Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457687 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12285 on: October 11, 2015, 09:43:25 am »

Too much effort for a spacehulk clone I was 'meh' on.

If it was for a more interesting game for me to add to my collection of things to not play, I might have made a FB account for it.

Actually I made a junk FB account a while back, intending to use it for spammy games.  Never did.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12286 on: October 11, 2015, 10:38:55 am »

... spacehulk clone is... not how I'd describe Bionic Dues. The games play pretty much nothing alike outside of being turn based, and about the only other point of resemblance is maybe that they both have a primary party of four units? Otherwise they're pretty substantially dissimilar on basically all accounts. Very much different games.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12287 on: October 11, 2015, 10:43:35 am »

Very much different, yes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12288 on: October 11, 2015, 10:50:54 am »

Japan   :   SIDESTICK PINNOCHIO

Wut.

(issteamup.com)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12289 on: October 11, 2015, 10:57:36 am »

Steam is having a sale on Space Rangers HD: A war apart this weekend and having played the 2nd game Reboot? a while back, I had to get it.

Time to focus on hiring a small army cuz Charisma's not a dumpstat! Only to have all of them run away in our first fight. Good times.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12290 on: October 11, 2015, 12:15:27 pm »

Congrats on all the advertising you just signed up for.
I barely use facebook anymore as well as the email I used, so I don't care.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12291 on: October 11, 2015, 01:15:23 pm »

Congrats on all the advertising you just signed up for.

Have you heard of Bundle Stars? It's basically Humble Bundle. They send you an email when they have new bundles. As you're probably already interested in bundles, I'd hardly say said advertising is unwarranted.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12292 on: October 11, 2015, 01:39:58 pm »

Steam is having a sale on Space Rangers HD: A war apart this weekend and having played the 2nd game Reboot? a while back, I had to get it.

Time to focus on hiring a small army cuz Charisma's not a dumpstat! Only to have all of them run away in our first fight. Good times.

Space Rangers is pretty awesome once you get past the first "you must lose" part of the game. Hard to bet a commerce sim/text adventure/RTS/space shooter/RPG game.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12293 on: October 11, 2015, 02:18:44 pm »

Also Grimith has an LP of it, if you want to watch the big mashup of a space game instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #12294 on: October 11, 2015, 05:03:09 pm »

Speaking of Space Rangers, Did they ever modify the crazy inflation, or include an option to do so? I found the game to be a bit of a turn off due to the ridiculous inflation of it, but I only played the SR2 Dominators incarnation of it - not Reboot or HD. It made the game too frantic for my tastes. If you weren't constantly making money or getting better gear you were falling behind. That and the repair costs requiring that you hunt dominators 24/7 to sell the expensive parts. Fighting pirates was a losing battle financially even if you did manage to keep up with their technological advancement.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12295 on: October 11, 2015, 07:00:16 pm »

The problem is in the early game everything outmatches the friendlies. You can pretty much sit there and hold space for about an in-game year, then once everyone else stabilizes start doing quests to make money and then buy stuff to get you going while everyone else is fighting.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12296 on: October 11, 2015, 07:29:14 pm »

From what I've seen the friendlies suggest joining the pirates to defeat the pirates, or something. And the pirate base gives you a ship if you do.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12297 on: October 11, 2015, 08:43:01 pm »

The real loot was in the black holes, tho. I think it was more profitable to just any excess black hole artifacts.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12298 on: October 11, 2015, 09:43:24 pm »

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I got 3 Steam keys for the closed Beta for Total War: Arena (An unreleased free-to-play 10 v. 10 Total War battle game), in an email. I got access to the Beta from the Total War Humble Bundle, but I can't run the game because my PC isn't good enough. You can probably run it if you can run the later Total War games. Message me if you want one, it seems like a fun game.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:47:31 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12299 on: October 11, 2015, 10:31:20 pm »

... spacehulk clone is... not how I'd describe Bionic Dues. The games play pretty much nothing alike outside of being turn based, and about the only other point of resemblance is maybe that they both have a primary party of four units? Otherwise they're pretty substantially dissimilar on basically all accounts. Very much different games.

Indeed.

TBH while it's not bad I'd rather have a Space Hulk clone than bionic dues. Particularily a maintained Space Hulk clone with random map generation.

The closest I can think of is "Steam Marines"
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 818 819 [820] 821 822 ... 1134