Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 89

Author Topic: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 13  (Read 139315 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: King of the Mafia - Always In Sign-Ups: Round 4 Day 1
« Reply #330 on: April 06, 2011, 02:15:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure that Joker is mafia as well, Toaster.

I've been thinking about it Toaster, and simply put, someone needs to sacrifice themselves to save the rest of the townies.

For the moment, Toaster, I'm going to trust that you're town. This is an assumption based on my gut feeling, and my theories are going to be based on it.

If we decide to lynch Joker, it will only require two people at the most. Hammer is not necessary, as we're running out of time anyhow. He's mafia, his super saint kicks in and kills off the last voter; and presuming that your so sure that Tyberix will sacrifice himself, that can be him as well.

If Tyberix isn't feeling altruistic at the moment, then it's Pandar and I's job to do it. If he's not mafia, I trust that your batman'ing skills will allow you to roleblock Tyberix, so we can lynch him next day.

So, someone needs to sacrifice themselves.

This is a difficult proposition since self-sacrifice voids that person of victory for the next round. I'm town right now, but I want to survive due to the possibility that I might become KING MAFIA next round, and win the whole shebang for myself. This is very attractive to me, especially due to the huge advantage I'd have of knowing everyone's roles at the moment, there'd be nearly any risk in the next round.

Now, I've suggested that you roleblock Tyberix in the case that Joker isn't mafia, based on how conservative you're feeling. If you feel downright GREEDY, then the door's open for you to go into the next round as the sole survivor.

This is accomplished like so: We lynch joker, his super saint kills the voter, you kill Tyberix, and Tyberix kills the last other townie, presumably me or Pandar. Then tada, you enter round 5 as lone surviving BATMAN!

Opinions Pandar?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 06, 2011, 02:43:07 pm »

Two points:

1)  There are only 3 in the queue, so whoever goes back in first should get the spot.  That shouldn't affect our judgment for this round, though.

2)  I could just shoot Tyberix instead of blocking him.  I'd imagine he'd target me as I have the widest ability set, and I could protect anyone else.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 06, 2011, 02:45:31 pm »

Wait, you can use two abilities per night? Cause that's what I gather from your second point.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 06, 2011, 02:50:19 pm »

No, just one.  Killing me has no risk of the kill being protected, whereas I could pick to protect someone instead of killing/blocking to screw with him.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 06, 2011, 02:54:07 pm »

That's just kind of silly, sorry. Blocking isn't a possibility, only killing and blocking would net us a surefire victory. Blocking guarantees the most people survive, including yourself.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 06, 2011, 04:08:33 pm »

That's just kind of silly, sorry. Blocking isn't a possibility, only killing and blocking would net us a surefire victory. Blocking guarantees the most people survive, including yourself.

That's the silliest choice of words I ever done chose.

But I rescind it anyway. You can't even kill, only roleblocking will do, due to Tyberix's one-shot kill immunity.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 06, 2011, 05:11:05 pm »

If Tyberix won't hammer, then we lynch him instead and shoot Joker at night if he flips town.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 06, 2011, 05:33:33 pm »

I can work with that, even though I think that Joker is the more likely scum suspect. Tyberix.

It'll work either way though.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 06, 2011, 05:43:02 pm »

Tyberix didn't post in this thread though he posted in others two hours ago.  I've done that before as scum to avoid contributing.  Joker at least posted.  That leads me to think there's no issue with doing a Vote Tyberix.  If anyone objects, say so before someone hammers Tyberix.

Should I shoot Joker or let the game run to Day 2 if Tyberix is actually town?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 06, 2011, 05:49:26 pm »

Seeing as how he's a super saint, you might as well just kill joker in the night. There's no point in letting him live if Tyberix flips town, only more deaths would accumulate.

Plus, if it turns out that I've been bamboozled, and you're the mafia, that leaves joker's kill wide open to finish you off with. I find no qualms with this plan.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 06, 2011, 06:55:47 pm »

Unless you're the Mafia but hgngnglrlghlbhalbhlwifom.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 06, 2011, 07:15:11 pm »

Pandar:  Josh can't be scum, remember?  All the guns are accounted for.  (Batman, Godfather, Mr. Hyde)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 06, 2011, 07:38:25 pm »

Unless you're the Mafia but hgngnglrlghlbhalbhlwifom.

I really wish that, somehow someway, I was mafia, this would be an awesome win for me.

Hey WA, I have a question before you end the day. Can the players that were killed in this round re-IN for the next? Or are they out until the sixth, assuming we get there?

Plus, I presume that all living players are trapped in the role they have for the next round, and can't resign it for a new one?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 06, 2011, 08:07:33 pm »

I was just going to hammer myself, but all right. That works for me. I just have to sit here and wait, right? I can do that.

Toaster, I'll be targeting you with the kill tonight as per Josh's plan. So if Toaster survives or dies and flips town, either way we know who the scum is.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 06, 2011, 08:17:01 pm »

You only target Toaster if Tyberix flips town. If he flips scum then I hit you with a newspaper, going "Bad town joker! BAD TOWN!".
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 89