Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457673 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12315 on: October 15, 2015, 02:58:07 pm »

I thought all the humans on Tamriel descended from the Nords?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: October 15, 2015, 03:20:47 pm »

Ah gad, not another TES lore derail.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12317 on: October 15, 2015, 03:44:58 pm »

Ssh, we're shining the Putnam signal. Give it a minute.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12318 on: October 15, 2015, 06:59:36 pm »

While Putnam doesn't arrive, I'd like to point out that everything Payday related (and I do mean everything) is now 75% off. It's also got a free week thing, I think. Broforce came out of early access too, so it's 33% off. Chivalry is 80% off and on a free weekend. Grey goo is 60% off. And to top it off, a bunch of Deep Silver titles are heavily discounted, including the Saints Row and Metro series.

What's with these massive discounts all at once? My wallet is not ready for this... good thing I own most of these already.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12319 on: October 15, 2015, 07:31:49 pm »

My wallet is not ready for this...

Mine either... :'(

And I don't really have time to play them all either.

I've read the reviews for Chivalry, and it doesn't look to good. A game run by powergamers is not a good game, in my opinion.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12320 on: October 15, 2015, 07:53:21 pm »

Broforce
EAGLE SCREAM
Already own it. It gave me my monies worth before it was finished.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12321 on: October 15, 2015, 07:55:29 pm »

Broforce
EAGLE SCREAM
Already own it. It gave me my monies worth before it was finished.
Also check out the soundtrack. It contains some very high quality stuff, and holy crap it includes 55 songs (quite a few between 1 and 2 minutes, but some are quite bigger).
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: October 15, 2015, 08:01:55 pm »

Good god there is so much DLC for PD2 now that it's $27 even WITH a 75% discount across the board. Methinks I'll wait to see what it looks like during the Winter Sale.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: October 15, 2015, 08:07:06 pm »

Good god there is so much DLC for PD2 now that it's $27 even WITH a 75% discount across the board. Methinks I'll wait to see what it looks like during the Winter Sale.
Most of it is optional weapons, characters or heists (note that you can play heists fine without the DLC, owning them just let you host them as well as get whatever masks/weapons they added). Some of the best weapons are part of the base game. That said, yeah it's a lot of DLC.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: October 15, 2015, 08:31:31 pm »

I'd personally wait a bit to put anything into PD2, especially with the recent changes that have come with Crimefest that aren't exactly widely approved of.  (They added CS:GO style weapon skin crate system, but the weapon skins also have stats, and people are kinda pissed)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: October 16, 2015, 12:25:44 am »

Huh. Seems a big to do about nothing seeing as its a co-op PVE game. Honestly my impulse to buy is more of a completionist thing, haven't played PD2 in months and months. If I could get all the DLC for like $10, I'd be happy to do it just to own it.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12326 on: October 16, 2015, 03:03:35 am »

AssAssin' Creed weekend over at GamersGate if anyone's interested. Also, WarnerBross sale is over in about a day. Mostly Batman and Fear stuff, also Mortal Kombat and Bastion.
Also also, Starpoint Gemini? Any opinion on that game(s)?

And GOG was down for me for some reason, but it's back up again. No server-breaking sale as I hoped in vain though.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: October 16, 2015, 05:25:34 am »

Honestly I'm not sure if I should pick up the Capcom Humble Bundle or not. I honestly feel like I should show my appreciation to RE5 at the very least for the hundreds of hours I got to enjoy for free off of my Friend's Xbox. The other stuff looks alright too, but I'm so profoundly slow to pick up new games, I'm sick of myself for my pile of unplayed games purchased on a whim, a pile that is probably approaching a hundred strong.

I guess I'd rather add a thousand more hours to my already 2100+ hour TF2 Career than give even one hour to any other game *shrugs*

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: October 16, 2015, 07:36:26 am »

Also also, Starpoint Gemini? Any opinion on that game(s)?

It's pretty much freelancer with capital ships.
I'd say it's like skyrim. A giant open sandbox with the depth of a puddle.
Everything constantly resets. Faction relations are a joke. Trading is all kinds of weird.
I have this game and even gave it a positive review on GoG but... it didn't really improve since when i gave that review.
The AI is dumb.
Carriers rarely launch fighters making hero kills a laugh (I feel bad for the red queen. Flying a carrier that never launches any damn fighters... EVER).

In the end if you want a somewhat faithfull recreation of freelancer with a focus on capships feel free to grab it.
However if you want something like X3 you better give it a miss.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: October 16, 2015, 05:13:40 pm »

Honestly I'm not sure if I should pick up the Capcom Humble Bundle or not. I honestly feel like I should show my appreciation to RE5 at the very least for the hundreds of hours I got to enjoy for free off of my Friend's Xbox. The other stuff looks alright too, but I'm so profoundly slow to pick up new games, I'm sick of myself for my pile of unplayed games purchased on a whim, a pile that is probably approaching a hundred strong.

I guess I'd rather add a thousand more hours to my already 2100+ hour TF2 Career than give even one hour to any other game *shrugs*

I'm starting to feel the same way. With about 3 hours of gaming time(plus maybe 1 hour in the morning) per day, excluding weekends, I have too little time to play everything I buy now. Granted, quite a bit of what I've bought has been stuff I've already played through other means best left unmentioned.

That said, the Capcom bundle does look interesting. I am upset at the description of DmC: Devil May Cry,
The remake of Bionic Commando is good, and would be entirely sold to me if they kept
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still wouldn't mind playing those Resident Evil titles. Haven't played past 4. Shame they don't have Resident Evil {Woman Giving Giraffe a Blowjob} 6.

And speaking of Humble Bundle, the weekly bundle is a bit... odd. Hint: the first game on the list is Hatoful Boyfriend.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 1134