Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1453315 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread: GOG, Steam, Humble, your mom has games to buy
« Reply #14700 on: October 19, 2017, 02:43:32 pm »

Oh cheers, I liked Civ 3, but never had the expansions. Might be fun to relive that with the addons.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14701 on: October 21, 2017, 12:08:59 pm »

I just got a coupon for 50% off Civilization VI Deluxe Edition. Normally I'd jump on it, but the reviews (especially the DLCs, good lord the DLC reviews) are more negative than I'm used to seeing on a Civ game.

Thoughts?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14702 on: October 21, 2017, 12:42:18 pm »

I plus 1 that. The quality of Civ games seems to be going down, so even 30 bucks seems quite steep...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14703 on: October 21, 2017, 12:51:34 pm »

I just got a coupon for 50% off Civilization VI Deluxe Edition. Normally I'd jump on it, but the reviews (especially the DLCs, good lord the DLC reviews) are more negative than I'm used to seeing on a Civ game.

Thoughts?

you got civ 5 with all the expansions? congratz, you already have civ 6. you're only missing the whole district mechanic which is not enough to justify owning both just to upgrade to the newest one.

you don't got civ 5? big maybe if you can get it cheap (like less than 20 bucks). i like the  cartoonish leader designs and the poor ai and all that is stuff that can get fixed. they've been releasing big chunk patches every season so we'll see if we get another one this fall.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14704 on: October 21, 2017, 01:44:00 pm »

Got the coupon too. Even at 50% off it's new-game expensive. And it can't be applied to other discounts (like now at the halloween sale). I'll get around to it in a few years maybe :P
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14705 on: October 21, 2017, 02:20:32 pm »

Thoughts?
Civ 6 is an MP game first an foremost. I don't mean that like... an esports kinda game, but rather it seems it was designed solely for playing with other people or friends. They fully embraced the boardgame-ness of the series with 6 so you have some really tight and fun game mechanics... for MP play, but it's kinda off for singleplayer.

Now, I had a lot of fun with Civ 6 but it has some serious and glaring flaws. Primarily the AI is absolute horseshit. Even considering Civ AI was never particularly amazing, this one is pure trash. Absolute garbage. A braindead, lobotomized lobster with no head could beat this AI on Godlike. Another who thinks they are going to fix the AI is mental as they've had what? A year to do so? They clearly haven't and it's pretty obvious they never will.

Another issue I found is that when everything feels so... "game-ified", you don't really have any immersion like you would get in previous Civ games. It's very evident you feel like you're playing a boardgame. All the previous ones kinda did to some extent (especially when they switched to hexagon tiles) but this one really takes the cake. Between the cards, the district tiles, the cartoony look, etc. etc., you really can't help but think you're just playing advanced Monopoly.

That being said, I think this version of Civ has the most engaging gameplay features to date. It's amazing when you play it in MP as each faction feels wildly different and individually powerful. It's a damn good boardgame. But the SP suffers as a result.

I would personally call it Civ: The Boardgame Ultimate Edition.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14706 on: October 21, 2017, 02:36:52 pm »

I like Civ VI, but it's definitely More Civ. They tried some new things, left some things the same. Some of each worked, some didn't.
Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)
It's not a bad game, but I can't really give it a glowing recommendation or anything.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14707 on: October 21, 2017, 05:38:04 pm »

Civ 4 is the peak of the series.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14708 on: October 21, 2017, 05:41:13 pm »

That was the first game after the best one, anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14709 on: October 21, 2017, 05:45:31 pm »

Thanks, y'all. I think I'll pass.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14710 on: October 26, 2017, 04:56:01 pm »

I believe the super spoopy Steam sale has started, based on the wishlist email I just got.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14711 on: October 26, 2017, 05:04:16 pm »

I believe the super spoopy Steam sale has started, based on the wishlist email I just got.

Boo.  Almost nothing on my list is 75% off.  It kind of feels like all the retailers don't do the deep discounts as much any more.

Oh well, I've got a big backlog anyway.

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14712 on: October 26, 2017, 05:31:44 pm »

Boo.  Almost nothing on my list is 75% off.  It kind of feels like all the retailers don't do the deep discounts as much any more.

Oh well, I've got a big backlog anyway.

Agreed, although there's some good drops across the board. Worth looking through a few pages of the specials tab incase there's anything you're missing.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14713 on: October 26, 2017, 05:48:03 pm »

Yeah. So far the only on-sale things that look remotely interesting that I don't already have are Men of War: Assault Squad 2(because I heard there's a WH40k mod for it) and some H-RPG that has rave reviews for some reason. The latter one is not something I'd actually want to put in my Steam Library. I swear, just buying HuniePop caused my whole suggestion list to go to hell. Oh, and HuniePop is 75% off as well.

Possibly of note, but the entire DLC pack for The Sims 3 is now under $100. If, you know, you really love The Sims 3 that much.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14714 on: October 26, 2017, 05:55:05 pm »

Yeah. So far the only on-sale things that look remotely interesting that I don't already have are Men of War: Assault Squad 2(because I heard there's a WH40k mod for it) and some H-RPG that has rave reviews for some reason. The latter one is not something I'd actually want to put in my Steam Library. I swear, just buying HuniePop caused my whole suggestion list to go to hell. Oh, and HuniePop is 75% off as well.

Possibly of note, but the entire DLC pack for The Sims 3 is now under $100. If, you know, you really love The Sims 3 that much.

:/
Not worth 100.
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 1134