Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457457 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12435 on: November 12, 2015, 12:36:03 am »

Impossible Creatures has shown up on Steam for 40% off as its debut price. $5.99 US. It was a very interesting RTS where you get the DNA from two animals and mix and match major body parts to make a unit with specific attributes. Want a land shark? Cross a tiger and a shark. Or a ram and a shark.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12436 on: November 12, 2015, 01:48:29 am »

It should be noted that it's from 2003. It says that it's been remastered, but the trailer doesn't suggest that.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12437 on: November 12, 2015, 01:53:13 am »

It should be noted that it's from 2003. It says that it's been remastered, but the trailer doesn't suggest that.

I guess they're using a very soft definition of remastered.  Can-run-on-modern-OSes, and can-run-on-modern-monitors/resolutions.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12438 on: November 12, 2015, 02:03:27 am »

Victor Vran is 35% off, only $12 now. It's an isometric ARPG in the same vein of Diablo or Torchlight, but with more action-oriented movements. The character can jump, scale wall, and reach hidden levels. It has received positive reviews and the dev has released 3 free expansions to date. I haven't bought it myself but very tempted.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/345180/

« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 02:05:12 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12439 on: November 12, 2015, 05:54:00 am »

I like Victor Vran. Caveat emptor, though: there's not much in the way of procedural content. Not even in the Cauldron of chaos expansion as far as I can tell
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12440 on: November 18, 2015, 07:51:33 pm »

Bundles Stars is running a Fallout Bundle for the next week. Looks like it might be everything, with DLC, before Fallout 4 for $20. (Region locked, so no luck if you're from Russia, Poland, India, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Egypt, or Lebanon) Does anyone know how this stacks up against a typical Steam sale? A quick search suggests it's a pretty decent deal.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12441 on: November 18, 2015, 08:22:40 pm »

Bundles Stars is running a Fallout Bundle for the next week. Looks like it might be everything, with DLC, before Fallout 4 for $20. (Region locked, so no luck if you're from Russia, Poland, India, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Egypt, or Lebanon) Does anyone know how this stacks up against a typical Steam sale? A quick search suggests it's a pretty decent deal.
Unless its a bug with tablet site, pretty badly, since it says its no longer available to me. gotta actually be for sale to compete, yo.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12442 on: November 18, 2015, 08:55:25 pm »

The Fallout bundle is alright value.
Personally I would rather get the first three Fallouts on GOG since they integrate fixes and make sure everything works on modern systems, Valve will just throw any crap on steam.

As for the modern 3D Fallouts you can easily pick up New Vegas complete for like 5 dollars in various sales. Fallout 3 can be completely skipped since it's garbage.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12443 on: November 18, 2015, 09:00:18 pm »

no ur garbage
Fallout 3 vs New Vegas is a tired debate.  They're different.  FO3 is a better RPG in the statistics-sense, NV is better in the story and dialogue sense.  And they're both good RPGs.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12444 on: November 18, 2015, 10:42:33 pm »

I'd also like to point out that Bundlestars has 66% or 75% off the Fallout games individually as well. Last Steam sale was about the same discount-wise. So if you just want one or two, grabbing that would be better.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #12445 on: November 19, 2015, 03:32:08 pm »

Alas, I still cannot purchase from GOG. Limited research suggests that it's because US banks don't like the EU.

You more or less have to specifically call your bank and get your card temp unlocked in order to buy anything overseas: I had to do it before to just buy a bundle.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12446 on: November 19, 2015, 03:41:12 pm »

Alas, I still cannot purchase from GOG. Limited research suggests that it's because US banks don't like the EU.

You more or less have to specifically call your bank and get your card temp unlocked in order to buy anything overseas: I had to do it before to just buy a bundle.
Not sure whats up with your or akura's bank, but I've never had a problem buying from gog.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12447 on: November 19, 2015, 03:53:41 pm »

The excuse my old bank (and the only bank in my hometown) gave: "We're doing this for your protection. There are scammers over there."

Sale-related news, Dying Light and Space Engineers are 50% off on Steam. The latter also has a free weekend.

I'm vaguely interested in Dying Light but Space Engineers is definitely worth it. One thing to keep in mind, however, is they just added planets last week. If you play on planets, you may experience lower performance than if you play in space.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12448 on: November 19, 2015, 04:05:57 pm »

Not sure whats up with your or akura's bank, but I've never had a problem buying from gog.[/quote]I haven't, either, but some banks are more troublesome about it. Various reasons, most of which boil down to attempting to squeeze more money out of the account holder :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12449 on: November 22, 2015, 05:23:18 am »

It seems that Valve may be changing how major sales operate, such that there won't be changing discounts.  If true, this means best possible discount for the entire run of the sale...  and millions of F5 keys cried out in relief.

If other sales patterns hold, we'll find out Thursday when the Turkey Day sale starts.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom
Pages: 1 ... 828 829 [830] 831 832 ... 1134