Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270478 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #2085 on: December 16, 2013, 04:13:44 am »

Yup, it's a dreadful server situation. I would have liked to see how a gambit like throwing 40 titans out would have paid off.

I don't think we've seen a full proper Omegafleet just yet though, as it was just announced they need time for people to complete their training and fit ships down in the warzone.

Continued deployment of Titans could lead to interesting times.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: December 16, 2013, 04:51:16 am »

Does anyone know if CCP tends to have sales on christmas or new years or what not? I'm at a critical stage where I can't generate money for PLEX yet but it takes like 30 days to train a PI account so if I can get some starter packs or something on sale I can skip a generation of 1 or 2 months of setting up accounts. The early spin up of production is always the most annoying difficult stage in the various MMO's I've played.

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: December 16, 2013, 06:18:00 am »

Immediately after updates you tend to see them, after Rubicon for example Steam was selling new subscriptions for £3 or something.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: December 16, 2013, 06:51:04 am »

Well I just lost 13mil ISK trying to fly my tayra loaded with command centers into my nullsec station from caldari space. I woulda made it but I hit a random warp bubble giving time for someone in a cynabal 2 systems down a chance to launch and hit me with a warp scrambler literally .2 seconds before I warped to the stargate. I was already passed catch so I suspect they had logged off 2 jumps into immensea and I got unlucky. Command centers in nullsec cost like 400-800k a pop so I was trying to avoid buying them there. Can't get lucky every time I suppose.

Still it was a nice adrenaline rush praying that server maintenance had given me time to run through. I had fun and I can afford the loss at least this once.

This shit is way more fun than anything I experienced in WoW during my abortive attempt to get into it. I love EVE.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: December 16, 2013, 03:56:20 pm »

Does anyone know if CCP tends to have sales on christmas or new years or what not? I'm at a critical stage where I can't generate money for PLEX yet but it takes like 30 days to train a PI account so if I can get some starter packs or something on sale I can skip a generation of 1 or 2 months of setting up accounts. The early spin up of production is always the most annoying difficult stage in the various MMO's I've played.
Keep an eye on Green Man Gaming, they have some deep discounts and coupon codes. When I started I got a starter pack for like $1 in the summer.

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: December 16, 2013, 05:58:36 pm »

Yup, it's a dreadful server situation. I would have liked to see how a gambit like throwing 40 titans out would have paid off.

I don't think we've seen a full proper Omegafleet just yet though, as it was just announced they need time for people to complete their training and fit ships down in the warzone.

Continued deployment of Titans could lead to interesting times.
I don't think Goons quite realise what they're going up against. PL/NCdot are pretty much the unquestioned masters of capital/supercapital warfare. It's going to fall flat on it's face. Those titans were in no danger, we had well over a hundred supercarriers ready to go in and add reps onto the supers, if need be.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: December 18, 2013, 08:43:47 pm »

Well, I'm getting to the point where I can PLEX myself from PI. Sadly my alts are still a week or so away each from being worth a plex a month and it will take a bit to train them. I've been considering using the plex multi training, even to do so with all my characters will only cost me an extra 45bil which is minimal given my goal total. It looks like it could take me up to 4 months to get to a point where I can PLEX the full 32 accounts which is sad.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: December 21, 2013, 01:50:04 pm »

Well, I got myself into a pickle. I have 6 accounts, 5 of them with their 14 day skill boost doing wonders, but sadly that means I need 3.6bil to plex them all. Except I don't have the starter money to set up their planets. It averages out to 6mil per planet and the 8 characters with enough skills to matter equal 48 planets. But I'm short 160mil. When I bought an extra 2 packs cause they were on sale I forgot to account for increased start up costs. Time to figure out how to snag extra cash. Maybe I can get a lucky faction mod ratting in my ferox. Well except I lost my hisec jump clone. I can make enough to PLEX if I can get all 48 planets running coolant chains or something. Well, I suppose if it was too easy it would get boring.

Wish me luck.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: December 21, 2013, 02:23:59 pm »

Just because it has been bugging me for awhile now, how much real life money did you sink to get all that started?  I mean I know that you can start making money back after awhile by selling plex but I am genuinely interested.

Also good luck man!
Nom nom nom

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: December 22, 2013, 12:17:41 am »

Just because it has been bugging me for awhile now, how much real life money did you sink to get all that started?  I mean I know that you can start making money back after awhile by selling plex but I am genuinely interested.

Also good luck man!

