Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270426 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #2115 on: December 26, 2013, 08:05:28 pm »

Well I went all in this morning on starter packs. I have 14 active EVE accounts and 15 starter packs I haven't activated yet.
The Support GM said that I can buy them now and they won't lose the game time until I apply the codes to an account.

It amuses me somewhat that while in many games having even a single alternate account is bannable, in Eve, not only were you able to openly speak to a GM about having over a dozen, you probably weren't even the first person to have done so.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: December 26, 2013, 08:24:17 pm »

Well I went all in this morning on starter packs. I have 14 active EVE accounts and 15 starter packs I haven't activated yet.
The Support GM said that I can buy them now and they won't lose the game time until I apply the codes to an account.

It amuses me somewhat that while in many games having even a single alternate account is bannable, in Eve, not only were you able to openly speak to a GM about having over a dozen, you probably weren't even the first person to have done so.

I always found that funny too. You'd think in a game like Eve where a spy can do so much damage there would be some way for a corporation to track down your alts or something. Not so.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: December 26, 2013, 09:40:44 pm »

Well I didn't actually say I was going to abuse sale prices, but he did know I wanted to have multiple accounts.

45 accounts is the max I can handle according to my calculations. 135 total characters. Of course my time efficiency may be less limited by my tedious clicking endurance stat and more by the added time of logging on and off 135 characters :)

According to my calculations a clever player can max out at about 5trillion ISK per year net gain. I'll probably be trapped around 2trillion. I wonder if CCP will nerf PI once they realize its the highest possible isk per hour in the game by a massive margin. I hope I make my fortune before they noticed.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: December 27, 2013, 04:58:38 am »

According to my calculations a clever player can max out at about 5trillion ISK per year net gain. I'll probably be trapped
around 2trillion. I wonder if CCP will nerf PI once they realize its the highest possible isk per hour in the game by a massive
margin. I hope I make my fortune before they noticed.

I don't think you need to worry about that. Everybody already knows about PI. Most people are simply unwilling to scale it up to anywhere even remotely approaching the level you're describing because of the tedium involved and the need to constantly be at it every day.

Also, even if the numbers all add up to what you're figuring and even if you really are willing to spend however many hours a day it will take to do it, remember that the eve market is supply and demand driven, and prices are not fixed. For you to sell 2 trillion worth of PI commodities, somebody else has to be buying them. If you're really able to dump that much material onto the market, it's going to affect prices, and there might come a point where you can't sell them at any price simply because nobody wants them anymore. CCP doesn't need to worry about every player suddenly making trillions of ISK selling PI goods because the buyers are other players. If there aren't trillions being spent buying PI goods, there won't be trillions gained by selling them.

2trillion.

per year

Have you considered the logistics of transporting that to market?

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: December 27, 2013, 10:15:26 am »

According to my calculations a clever player can max out at about 5trillion ISK per year net gain. I'll probably be trapped
around 2trillion. I wonder if CCP will nerf PI once they realize its the highest possible isk per hour in the game by a massive
margin. I hope I make my fortune before they noticed.

I don't think you need to worry about that. Everybody already knows about PI. Most people are simply unwilling to scale it up to anywhere even remotely approaching the level you're describing because of the tedium involved and the need to constantly be at it every day.

Also, even if the numbers all add up to what you're figuring and even if you really are willing to spend however many hours a day it will take to do it, remember that the eve market is supply and demand driven, and prices are not fixed. For you to sell 2 trillion worth of PI commodities, somebody else has to be buying them. If you're really able to dump that much material onto the market, it's going to affect prices, and there might come a point where you can't sell them at any price simply because nobody wants them anymore. CCP doesn't need to worry about every player suddenly making trillions of ISK selling PI goods because the buyers are other players. If there aren't trillions being spent buying PI goods, there won't be trillions gained by selling them.

2trillion.

per year

Have you considered the logistics of transporting that to market?

