Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 125

Author Topic: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 15  (Read 127398 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fiefdoms @ War: Turn 3
« Reply #600 on: March 20, 2011, 08:32:51 pm »

(( What have I done to make you think this? I have not been violent, stupid, or primitive in anyway. Why do think I am like that? ))

We just had like twenty pages of you insulting and threatening a guy for no apparent reason.

And you ask why?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 20, 2011, 08:33:21 pm »

(( ? ))
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 08:35:49 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 20, 2011, 08:34:06 pm »

What the fuck to you mean ?. You went way overboard.

You acted like a savage beast. So I shall think of you as one.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 20, 2011, 08:34:24 pm »

I didn't mean you JF I meant Pillow_killer

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 20, 2011, 08:36:03 pm »

(( What have I done to make you think this? I have not been violent, stupid, or primitive in anyway. Why do think I am like that? ))
We just had like twenty pages of you insulting and threatening a guy for no apparent reason.
And you ask why?

(( He was spouting stupid and annoying comments. How did you expect me to react? Also, just because I argued with someone over the internet dosen't mean my intire race and leader is like that. ))
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 20, 2011, 08:38:05 pm »

How about you act like everyone else on the thread did?

Also, I am going to take how you act as how your leader acts, especially since some of it was in character.

Your leader is the face of your race, he might be radically different from the race, but then why the hell is he the leader?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 20, 2011, 08:44:01 pm »

Aaand I'm calling cut on y'all grumbling.  I don't mind you being at each other's throats in character, but it's pretty clear the line between in and out of character is far too blurry for you, so I'm going to ask everyone to step back and step off.  If you have issues with each other, take it to PM because if I get too much of this sort of backbiting it pisses me off and I'll start banning everyone involved.  To use the old teacher's adage; "I don't care who started it, you kept it going."

Just to clarify my point further, since it's come up whilst posting:

(( He was spouting stupid and annoying comments. How did you expect me to react? Also, just because I argued with someone over the internet dosen't mean my intire race and leader is like that. ))

I expect you to not rise to it, to have the willpower to ignore or else to address constructively.  Most of all I expect you not to make me read through dozens of pages of bickering between players.  This really does go for everyone, but because you typed that it especially goes for you.

And if anyone replies to this with an 'I told you so' comment (and I do mean anyone), I'm giving them a strike.  Three and you're out of the game.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 20, 2011, 08:49:27 pm »

Have you decided on hero characters yet ? ( Sorry it you posted this earlier I missed it.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 20, 2011, 08:54:20 pm »

If ya ask me, hes already seeded the potential for hero units into the game with this Bearskin fellow, in Brent lands. I'm actually quite interested in seeing where that goes.
Actually all of the little interesting events are bloody fascinating to me. And I wish to see more.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 20, 2011, 08:56:55 pm »

Ah, sorry.  Got distracted.  I support the idea of hero characters but I don't know how I'm going to implement them yet.  It's a bit of a decision as to whether to make them a sort of unit that tacks on to other units to give them a bonus (or all stacked units a bonus, leadership bonus style) or to be a unit of their own.

In any case, looks like we're getting the turn tomorrow as it's 2am here and I rather need some sleep.  Shall continue things then.  Night y'alls.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 20, 2011, 08:59:00 pm »

Well, I see Hero Units as Officers, but of a specific Unit Type. Like how Kasr Umirat would be a special addon to Cavalry.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 20, 2011, 08:59:38 pm »

So I guess they act as both?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 20, 2011, 09:07:07 pm »

I'd support them as being more of unique unit type, with the ability to add onto a unit/army at lower levels/tiers, But at higher levels/tiers could act alone in combat and potentially have significant results.
Or also having unique actions that they can perform as an action dictated by the player. Say a particular type could explore the territory, giving a 2nd chance to find a resource.. Or rally a military unit, not for free obviously, but lets say that having that ability would allow the player to recruit a unit and use it at the same turn at a cost to stats (not formally/fully trained)

Also, Would Heroes die? This would entirely relate to how they are acquired. If acquiring a hero is a difficult process, they should be comparably more difficult to remove from the world (leading to capture and ransom). If they are easy to acquire, then they can die frequently. Possibly permanently.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 20, 2011, 09:14:09 pm »

I would love each side to get a personnal hero, maybe not his leader, with specific bonus. It would be up to you to make the bonus fair (if someone ask for important ones, their hero should at least be very weak in combat). When the hero die, it is definitive (It can be captured by someone though). New heroes could pop as special event from time to time but would be really rare and would need some kind of quest to get.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 21, 2011, 06:26:30 am »

Territories:

Foul Cen (£500/turn):  5 Spearmen.  Palace.  [Iron]  (upk: -£100)

Armies:

1 Caravan [East Grok]

Finances:

Cash Reserves:  £85
Revenue:  +£500
Upkeep:  -£100  [5 spearmen]

Total:  £485

Diplomacy:

~

Construction/Recruitment:

Recruit 3 Spearmen: -375

Research:

~

Savings: 110

Troop Movements:

5 Spearmen from Central Foul invade West Ichor.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 125