Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 814 815 [816] 817 818 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457844 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12225 on: October 01, 2015, 04:54:09 pm »

I no longer have any keys to give away.
  • QUBE Directors cut
  • Planetary Annihilation
  • Xenonauts
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 10:37:50 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12226 on: October 01, 2015, 05:39:10 pm »

What concerns me is that they don't even tell you how many games to expect.

Somehow I feel like one $12 purchased you really enjoyed is going to trump the maximum possible number of light-weight titles HB could throw at you. I have friends who are ok paying $5 for a game they play 1 hour a year, but that isn't my style when it comes to buying and playing games.
Well, I'd at least like to know the total value, or at least a rough estimate, of the package I'm purchasing.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12227 on: October 01, 2015, 06:47:03 pm »

Somehow I feel like one $12 purchased you really enjoyed is going to trump the maximum possible number of light-weight titles HB could throw at you. I have friends who are ok paying $5 for a game they play 1 hour a year, but that isn't my style when it comes to buying and playing games.
Well, I'd at least like to know the total value, or at least a rough estimate, of the package I'm purchasing.
The value would be $12 since that's what you're paying. Any other figure would be meaningless really.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12228 on: October 01, 2015, 07:00:34 pm »

The value would be $12 since that's what you're paying. Any other figure would be meaningless really.
Obviously, its value is in entertainment, which is measured in the unit of milliballons, each one one-thousandth of the entertainment derived from one red helium balloon (when you were six years old). Thus, you're looking to get the most milliballons per dollar.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12229 on: October 01, 2015, 07:06:12 pm »

I'd just like some context for what I'd be paying for.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12230 on: October 01, 2015, 07:40:51 pm »

I'd just like some context for what I'd be paying for.
Well yes, but you don't have any context yet. You can either pay for it despite the risk of getting something in a mystery box which you might not like, or don't pay and wait to see what the first round's games are so you have some context on which to base your decision.

Its a pretty simple idea, and not a new one. Companies do mystery bags/boxes all the time.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #12231 on: October 01, 2015, 08:59:20 pm »

I think I can wait a month. First to get a general idea of how it goes, and also because the game presented doesn't catch my attention right now; and also because I need to accumulate some funds anyhow, and start investing in a VR-ready machine to replace my current machine, which has served me well for it's decade of service so far.

EDIT:
Just noticed Speedrunners is on sale right now (5 bucks), and also a free weekend thing as well. Anyone up for some crazy-awesome racing?

Additional note, it also recently updated with some changes to some levels, and more music tracks that play while racing.

EDIT EDIT:
Expect to see my avatar doing that <--- plenty of times (depending on skill).
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 09:10:32 pm by Itnetlolor »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12232 on: October 02, 2015, 08:09:06 am »

Well, there is context. The first game you'll be getting is LoGrimrock 2.
They imply that there will be multiple titles, but not how many more.
I can think of plenty of subscriptions that are worse though, for instance anything that's granting some sort of premium status, or any game that has a monthly fee.
At least the products of this subscription are still usable to you once you stop paying.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #12233 on: October 03, 2015, 05:43:01 am »

Lots of Paradox titles on sale until the fifth, mostly 75% or 80% off. I'm eyeing Magicka a lot more closely than I have before...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #12234 on: October 03, 2015, 06:47:07 am »

The way I understand it Magicka is one of those games there's almost no point in playing if you don't have a friend or two with a voice-com to go co-op with you? Dunno, I only ever played the demo.

Also, GOG has Activision titles on sale... but it's not like they never go on sale. Or even lower - 66% this time. And because of these two reasons it kinda ticks me off they are calling this sale "All Activision titles 66% for the first time!" I mean, it IS kinda true, or rather, it is true probably that's the first time all of them are off and for such price but... Dammit GOG, when did you stop being special?

But don't mind me, just grumbling and all.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12235 on: October 03, 2015, 09:11:45 am »

Though re: magicka, I do believe there is a demo... and honestly, would almost suggest you just yoink the thing first. It's somewhat notorious for being a bit unstable and odd as far as hardware requirements go. You'll want to make sure the thing will actually run on your computer before buying. I made the mistake of not doing that, and I've now had the thing sitting in my steam inventory for something like three years or better, without having made it past the first boss of the singleplayer before the game became unplayable due to chug and crashes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12236 on: October 03, 2015, 09:23:43 am »

Regarding the actual gameplay of Magicka: It's perfectly playable solo. Multiplayer does open up some tactics that are very difficult at the least in SP. But the campaign gameplay is basically the same in both.
Of course, there are also several other modes that require MP.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12237 on: October 03, 2015, 09:25:14 am »

Magicka was pretty unstable early on, but seemed to be a lot more stable when my friends and I last played last year sometime.  I don't remember any crashes.

It's perfectly winnable alone, though it plays a bit differently since the enemy's are always chasing you specifically.  Can get a bit frustrating with certain enemy types, but there are protective spells and walls which can fix it.

If there's a demo I'd recommend picking that up.  It's a really neat concept which works much better than I would have expected.  Kinda like a fighting game, you can get through by spamming certain spells (earth earth earth earth pewwwww) or you can do some neat stuff (earth earth earth earth shield).  Unlike a fighting game, every combination of spellbits does something.  Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it's great.

I tended to use water to knock enemies back, then freeze them.  Helps a lot in single player.  Didn't go so well in co-op since my friend loved fire magic :P
But like, you can add some "arcane" to those strategies to make them energy beams, or "earth" to infuse them into projectile rocks.  It's pretty neat.

Edit:  Oh yeah in multiplayer you can "cross the streams" of beam spells.  We never got used to doing it on purpose, and sometimes it went horribly for us, but it looked cool  :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #12238 on: October 03, 2015, 09:43:00 am »

I was actually gifted a key by the wonderful Sappho, so it might be a bit late for all the dire warnings. I'm pretty sure it's right up my brother's alley, though, so I suspect we will get some nice multiplayer hijinks out of it.

Hopefully it isn't too unstable. I'm pretty used to fighting games into working condition, though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12239 on: October 03, 2015, 01:46:31 pm »

There were a lot of magicka patches for stability and the like after release, but I haven't played it lately. It gets a little tedious later on and the DLC model irritates me, but it was fun for a bit. Multi is definitely a little better, but solo is plenty workable.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 814 815 [816] 817 818 ... 1134