Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 139258 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 10 Day 1
« Reply #930 on: June 22, 2011, 03:41:39 pm »

Just saying Toaster, with the info I have, you're the most likely suspect.

It is a very safe bet to say that if you flip town, then we know for a fact that someone is lying about their role, and that would whittle down the choices to Pandar, Think, and Native.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 22, 2011, 11:14:29 pm »

Extension, unvote, and Web, is what Josh saying about the malfunction device not removing roles true?

Damnit, I knew that was suspicious, I should've actually asked Web if that could've happened.
A Malfunctioning Inventor's "devices" cannot remove the user's role. They simply have a 50% chance to fail.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 22, 2011, 11:14:50 pm »

Also, Day Extended to Friday.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 23, 2011, 01:25:29 am »

Think I would have to say something similar to my role, being able to !none to make all night actions fail. Another one that would be bad is something similar to a Mad Scientist Role, being able to change peoples roles. This could cause alot of confusion on the town side and potentially make it easier for the Mafia to win.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 23, 2011, 07:31:41 am »

Josh: I figured everyone was familiar enough with the role list to recognize a Zombie, which is where most of my effects come from.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 23, 2011, 08:27:14 am »

Notice to all:  Going on a small trip Friday-Sunday, so I'll likely be just PFP during then.  Expect diminished participation.

Josh:
Just saying Toaster, with the info I have, you're the most likely suspect.

It is a very safe bet to say that if you flip town, then we know for a fact that someone is lying about their role, and that would whittle down the choices to Pandar, Think, and Native.

Fair enough.

Pandar:  You're giving a lot of responses and informational posts, and little to no analytical posts.  Do you have any suspects?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 23, 2011, 01:43:50 pm »

How about we lynch Toaster, then I shoot Native and Native wails at Panda so he can't do anything? Then lynch Panda the next day. How's that sound?

Web: are we informed if we are roleblocked versus our ability failing?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 23, 2011, 02:18:05 pm »

You are informed about both action failure and roleblocking in different ways.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 23, 2011, 04:06:14 pm »

Let's see, We're at 6p, and we basically can't lose as long as BD is around...

How about we lynch Toaster, then I shoot Native and Native wails at Panda so he can't do anything? Then lynch Panda the next day. How's that sound?

Good, that's a good plan. In the off-off chance that he is mafia though, I want to make a condition to this plan. I want Panda to use his one-shot xkill on me, today. This is so that he can't use it on BD tomorrow and score an easy win.

It IS a one-shot, as stated in the role list, right? I expect as much.

I'm unvoting right now. Because if Pandar pulls something like "Oh, I tried, but it failed cause I'm a zombie *snicker*" then we're lynching him today, and in the case where he isn't the KM, then Think kills Native, and Native wails at Toaster instead... and when Pandar revives, I want BD to kill Pandar, and I'll use my reflectshield on BD so that he can't be killed.

How's that sound?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 23, 2011, 04:27:43 pm »

Would that work if Toaster is KM? ... Oh, you're Toaster's twin, so by use it on you you mean have Pandarsenic shoot at Toaster through you?

If Pandarsenic fails, then lynching Pandarsenic and having me and Native die would leave you, Toaster, and BD, with Pandarsenic reviving. BD shoots Pandarsenic, you reflect BD, KM can't target anyone because he'd die instantly, and then lynch Toaster if BD's alive and lynch Josh if he's dead. Have BD shoot the survivor in the night. Worst case would result in us losing everyone, but I think that's a guaranteed town win if Pandarsenic fails.

If he succeeds, then he shoots Toaster, we lynch Pandarsenic anyways, and it's you, BD, and Pandarsenic. Lynch Pandarsenic again and BD shoots you for the Town win.

There's no chance of me surviving and Native dying, as that would mean that Native isn't a PGO, which'd mean he lied, which would mean that he was KM, so game over. Me dying and Native surviving would mean I was roleblocked and killed, which narrows KM to Panda and Native. There would be revived Panda, Joshua, BD, Native, and (quantum) Toaster left. Lynch Panda, BD shoot Native, Josh reflect BD, done and done. KM would be green goo at that point, so he'd have no roleblock left, and couldn't stop the kill.

If neither of Native or I die, then the analysis is more complicated. It would mean that KM roleblocked me or I'm KM, and thusly that one of me, Panda, or Native is KM, as we're the only ones with new roles. Assuming I'm not KM, then the KM would be green goo, so I would just shoot Native again, and lynch Panda again. If I am KM and we go through with that and I'm alive AGAIN, then I'm a jackass (KM) and deserve to be lynched.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 23, 2011, 10:00:25 pm »

While I think that plan is great, I literally want Pandar to kill me.

Just because I think being a reflector is really lame, and I can't win in future rounds as it, basically.

But sure, whatever, let's have Pandar kill Toaster through me. What do you think Pandar?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 23, 2011, 10:04:20 pm »

Yeah, getting rid of me to clear off confusion is probably the best bet.  Just don't forget Pandar's revive.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 10 Night 0
« Reply #942 on: June 23, 2011, 10:46:43 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Toaster -
Bdthemag -
JoshuaFH - NativeForeigner, Toaster,
Pandarsenic -
Think0028 -
NativeForeigner -

Not Voting - Bdthemag, Pandarsenic, Think0028, JoshuaFH,

4 To Hammer. Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

Geez, I've been pushing updating this for too long. My bad, guys.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 24, 2011, 01:50:53 am »

One's as good as the other. If it works, anyway.

Extension

Also: Wuba, if a zombie were in play, would its revive proc on lynch or only on NK?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 24, 2011, 07:04:42 am »

One's as good as the other. If it works, anyway.

Extension

Also: Wuba, if a zombie were in play, would its revive proc on lynch or only on NK?
A Zombie revives whenever it has been died, regardless of method, just as any Reviver would.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 89