Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455054 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13245 on: June 27, 2016, 02:40:54 pm »

Burnout was pretty fun when I got it on the PsP, way back when.  It held my attention pretty well, compared to all the realistic racers out there.  Versus friends can be pretty fun and destructive.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13246 on: June 27, 2016, 02:45:08 pm »

I've always considered Burnout games less racing games, and more crash simulator games. The racing is enjoyable enough, it's just not super technical.
They pretty clearly knew their audience, too, considering that they added the pure-carnage crash challenge mode way back.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13247 on: June 27, 2016, 04:36:04 pm »

Burnout was my favorite car game back on the ps2 era. Best part was not the racing but that mode where you do the most property damage.

Still don't know what to get from the sale. Just adding things to the wishlist.

snelg

• Bay Watcher
  • Hoary Marmot Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13248 on: June 28, 2016, 02:39:03 am »

The Disgaea port is up for $15, worth getting?
  • Apparently some people are still having controller issues? They're working on a fix for that right now, though
I had problems with the controller only going in four directions during battles. It works fine with the beta in my case, they might have fixed it now as well. Not sure.
When there's no more room in the fortress, the cats will walk the earth.
Cancels writing: Interrupted by Hoary Marmot.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13249 on: June 29, 2016, 05:06:11 pm »

My Friday to Sunday day off, I bought some Steam sales.
Creeper 3 was some fun time sink, but then I got stuck in the world where you need energy and shield tech.

I bought about $20 worth of a bunch of less than $5 games also. 

I played a lot of Guild 2: The Renaissance.  I initially keep getting a black screen. I fixed it by editing the config file and set the show intro to false. 
And there's plenty of YT let's play that includes some opening strats for scholar, patron, craftsman, and rogue by "My Dry Bread" something.

Crap, I installed another space game (edit: Cosmonautica), where you start with a ship, buy upgrades, (hire pilot, cleaner, repairer, shooter, cook, science), and do trades or missions within the inner planets.  I still need to research to learn how to travel to mid, and outer rim planets. 

I picked up Space Pirates and Zombies SPAZ 1, Orcs Will Die 2, and a few more.

I'm still on the fence if I should pick up Age of Empire II HD, or bite the pack that includes AOE III+ all the others.

Picked up Guild II Renaissance for 99 cents and I've logged 50 hours. It is, in my opinion, the greatest game to ever suck. It's offensively buggy, many systems are grossly oversimplified, and I hate the turn system but most of the ideas and mechanics are really wonderful.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13250 on: June 29, 2016, 05:26:06 pm »

My Friday to Sunday day off, I bought some Steam sales.
Creeper 3 was some fun time sink, but then I got stuck in the world where you need energy and shield tech.

I bought about $20 worth of a bunch of less than $5 games also. 

I played a lot of Guild 2: The Renaissance.  I initially keep getting a black screen. I fixed it by editing the config file and set the show intro to false. 
And there's plenty of YT let's play that includes some opening strats for scholar, patron, craftsman, and rogue by "My Dry Bread" something.

Crap, I installed another space game (edit: Cosmonautica), where you start with a ship, buy upgrades, (hire pilot, cleaner, repairer, shooter, cook, science), and do trades or missions within the inner planets.  I still need to research to learn how to travel to mid, and outer rim planets. 

I picked up Space Pirates and Zombies SPAZ 1, Orcs Will Die 2, and a few more.

I'm still on the fence if I should pick up Age of Empire II HD, or bite the pack that includes AOE III+ all the others.

Picked up Guild II Renaissance for 99 cents and I've logged 50 hours. It is, in my opinion, the greatest game to ever suck. It's offensively buggy, many systems are grossly oversimplified, and I hate the turn system but most of the ideas and mechanics are really wonderful.

Most of my fondest memories of the game are running my wife's criminal empire from in front of my gem mine (it's a goddamn cheat). All the miners due to the physical work, have really high combat stats so if we get ambushed whoever started it gets rekt.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13251 on: June 29, 2016, 06:53:20 pm »

Most of my fondest memories of the game are running my wife's criminal empire from in front of my gem mine (it's a goddamn cheat). All the miners due to the physical work, have really high combat stats so if we get ambushed whoever started it gets rekt.

My personal favorite is when I levied spurious charges against a rival official from the next town over. He came to my neck of the woods to defend himself in court but found my mob matriarch wife and her four associates standing in the road far away from any meddling guards. He missed his court date.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13252 on: June 29, 2016, 06:57:00 pm »

I don't care how buggy this is, I have to at least try it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13253 on: June 29, 2016, 09:22:33 pm »

Yeah, this sound pretty awesome.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13254 on: June 29, 2016, 09:38:17 pm »

It's the best miserably broken game I've ever played. The Guild 2 Rennaisance, 99 cents on Steam (I bought the bundle pack for 5 bucks, don't bother.) Think Sims meets Crusader Kings but admittedly lacking the depth of either.

To expand on the buggyness I've had to restart about a thousand times. To expand on how fun it is, I've had to restart a thousand times and I'm still playing.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 09:44:13 pm by Broseph Stalin »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13255 on: June 29, 2016, 09:46:18 pm »

It's the best miserably broken game I've ever played. The Guild 2 Rennaisance, 99 cents on Steam (I bought the bundle pack for 5 bucks, don't bother.) Think Sims meets Crusader Kings but admittedly lacking the depth of either.

I have to say I agree with the analysis. The game is horrible, but at the same time really good.

I think the first one was better though, just 'cause you could buy buildings you couldn't build right from the start, such as the guard buildings. Funny when you were a rogue and just basically used them to take out the competition...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13256 on: June 29, 2016, 10:29:19 pm »

There's a fan patch somewhere that fixes a ton of issues. It definitely made a difference for me.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13257 on: June 29, 2016, 10:46:48 pm »

Just FYI for Guild 2 Renaissance buyers, make sure to turn on 4.211 in the betas tab of the game properties in steam.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13258 on: June 30, 2016, 01:12:21 am »

"How could you enter such a petition, you fraud!"
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13259 on: June 30, 2016, 01:13:35 am »

i only played the first guild, but it fucked me up. i'm not sure anything ever actually happened, but i couldn't stop. it just went on and on and it was so addicting but i have no idea why
Its a management game, dynasty simulator and a dating sim where you compete against rivals to gain influence of a city.  You have options to deal with rivals by diplomatic, economic, underhanded, criminal and legal means.  The economy and residents are also fairly well simulated. 
You can essentially act like the raging asshole you are and thrive.

Their ain't any other games similar to The Guild series as far as I know.  My description of it probably did not do it justice.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 882 883 [884] 885 886 ... 1134