Well the EVE economy is about 650trillion ISK right now. I believe something like 30 trillion changes hands per day. Even if that was per month though it doesn't matter. I would be making 100-200billion per month. Actually only 1.5trillion would really come from PI. The other money would come from doing things with the money generated by PI. Based on the buy and sell orders, the supply and demand graphs and the changes I observe each day on my Jita alt, a diversified PI production system could definitely move the necessary 100billion-200billion per month to hit a 1.5trillion target.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #2120 on: December 27, 2013, 10:39:11 am »

Anyone have a few plex to spare? :p

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2121 on: December 27, 2013, 12:50:58 pm »

Well the EVE economy is about 650trillion ISK right now. I believe something like 30 trillion changes hands per day. Even if that was per month though it doesn't matter. I would be making 100-200billion per month. Actually only 1.5trillion would really come from PI. The other money would come from doing things with the money generated by PI. Based on the buy and sell orders, the supply and demand graphs and the changes I observe each day on my Jita alt, a diversified PI production system could definitely move the necessary 100billion-200billion per month to hit a 1.5trillion target.
Do... do you need any help?

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: December 27, 2013, 02:08:17 pm »

I'm not sure what this means.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: December 27, 2013, 03:04:30 pm »

so exploring low sec i found a nice 0.1 system really close to high sec, planets are awesome and it seems its really calm (for a low sec system), it has an station perfect for manufacturing, research and with medical facilities, with plenty of asteroid belts, and POCOs with a low tax......now the problem is, i've never lived in low sec, im an industrial player and a noob in PvP, i need advice for this, would it be wise to get a procurer and mine there? and/or just stick to PI?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2124 on: December 27, 2013, 03:27:15 pm »

It means it sounds like a lot of work and I'm asking if you need help?

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: December 27, 2013, 04:37:14 pm »

It means it sounds like a lot of work and I'm asking if you need help?

Nah, I've got it pretty much. Thanks though. Gonna ship my first couple bil worth of super computers to highsec in a week or so. Then I should be able to see how much of that particular item the market can support.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: December 27, 2013, 08:25:10 pm »

so exploring low sec i found a nice 0.1 system really close to high sec, planets are awesome and it seems its really calm (for a low sec system), it has an station perfect for manufacturing, research and with medical facilities, with plenty of asteroid belts, and POCOs with a low tax......now the problem is, i've never lived in low sec, im an industrial player and a noob in PvP, i need advice for this, would it be wise to get a procurer and mine there? and/or just stick to PI?

Low sec you really have to play paranoid. I'd flee any time you see someone new in local. Expect that often you will find yourself just stuck in the station, hoping someone leaves.

It is one of those cost/benefit things. How much more per-hour can you make mining in 0.1? How many hours do you have to mine to make back the cost of the ship you are going to lose sooner or later?

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: December 27, 2013, 10:25:43 pm »

Low sec you really have to play paranoid. I'd flee any time you see someone new in local. Expect that often you will find yourself just stuck in the station, hoping someone leaves.

It is one of those cost/benefit things. How much more per-hour can you make mining in 0.1? How many hours do you have to mine to make back the cost of the ship you are going to lose sooner or later?

Yeeeah I lost a few Vexors from stealth bomber roams even deep into our own territory because I was playing way too liberally with regard to bugging out when neutrals appeared on grid. It's rough!

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: December 27, 2013, 11:16:28 pm »

join fw for a month or tree.
its mostly about solo friggate pvp, and it will teach you your ways in low in a very efficient way.
oh, and its good income, too.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: December 28, 2013, 09:28:38 am »

the problem for me with FW is the loss of faction standings, if i wanted to earn isk via LPs i would do L4s, i know the dangers of low sec and null sec at a degree due to personal experience, but i've wanted to know some tips for living in lowsec as a permanent or semipermanent resident.

most of the problem isnt really the pirates, but the rats, i dont know if a full flight of T1 drones will be able to deal with low sec rats, specially the 0.1 ones......
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 210