Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456723 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12765 on: January 29, 2016, 10:39:29 am »

GOG has some sales going on.

They are alpha's and beta's.

Yes, GOG just opened up early access.

:-[

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12766 on: January 29, 2016, 10:40:00 am »

???
 :-\
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12767 on: January 29, 2016, 10:41:24 am »

I love Good OLD Games, but this does seem ironic.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12768 on: January 29, 2016, 10:42:36 am »

Indeed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12769 on: January 29, 2016, 10:45:09 am »

They sell movies, too.

So long as the games are good, it's fine. But some of the old games don't work, which is annoying.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12770 on: January 29, 2016, 10:51:25 am »

I had good luck with GOG for old games.  They do a much better job than Steam, at least, which doesn't seem to try at all.  Besides hosting forums with are really hit-or-miss on actual solutions.  I've had a lot of Steam games fail because of multiple processors, for example, which is something the Steam wrapper makes *harder* for users to fix and trivial for Steam to fix - if they bothered.

They made that big deal about release System Shock 2, but the co-op netcode was somehow *more* bugged than the GOG version.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12771 on: January 29, 2016, 11:03:32 am »

In GOG's defense, and they have none , some of those alpha's are pretty old.....

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12772 on: January 29, 2016, 12:45:20 pm »

Good Old Games, where they have products that are neither good, nor old, nor games. :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12773 on: January 29, 2016, 01:36:34 pm »

But are there things that fall under all categories?

Probably... I mean aren't the movies mostly about video games, which are usually not all the great?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12774 on: January 29, 2016, 02:06:58 pm »

*working* System Shock 2

On the non-hyperbole track, they've instituted a 14-day "no questions asked" refund period for the "In Development" titles, as opposed to the usual 30-day technical issues only refunds that they've had.
Explicitly covers not liking the game.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12775 on: January 29, 2016, 02:22:50 pm »

Well... to be entirely fair, the banner does say
excellent hand-picked games  •  no‑questions‑asked refunds
...so it may well be not as bad as Steam's Early Access in the "buyers get screwed out of their money" regard.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12776 on: January 29, 2016, 02:27:31 pm »

Well... to be entirely fair, the banner does say
excellent hand-picked games  •  no‑questions‑asked refunds
...so it may well be not as bad as Steam's Early Access in the "buyers get screwed out of their money" regard.

GOG's refunds can only be done in the first 30 days. How many early access games are finished 30 days after initial release?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12777 on: January 29, 2016, 02:52:22 pm »

30 days should be enough to stay clear of it, though.

I have to agree, however, this whole "early access" shit is bad. At least those are provided at a discount, instead of, like many others do, actually charging more for getting early access.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12778 on: January 30, 2016, 06:13:57 am »

Well there is a market for early access titles. I can't fault a company for selling them. I'd certainly feel differently if I had to buy them, but so far GOG hasn't forced my credit card so... what's with the hate?

Also they've got an actual finished games sale too. Your standard Nordic Games offerings, Painkiller's pretty good old school shooter:
http://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_nordic_290116

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12779 on: January 30, 2016, 06:53:11 am »

Also they've got an actual finished games sale too. Your standard Nordic Games offerings, Painkiller's pretty good old school shooter:
http://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_nordic_290116
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 is pretty good if you're looking for a classic style point and click. It's charming, has interesting characters (one of which is the same voice actor as Geralt of Rivia) and engaging puzzles which never get Lucasarts levels of crazy. While it has a decent length (probably around 20 hours plus) it does end extremely abruptly with a cliffhanger ending which I would assume has to do with its kickstarter origins.
I haven't played the first but it also seems to be rather well received.
Pages: 1 ... 850 851 [852] 853 854 ... 1134