Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: It is now illegal to be homeless or to feed the homeless in the UK  (Read 13874 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: It is now illegal to be homeless or to feed the homeless in the UK
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 10:38:56 pm »

*facepalm*
So what do they do, stick them in jail or kick them out?

Exile to Australia!

Mmm, migrant meat, yummy! I was wondering why the brits stopped sending shipments. I have had to get a dingo outfit and live off stolen babies! Please send more convicts, especially fat ones with lots of crackerling.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 10:40:11 pm »

Well, what I know is actually true about Australia, is that kangaroos can swim. (Which, to me, sounds like heresy.)
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 10:44:20 pm »

Well, what I know is actually true about Australia, is that kangaroos can swim. (Which, to me, sounds like heresy.)

Why? If horses can swim, then I'm not really surprised by anything being able to tread water.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 10:47:07 pm »

I don't see how that could be tested, the entire place is a desert, so no water to swim in!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 10:48:03 pm »

That is messed up.  I don't know much about UK politics but couldn't someone challenge that in court as a constitutional violation?  We did that in Canada with Vancouver's free injection site when the government tried to shut it down.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 10:49:43 pm »

I don't see how that could be tested, the entire place is a desert, so no water to swim in!

There is some. Supposedly that's how they kill dingos that attack them.

Quote from: wikipedia
Along with dingos and other canids, introduced species like foxes and feral cats also pose a threat to kangaroo populations. Kangaroos and wallabies are adept swimmers, and often flee into waterways if presented with the option. If pursued into the water, a large kangaroo may use its forepaws to hold the predator underwater so as to drown it.[28] Another defensive tactic described by witnesses is catching the attacking dog with the forepaws and disembowelling it with the hind legs.
Adaptations

Slightly more on topic, I do not understand why the Government would outlaw homelessness, but, oh well.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 11:04:36 pm »

Is it true that all australians have mustaches, and to elect the king of australia they have all candidates get into an arena with a kangaroo and whoever survives is the king?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 11:05:08 pm »

Sorry to dissapoint you, but no.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 11:05:33 pm »

Sorry to dissapoint you, but no.
But.... EVERYTHING I KNOW IS A LIE!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011, 11:09:25 pm »

That is messed up.  I don't know much about UK politics but couldn't someone challenge that in court as a constitutional violation?  We did that in Canada with Vancouver's free injection site when the government tried to shut it down.

I thought the UK doesn't have a constitution.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2011, 11:09:38 pm »

Of course not, one kangaroo would be killed within minutes in a Australian cage match, they throw five or ten in.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2011, 11:10:38 pm »

Is it true that all australians have mustaches, and to elect the king of australia they have all candidates get into an arena with a kangaroo and whoever survives is the king?

No, this is a total fabrication. We couldn't afford an arena, so we fight on top of a giant red rock called 'Uluru'.

Protip: It's red from the blood.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2011, 11:46:25 pm »

I thought the UK doesn't have a constitution.

o.O

Of course they do; somebody needs to set out how big the parliament is, how often it meets, bluh bluh.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2011, 11:49:50 pm »

IIRC, they don't have a specific document called their constitution.  The "constitution" is a collection of documents that slowly evolved the government, such as the Magna Carta and so on.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2011, 11:50:04 pm »

It doesn't have a codified constitution. It's all some big mess of custom, written laws, common law, conventions, precedents, and so forth.

Slightly more on topic, I do not understand why the Government would outlaw homelessness, but, oh well.

It would be completely pointless for, say, the national government of the UK to outlaw it. On a more local basis (as is the case here), it's still cruel and senseless, but you can see why they do it; they don't want the homeless in their backyard, and would rather drive them someplace else so they don't have to look at them anymore.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13