Currently I have paid $26. I got the original starter pack on black friday sale for 0.99$, the other 5 were on regular 75% off sale for 4.99$.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: December 22, 2013, 11:31:12 am »

Fuck it. I caved and bought 2 plex on sale. Not the best sale ever, only 15%, but w/e. That 1.2bil is going to easily cover all my startup costs and barring a catastrophic future event give me the start I need to plex all my accounts before they run out. I had some trouble getting a planet that was good for mining base metals, which is sadly one of the top ingredients in several products. But I can settle for crappier planets or maybe looking farther afield if I have to. Currently I have a finished production line making supercomputers, although nothing is being pumped through yet. Still, woulda been nice to have a decent base metals planet.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: December 23, 2013, 06:57:11 am »

your plan sounds interesting - tho to me it seem you have commited yourself to a rather demanding grind with has to be done very regularely. i wonder if you will find any time to actually have fun with eve beside all this.
personally, no matter how rich i get, i still keep my ships as cheap as possible. if only not to fuck up my killboard with useless expensive losses.
simply put, it only makes sense to put so much money into your ships - and this limit of reason will rise only slowly with your skillpoints and player expirience.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: December 23, 2013, 09:11:51 am »

Meh, I think PI is somewhat fun. And making tons of fake money amuses me. Sure PI is like a highly abstracted city builder, but I like city builders. The main issue with PI is that whoever designed the interface is a complete moron and needs to be fired posthaste.

Assuming prices remain stable I will have managed to secure an income stream easily capable of PLEXing my current 6 accounts as soon as the end product rolls off the line and goes to Jita in the JF. I luckily happen to have picked the highest priced P3 product as the basis for my spin up. And indeed it happens that it is outperforming its P4 result on the market right now besides being the best priced P3 product.

If my goal was to make precisely 1trillion credits by the end of my quest for riches, I would require as little as 2 hours a day, split pretty evenly between hauling, extractor moving and factory optimization. Sure I have to play 2 hours a day, but once I spin up to full production I will be making a net 500mil an hour ISK. Compared to running shitty missions(read: renamed quest grinding) that are why I quit MMOs in the first place for a whole year. PI leads into several other industrial options like making T2 ships and various POS and Sov structures for nullsec. It also easily covers my PLEX costs. Also given 12-24 hour times for doing PI stuff, that leaves me a lot of time to AFK mine also which would be less for income and more to contribute to production of stuff.

2-3 hours a day of PI, 1 hour of active play to mine while I am doing PI, and plenty of time to also do other stuff like research that only takes 15 minutes a day. Once I max skills my same PI characters will be trained to mine and maybe research so no need for more accounts. Since max PI skills takes 1-2 months tops I can also train my extra characters for loads of combat roles as well.

I care nothing for killboards, this isn't MLG COD/HALO or something where high scores are the end goal. Since I make 500mil per hour(this is derived from the actual time played and not split over 24 hours) I can lose 2 fully fit Wyverns every week if I want and it won't matter to me. Hell if I am producing tech 2 ships I can afford to lose tons of sub caps a day since I am making them for myself.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: December 23, 2013, 09:34:32 am »

Meh, I think PI is somewhat fun. And making tons of fake money amuses me. Sure PI is like a highly abstracted city builder, but I like city builders. The main issue with PI is that whoever designed the interface is a complete moron and needs to be fired posthaste.

Assuming prices remain stable I will have managed to secure an income stream easily capable of PLEXing my current 6 accounts as soon as the end product rolls off the line and goes to Jita in the JF. I luckily happen to have picked the highest priced P3 product as the basis for my spin up. And indeed it happens that it is outperforming its P4 result on the market right now besides being the best priced P3 product.

If my goal was to make precisely 1trillion credits by the end of my quest for riches, I would require as little as 2 hours a day, split pretty evenly between hauling, extractor moving and factory optimization. Sure I have to play 2 hours a day, but once I spin up to full production I will be making a net 500mil an hour ISK. Compared to running shitty missions(read: renamed quest grinding) that are why I quit MMOs in the first place for a whole year. PI leads into several other industrial options like making T2 ships and various POS and Sov structures for nullsec. It also easily covers my PLEX costs. Also given 12-24 hour times for doing PI stuff, that leaves me a lot of time to AFK mine also which would be less for income and more to contribute to production of stuff.

2-3 hours a day of PI, 1 hour of active play to mine while I am doing PI, and plenty of time to also do other stuff like research that only takes 15 minutes a day. Once I max skills my same PI characters will be trained to mine and maybe research so no need for more accounts. Since max PI skills takes 1-2 months tops I can also train my extra characters for loads of combat roles as well.

I care nothing for killboards, this isn't MLG COD/HALO or something where high scores are the end goal. Since I make 500mil per hour(this is derived from the actual time played and not split over 24 hours) I can lose 2 fully fit Wyverns every week if I want and it won't matter to me. Hell if I am producing tech 2 ships I can afford to lose tons of sub caps a day since I am making them for myself.

So the plan you had for making a bay12 corp. is still going? Ya know, the one where you plan on starting up some newbs with plex? I have some time on my hands and a good mmo where I can work with others while we do something other than fighting sounds good.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: December 23, 2013, 09:40:04 am »

I'll probably end up doing that still yes. I'm not sure how my current alliance will feel about that so the details are somewhat sketchy. I currently make enough to plex 6 accounts and its going up to 18 in a month or two. Once I can spare enough cash for 10 or 20 PLEX a month I will see about setting up the corp. Probably 2 or 3 months from now? Getting all my PI characters to Vs in the necessary skills takes about 40 days so it will take a bit to get set up.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 210