Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455011 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #15345 on: November 03, 2018, 09:47:43 am »

Haven't really had any interest in playing it. But since I already have a Battle.net account......yoink. Thanks.

same boat and i also couldn't resist free
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15346 on: November 03, 2018, 12:28:59 pm »

Yikes, Destiny must be doing worst than I thought if it's going for free now.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15347 on: November 03, 2018, 12:39:49 pm »

I was actually going to give it a try, but they want sms 2fa and I don't have a cell phone, so they can piss off.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15348 on: November 03, 2018, 12:40:37 pm »

It was recently included in the Humble Monthly too :P
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15349 on: November 03, 2018, 12:58:07 pm »

Yikes, Destiny must be doing worst than I thought if it's going for free now.

Think they're really hoping people will get on the expansion bandwagon - it's where all the 'main' content is.

All that being said, I quite enjoyed it as a quick diversion. Nothing fantastic, but fun for a few hours. Much better if you have friends for it though.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #15350 on: November 03, 2018, 03:19:07 pm »

I was actually going to give it a try, but they want sms 2fa and I don't have a cell phone, so they can piss off.

I didn't have this issue. I did have to re-install Battle.net before it would let me log in, but once I did that I accepted my gift copy without issue.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15351 on: November 03, 2018, 03:56:51 pm »

You can get Destiny 2 for free (forever) until 18th November on Battle.net.  Not sure how worth playing it is, but free is free.

(edit: PC version, don't think this applies to consoles)

Ew. They'd have to pay me to play Destiny 2 at this point.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #15352 on: November 03, 2018, 04:14:03 pm »

I've actually heard very good things about Destiny 2 since the expansion.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #15353 on: November 03, 2018, 06:33:32 pm »

I don't want to play it simply because it was the only ad I got on Youtube for weeks after it came out.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15354 on: November 03, 2018, 06:34:01 pm »

The SMS thing appears to only be for brand new accounts made around or after nov 2. I presume this was to prevent a billion bots from making free accounts.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15355 on: November 03, 2018, 07:29:27 pm »

Well there isn't any way that I can find to migrate my very, very, very old battlenet account to the new one, and I don't care enough to go through the hassle.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15356 on: November 04, 2018, 12:35:47 am »

It was free on the PS4 a few months back too, around the time of the expansion.

I added it to my account, have not at all been bothered to play it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15357 on: November 04, 2018, 09:06:30 pm »

Gameplay felt like Borderlands 2 (+3)
I could play a female robot (+1)
...Unsexualized, androgynous (+1)
And let me put 7 and a weird barcode on my forehead (+bungie)
And there are people who say that the Traveller is a W'canctner (+0)
But the game put me seamlessly into multiplayer with other randos during the intro (-5)
However, there was no chat or need for chat because I didn't opt in, and the UI made that process clear (+5)

And the after-intro trek was pretty.  Particularly the music (+1)
Though I went off a 10ft drop and died (-1)
then later had to attempt an impossible jump and fall 10ft and not die (-1)

So then I was wandering around the refuge village, following waypoints around to meet all the NPCs, (+meh)
And I got disconnected and booted to the main menu. (-???)

Conclusion:  I'll give it another shot tomorrow, but I'm very conflicted about it.  A modern... echo/mirror of Marathon's story with pretty graphics and satisfying Borderlands gameplay.  But it's always-online no pausing.

And I know it's full of microtransactions, but those doesn't bother me.  People get way too mad about that when they can just opt out.  Destiny 2 isn't ruining other games, it's literally free.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 09:08:13 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #15358 on: November 04, 2018, 09:21:47 pm »

W'canctner?

I... don't know what that is...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15359 on: November 04, 2018, 09:26:55 pm »

It's an old Marathon Infinity thing.
I'm being weird and mysterious and drunk, but not entirely without reason.  The main reason I'm interested in Destiny 2 at all is for its tenuous ties to the Marathon/PiD universe.  Or even a new story in the same vein.

So far I like the story, and I like the gameplay, but I really *really* don't like always-on requirement.  Being able to pause and to play solo is important to me.

The Marathon stuff is... super important to me, though, was the source for my username after all.  And like a third of my sigflag.  And for a long time, my entire sig.

Edit: To look up its proper spelling would be against its nature.
Though one glorious indivudal proposed W'ateva

The W'rckcancter is a being of chaos trapped within the gravity well of a sun by the Jjaro, the ancients, who are actually still around in a "Stellaris Fallen Empire" way.  Or they're gone, depending on the game/timeline.  Their survival is completely variable, but their inspiration is everywhere.  Pretty smart.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 09:40:50 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 1022 1023 [1024] 1025 1026 ... 1134