Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 139356 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 5 Day 1
« Reply #360 on: April 07, 2011, 11:37:29 pm »

In Sending

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 07, 2011, 11:45:05 pm »

Bluh,i was so close. Next time i'll have to lie more :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 08, 2011, 07:49:59 am »

Spoiler: Tyberix (click to show/hide)

This two deaths irritates me.  Why would a townie kill on N0?  I don't see the advantage of 5p over 6p.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 08, 2011, 08:13:30 am »

How would a false flip even make sense?  There's one scum, and the round ends if he dies.

It can instill a sense of paranoia in the killer/s, who now don't know what killing that person may have done to them - or to the game, for that matter. However, a 'killing role' doesn't necessarily imply the player is 'KING MAFIA' in this set-up, so I can't really see any real point in it either. Other than shaking things up, of course, which it has thus far successfully done.

Could that be why you're so interested in his death, Joshua? Or do you want to try to persuade me that it's entirely academic in nature?

Pandar is town. (inspect)

Does that mean he can't be King Mafia, or... what? I'm not entirely sure of what this declaration entails. Also, I do believe it is possible that he could be a reflector or similar. Although I doubt I'd really have to tell you, I still insist that you shouldn't put too much stock in it.

Darvi and Azure:  Have you read the previous rounds?  What's your impression of them?

I've read a few of them. Treasure-troves of meta from the regulars, solid insight into how this setup is played, and what appears to be a not insignificant amount of luck in finding the King. Not necessarily what happened; merely how I've perceived it.

On the other hand, how do you think the games have progressed, Toaster? I'm interested in hearing what someone who has so far been in every round thinks of how you've been doing.

This two deaths irritates me.  Why would a townie kill on N0?  I don't see the advantage of 5p over 6p.

Possible Psychopath; Vig/Killer/Whatever who thought he could get in a quick, lucky hit (seen it far, far too many times in IRC Mafia); a result of whatever Native's real role is (not sure about this, don't know all the possible roles. Even this is assuming Townie was not his real role); etc; etc. Any number of reasons fit. Although your failure to consider any of these options is interesting.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 5 Night 0
« Reply #364 on: April 08, 2011, 08:36:22 am »

Vote Count
------------------------

Azure Sepulchre -
Darvi - JoshuaFH,
Pandarsenic -
Toaster -
JoshuaFH -

Not Voting - Pandarsenic, Toaster, Azure Sepulchre, Darvi,

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 08, 2011, 09:07:51 am »

@Josh: Feeling mischievous. As I said, I'm not interested in the title, but I wanna make sure the winner deserves it. 'cause should I win, shame on you. (also, you had a discussion about how the first victim would go back to the waiting list. I wanted to foil that plan >:3)

@Toaster: Ya, read it. Forgotten most of it though, so whatever. Lots of veterans and newbies trying to snatch wuba's title.

So Josh, why did you ask to be a vanilla townie?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 08, 2011, 09:09:41 am »

Azure:  On the inspect:  My inspects are guaranteed sane, so he'd have to be a godfather to be mafia.  I doubt that, as he would have to have lied about the gun count and his role last round, and put up an excellent act about it.  It'd be too much WIFOM for me, so I'm considering him town and being done with it.

On the previous rounds:  The first two were a bit lame.  The third one got BD stuck in a "must be scum" situation.  I though the fourth one was a nice cerebral game.  By its nature, this game is fairly night/role heavy as opposed to day game, which is funnily enough against its original intent.  I believe the day game is still very important, though.

On N0 extra kill:  Psychopath did occur to me, but it's pretty anti-town in this situation, and a bad choice to send in, though that doesn't preclude it being in the game.  I'd say anyone with a forced kill should claim it now.

Josh:  What role would you least like in the hands of the scum?

Darvi:  I see.  What role would you like the best scumhunting townie among you to have, assuming you were also town?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 08, 2011, 09:20:27 am »

Hmmm... I'd say a doctor role to keep the town alive? If they're good scumhunters they should be able to find out who's town and be able to protet them.
But then again, even town are rivals in this game, so it's possible that they'd only protect the bad players to make their next rounds easier. Which, if I think about it, is a good thing for me.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 08, 2011, 10:45:40 am »

I literally just woke up, so my head isn't turning at full speed at the moment. I'll be happy to answer some questions though.

How would a false flip even make sense?  There's one scum, and the round ends if he dies.

It can instill a sense of paranoia in the killer/s, who now don't know what killing that person may have done to them - or to the game, for that matter. However, a 'killing role' doesn't necessarily imply the player is 'KING MAFIA' in this set-up, so I can't really see any real point in it either. Other than shaking things up, of course, which it has thus far successfully done.

