Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 210

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 270555 times)

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
Re: Eve Online
« Reply #1980 on: October 02, 2013, 03:05:05 am »

Okay.. ill try and play the trial, see if it is something for me and if the enjoyment is worth a trip to an expensive cafe every month.
I got about 54 € to spend per month, blame my tight and horrible student economy.

Thanks for advice, guys. I hope i can reach a point where i can play this for free, ala buy via PLEX instead of real money.
Will my accouny be deleted if i fail to pay? Will i loose all progress if i decide to take a months break to save up on stuff?
Black chant mirrors the song of the stars
Open the abyss dreamt from afar
Abominations drawn to our dimension
Feed black desires, aid human ascension

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: October 02, 2013, 03:55:52 am »

Okay.. ill try and play the trial, see if it is something for me and if the enjoyment is worth a trip to an expensive cafe every month.
I got about 54 € to spend per month, blame my tight and horrible student economy.

Thanks for advice, guys. I hope i can reach a point where i can play this for free, ala buy via PLEX instead of real money.
Will my accouny be deleted if i fail to pay? Will i loose all progress if i decide to take a months break to save up on stuff?
No your account does not get deleted as far as I know, I took a break for a year and came back to my account.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: October 02, 2013, 03:58:30 am »

Great, then it truly only demands as much as you want it to. Ill play it!

Rabid_Cog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: October 02, 2013, 12:22:41 pm »

Let an old vet give you young'uns some advice.

1) Skills train even while you are offline, so make sure your skill queue is always full! At the beginning this will actually involve you logging in for 5 minutes every day, but eventually some skills take over a week. The skill queue allows you to plan ahead 24h without having to log back in to change skills. You guys have it lucky, this wasn't implemented when I started playing.

2) Make sure your clone is up to date. Always. Even in high-sec where its 'safe'. That is to say, always make sure that it can hold more skillpoints than you have. It is a relatively cheap expenditure, compared to your ship anyway, and there is nothing more frustrating than losing several days training time to some joker with more money than morals (like me).

3) The best money in Eve is literally scamming for it. And it's even legal. There are several things you CAN'T do, such as scam for real money, convince people to buy plex (in-game gametime) with real money for you as part of your scam or impersonate another player, but making promises then forgetting about them as soon as you have the cash in hand is perfectly legal. No matter how many times the victims threaten to 'petition CCP'. This isn't for everyone though, and don't feel bad if you can't bring yourself to cheat someone else out of their hard earned (space)cash.

4) On that same note, know that SCAMMING IS LEGAL IN EVE. If anyone asks you to give them money, accept that it is a scam of some kind. I don't mean trading on the market, I'm talking about any sort of deal that involves giving money where they can just walk away with it without giving you anything in return. This includes 'give me isk and I will give you double back' or 'give me isk and I will let you join this corporation'. In fact, if anyone EVER asks you for money in order to join a corporation, just accept that it is a scam.

5) Playing Eve solo SUCKS. If you are looking for fun, join a corporation. Yes, even as a fresh-faced newbie. Even if it is just a corp you cobble together with a few other newbies.

6) Get a buddy invite before you start. It extends your free trial time to 21 days and gives your buddy a whole free month. And it doesn't cost them a thing. Best way to make quick friends.

7) PvP is NOT some kind of evil creature. Don't be afraid to start pvp'ing early, even cheap ships can be very effective at their role. But NEVER undock anything (outside of 0.5 and higher sec systems)  that you are not comfortable losing.

8) Get comfortable losing ships. It's going to happen, no matter your play style. Just remember that they are all just pixels. Learn from your loss, and next time do better.

9) Accounts never get deleted as far as I know. But gametime is cheaper if you buy in bulk, and really expensive if you only pay 1 month at a time.

10) Training stops if your accounts becomes deactivated (due to running out of gametime), but you don't lose anything. All partial training progress is saved, so you can change skills whenever you want.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:26:24 pm by Rabid_Cog »

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: October 02, 2013, 03:13:58 pm »

First i thought "holy shit no flight controls" then i thought "holy shit eye candy" then i was like "holy shit theese ships are interestign as fuck" then i was like holy shit a guy just made me join his corp hope he is not out after my newbie money or is scamming then i was like DAMN I LOVE THIS GAME.

Totally hooked! <3

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: October 02, 2013, 04:15:46 pm »

Look up Ivan Issaccs in game, or join the Bay12 channel and Ill see about getting you some start up help.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

Eclectic Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • Vinum Sabbathi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: October 03, 2013, 02:58:09 am »

Can someone show me a screenshot guide to updating your clone? I cant figure it out :( Not even Rookie channel or the corp i joined helped very well(not that they are not helpful, they just couldnt guide me in the right idrection with that)

Rabid_Cog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: October 03, 2013, 07:01:56 am »

You just need a station with medical services. Not all stations have them.

And don't worry too much about people stealing your newbie-money... you don't really have any. The people I'm with have a rule that if it is under 500mil, don't bother. Rather throw the mark back and scam them when they have more cash.

Joining a corp can't scam you. The only thing it can do is make it possible for your corp mates to kill you with no concord interference. But few people do this, and you can always just leave the corp.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: October 03, 2013, 12:23:56 pm »

First i thought "holy shit no flight controls" then i thought "holy shit eye candy" then i was like "holy shit theese ships are interestign as fuck" then i was like holy shit a guy just made me join his corp hope he is not out after my newbie money or is scamming then i was like DAMN I LOVE THIS GAME.

Totally hooked! <3

it has flight controls, but is point and click, you have to do double click in the direction you want to go in space. the ship has to turn in order to change direction so depending on the size, the ship will be faster or slower to turn

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: October 07, 2013, 09:32:04 am »

Well I'm now a official FCON fleet commander :D

Ivan Issaccs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: October 07, 2013, 11:36:15 am »

Hows the big blue donut working out.
I always enjoy getting those immigrants that are like "I can make soap and potash and lye and cheese and-" then I cut them off with a "Hope you like bricks!" as I turn them into a mason.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: October 07, 2013, 12:04:08 pm »

Hows the big blue donut working out.

Quite well im all nice and snug in beach slowly suffering from the branch curse :P

Also it's not much of a donut more like half of one we don't own everything just yet ;)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: October 22, 2013, 04:10:26 pm »

It's been a while since we've put together a bay12 fleet. I'm thinking it would be fun to get together and go crash some lowsec gatecamps this weekend.

Who's in and what can you bring?

My first choice would probably be to bring an assault frigate, maybe a covert ops ship if we need a scout. But if we get a decent sized fleet together and we can be reasonably sure we're not all just going to die horribly, I can bring a nighthawk, abaddon or raven.

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: October 23, 2013, 04:33:54 am »

I'll consider it. Recently re-subbed after 3 years of mainly inactivity but my main account looks to have got hacked and then banned, so I just have my alt account, who while has decent combat 'skills' (especially with frigates/destroyers), has very limited assets.

I'd probably have to bring some form of frigate if I got involved. I do have an assault frigate hidden in empire space somewhere, but would have trouble replacing it if I lost it. While I do have a few cruisers, they are all support type and my support skills pale in the sheer investment I've put in gunnery.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: October 23, 2013, 06:38:07 am »

I can make it down into high sec and fly with you guys, who would be FCing the fleet ?
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 210