Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457473 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12405 on: October 30, 2015, 06:09:08 am »

If you can only get one, get Blood Money. It is the most Hitman Hitman game to date.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12406 on: October 30, 2015, 10:39:41 am »

If you can only get one, get Blood Money. It is the most Hitman Hitman game to date.
Yeah, BM is definitely the pinnacle of the series so far. Absolution does not exist (OK, it's not *bad*, it just doesn't feel like a Hitman game should), Codename 47 is, well, the aged experimental first attempt at Hitman and it shows. SA and Contracts are pretty alright, if not essential; Contracts is a tad grimderp by design though.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12407 on: October 30, 2015, 10:45:42 am »

Absolution is like some other games I've played: Its alright, but I could use that space for like, 2 other games that are more than alright instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12408 on: October 30, 2015, 12:43:10 pm »

Absolution is like some other games I've played: Its alright, but I could use that space for like, 2 other games that are more than alright instead.
Yeah, it's kind of aggressively alright. Design-by-committee kind of alright, albeit less so than, say, Ubisoft, but still. And some other elements seem like someone let the creative director go dangerously unchecked - resulting in having lelTarantino S&M nunsassins and a level literally named after an Opeth album.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12409 on: October 31, 2015, 03:15:00 am »

Looks like the hitman series is also on sale on Steam for a pretty low price (but not related to the whole Halloween thing). Is there any game in the pack that would make it not worth it?

Codename 47 aka. the first is fairly dated. Consider it an interesting freebie, if you find pleasure in that sort of thing.
2 is somewhat old, has a bit wonkier disguise detection than other games. More playable than the first, I think it stands up ok. Nostalgia warning: it's the one I played most as a kid. Stood up well enough when I replayed it this year.
Haven't played Absolution. Contracts and Blood Money are pretty safe to get.

BM and Contracts go for 3€. Meaning you pay 5€ for the rest. If you just want a good game or two to play, get BM and maybe Contracts. The series got better with time so the older games are more "interesting" than "fun", in this day and age. Worth it if you're into looking up older stuff for its own sake.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12410 on: November 02, 2015, 07:39:12 am »

Here's a bizarre addition to the Steam Store: Umihara Kawase. The original from the Super Famicom! Now 10% off.

This is one of those platformers that simply made me fall in love with it. It's brutally hard, but the grappling mechanic is deep and interesting. Years ago, I invested hours into this game on an emulator, and even with the conveniences of savestates, rewind, and slowmo I struggled through the harsh, fish-laden landscapes of the game. I was so enthralled into it though, I was happy to bash my brains against the crab boss, which is on I Wanna Be The Guy level of difficulty with a finite lives system dictating how many times you can try.

It's just one of those games I feel every gamer should try atleast once in their lives. And if not the original, then atleast seek out Sayonara Umihara Kawase (aka Yumi's Odd Odyssey), the reimagining from Nintendo, also on Steam and the 3DS Online Shop.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12411 on: November 02, 2015, 08:44:10 am »

Here's a bizarre addition to the Steam Store: Umihara Kawase. The original from the Super Famicom! Now 10% off.

This is one of those platformers that simply made me fall in love with it. It's brutally hard, but the grappling mechanic is deep and interesting.
But it only takes 4 minutes to play, it can't be that hard :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12412 on: November 02, 2015, 10:56:45 am »

Pretty sure some of the TA runs take even less time, even without glitch abuse, heh.

And yeah, is great game. I'd probably say it has one of the -- if not the -- best grappling hook mechanics in pretty much the entirety of the gaming world, even with all the years that have passed since it first came out. They really got it right with that'un. which is good, because it's pretty much the entirety of the game's movement mechanics :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12413 on: November 04, 2015, 11:13:34 am »

Well, there's a Big Fall Sale over at GOG. Some nice stuff on sale, daily bundles band obligatory "spend [n]€ to get X game" promotion too. Nothing I'd like quite yet (and if there will, I shouldn't be spending money anyways) but it is a thing.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12414 on: November 07, 2015, 02:43:48 pm »

... looks like the Spellforce games are going for about 3 USD for everything (95% off if you get the whole bundle) over on steam, for another 46 hours or so. That... might actually be an alright price for 'em. Not the most amazing games the world's ever seen, but they're probably worth three bucks.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12415 on: November 07, 2015, 06:51:16 pm »

Well, there's a Big Fall Sale over at GOG. Some nice stuff on sale, daily bundles band obligatory "spend [n]€ to get X game" promotion too. Nothing I'd like quite yet (and if there will, I shouldn't be spending money anyways) but it is a thing.

Classic Anno is $10. Much better than the Ubi offerings.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12416 on: November 07, 2015, 09:38:00 pm »

I'm amused that Anno 1602 is more expensive than anno 1503.

I'm not saying it's bad but in a series that barely changes at all (i'm serious. Anno 2070 almost looks like an extensive anno 1404 mod.) the biggest changes lie in graphical fidelity and the first game is somewhat behind.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12417 on: November 07, 2015, 09:54:13 pm »

Theres also 1404 being renamed Dawn of Discovery in the US for some unknown reason.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12418 on: November 07, 2015, 10:04:42 pm »

I'm amused that Anno 1602 is more expensive than anno 1503.

There are a couple older title bundles on GOG that have more in them than the newer stuff (justifying a slightly higher price), but the Annos quoted are both base game + one xpac... I guess chalk it up to Ubisoft being greedy.

It doesn't help that the numbering jumps around; it goes 1602 >> 1503 >> 1701 >> 1404/DoD >> 2070 >> 2205.  Whoever thought that was a good idea should be sacked, if that hasn't already happened.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12419 on: November 07, 2015, 10:16:40 pm »

2205 is pretty much rabbit hole central and pay your way out of having to think about and protect ships going between islands. All conflicts are in separate maps, away from your happy little island of people where they won't be terrorized by the evil Moon Men.

The weirdest part of the pricing between 1503 and 1602 is that 1503 is the better, cheaper game. 1701 was okay.
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 1134