Could that be why you're so interested in his death, Joshua? Or do you want to try to persuade me that it's entirely academic in nature?

You said it yourself, even you don't believe that was his original role. Really, a single role can turn the whole game around. Who knows how the 4th round might have gone if Pandar weren't an arms dealer?

So Josh, why did you ask to be a vanilla townie?

In the second round? That's an easy one, due to some technical difficulties on my part. I was at school at the time, and for whatever reason my proxy couldn't access the Xylbot role page, so I had no idea what a legitimate role request would be, so I just said Vanilla townie and hoped for the best. WA was happy to oblige me.

Josh:  What role would you least like in the hands of the scum?

Something like Joker's, an ascetic super-saint with a kill. The worst possible role would probably be something like bulletproof super-saint godfather recurring nightmare.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 08, 2011, 05:14:33 pm »

Pandar, do you have any useful insight for us?

Darvi:  Interesting.  To what lengths would you go, as town, to get other townies killed so you live to see the next round?

Josh:  I see.  Knowing that, why didn't you grey goo him?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 08, 2011, 05:26:56 pm »

Sorry, not allowing myself - I went to sleep at 10:30 last night and somehow woke up at 4 AM. Been awake since. Too tired to trust my own contributions considering past performances while exhausted.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 08, 2011, 06:39:49 pm »

Josh:  I see.  Knowing that, why didn't you grey goo him?

Two reasons: (1) Because gray goo is a lame role and (2) spreading the love doesn't accomplish much. Gooing him probably would have hindered the town more likely since I'd be taking his kill action, which could be put to good use under my supervision. I !noned last night if you're curious.

@Josh: (also, you had a discussion about how the first victim would go back to the waiting list. I wanted to foil that plan >:3)

Just curious, what did you mean by this?

Question: The end date for the day isn't specified, what is it WA?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 08, 2011, 08:25:40 pm »

Days only end on hammer, right?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 5 Night 0
« Reply #373 on: April 08, 2011, 08:51:25 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------

Azure Sepulchre -
Darvi - JoshuaFH,
Pandarsenic -
Toaster -
JoshuaFH -

Not Voting - Pandarsenic, Toaster, Azure Sepulchre, Darvi,

3 To Hammer. Day Ends Tuesday 9 PM Central.

My bad. I forgot to leave the day in.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 08, 2011, 10:43:16 pm »

Two reasons: (1) Because gray goo is a lame role and (2) spreading the love doesn't accomplish much.

Also the fact that it would have done literally nothing to someone unaffected by any night actions besides kills. Can't forget that one.

Gleaning from what you know so far, however, who would you choose to goo out of the remaining participants and why? If you don't have enough info right now to make a reasoned choice I'll postpone this question until later, but I would like an answer eventually.

On N0 extra kill:  Psychopath did occur to me, but it's pretty anti-town in this situation, and a bad choice to send in, though that doesn't preclude it being in the game.  I'd say anyone with a forced kill should claim it now.

You assume it'd be a chosen role. I assumed WA would've given it to someone as a penalty of sorts for requesting a particularly powerful role. And since four of you (including Joker) are highly unlikely to be a Psychopath, having carried over your roles from last, I have a vested interested in the roles of Native and - in particular - Darvi. The reason for Darvi being that he has already admitted to feeling 'mischievous' and his disinterest in winning in general, which instantly got my attention. Not because I think he is maf (thus far, I suspect he is town - early days yet, so it's liable to change), but because I am fairly sure he possesses a very powerful role that came with the strings attached, specifically for the purpose of shaking things up as much as he could. But alas; as much as I would enjoy trying to puzzle out which role he has over the course of the game, I am far more interested in killing the King sooner rather than later.

Therefore, I am willing to make a trade with you, Darvi, as it seems I am the only person left who can barter in this way right now. My role for yours; both out in the open, obviously. Call it role-fishing, if you will, but I think any detractors I may have are receiving an equal bargain in me outing my role also - particularly when any detractors I may have outside of Darvi are already naked (or are at least wearing a skin-tight beige-coloured outfit). I'll leave the decision with you.

Ah, one more thing:

Toaster - Do you think it odd that someone like Native - with a completely unknown role - or Joker - who possesses what appears to be a generally passive role in town hands - are higher in the mafia's list of important targets than you, someone who claims to be Batman? What do you think this entails?

Panda - I presume you are capable of using your Arms Dealer ability again. If so, have you? If you have, what are the results? If not... well, why not?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 89