's taking a harder stance on Bdthemag's lurking than I think he needs to or is actually warranted. Not that I think he's being more aggressive than he should be, but it hasn't been that long since Bdthemag hasn't answered questions. I get the impression that Heliman is looking for scum targets for the sake of appearances instead of actually finding scum.

It's easy for scum to go after lurkers, because 1) they won't likely respond anytime soon, 2) it makes the scum look active, and 3) the scum can pretty much invent whatever reason they want to suspect the lurker.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2011, 08:25:47 pm »

Unvote for now. No point chasing someone who isn't here, and a policy lynch would just be mean.

Okay then, Toaster, you haven't been posting much. I understand it's due to RL reasons, but nobody's asked you much yet. So, as the game stands now (or rather, when you get around to answer this), who would you inspect as a Cop, and who would you protect as a Doctor?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36