Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457617 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM SUMMER SALE - LAG INCLUDED WITH EVERY PURCHASE]
« Reply #11715 on: June 17, 2015, 01:53:22 pm »

Kerbal is on sale at Humble Store. 25% off. Sanctuary RPG is 33% off.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11716 on: June 17, 2015, 02:18:12 pm »

Speedrunners is on flash sale right now. 3 bucks. Definitely worth it.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11717 on: June 17, 2015, 02:37:17 pm »

Skyrim is on sale so I bought it.

OK Steam, you win. I'm done. I am officially broke and pay is still next week.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11718 on: June 17, 2015, 02:42:18 pm »

Yeah, the cost of the WoWS stuff alone (discounting the cost of buying into the CBT) is already above a lot of games. Better yet, the bonus code is separate from the beta invite code, so you can use it on an account that's already in the beta. That's what I'm doing. ^.^

BTW, what I'd suggest if you have the cash is buying the U.S.S. Sims CBT access bundle and then adding the stuff from this. The Sims is sorta broken and amazingly fun to play.

e: Fair warning, some people are warning about not getting the port slots when they redeem the WoWS bonus codes. It might be attached to the CBT invite code instead. Or just another bug.
Erf, NA servers only. All the Wargaming codes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11719 on: June 17, 2015, 03:49:58 pm »

Yeah, the cost of the WoWS stuff alone (discounting the cost of buying into the CBT) is already above a lot of games. Better yet, the bonus code is separate from the beta invite code, so you can use it on an account that's already in the beta. That's what I'm doing. ^.^

BTW, what I'd suggest if you have the cash is buying the U.S.S. Sims CBT access bundle and then adding the stuff from this. The Sims is sorta broken and amazingly fun to play.

e: Fair warning, some people are warning about not getting the port slots when they redeem the WoWS bonus codes. It might be attached to the CBT invite code instead. Or just another bug.
Yeah, soz. Should have mentioned that.

That said, I've seen some mixed reports, some people saying that they (in EU) can still redeem the codes as long as they do so through worldofwarships.com and not the .eu web portal.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11720 on: June 17, 2015, 04:54:18 pm »

Yeah, soz. Should have mentioned that.

That said, I've seen some mixed reports, some people saying that they (in EU) can still redeem the codes as long as they do so through worldofwarships.com and not the .eu web portal.
Well, the .com website is the NA website, if you're in the UK or something, you'll get to the .eu. So it's just creating an account on NA servers. And no worries, should have checked, and it's just 1 buck.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11721 on: June 17, 2015, 05:34:01 pm »

If you really can't get it to work at the very least you can wait a week or two and then sell off the codes.  :P

e: Oh hey, the Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 + all expansions pack is up for $3.49. Def. gonna get that even if it doesn't go on a bigger sale for more, it's the best in the series and my discs are long-since lost.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 05:40:42 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11722 on: June 17, 2015, 05:40:58 pm »

Ok I think I'm dumb. I went to Wargaming's webstore and entered my code into the 'redeem bonus code' section instead of clicking the big 'activate invite code' thing on the main site... hopefully it works, but I have a feeling it won't.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11723 on: June 17, 2015, 05:42:26 pm »

If it doesn't work you should just be able to use it in the proper place. If it doesn't work at all, PM me, I don't need the beta invite code I got.

3. Run Resize Enable

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11724 on: June 17, 2015, 05:45:09 pm »

Well, when I put it in the 'redeem code' on the webstore it said something along the lines of 'code accepted, wait a few minutes for your thingy' and I don't know if that means I'll get an E-mail link or what. I tried it on the front page and it said 'invalid code' so I'm going to assume it thinks the code it taken, and maybe it worked after all.

Thing is, I have no idea where it wouold want me to download the game from if the code is accepted, since there's no download page on the website...

EDIT: Oh hu, I guess it worked now ebcause the website just changed to include a download link, neat
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 05:48:30 pm by OzyTheSage »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11725 on: June 17, 2015, 07:00:03 pm »

If you really can't get it to work at the very least you can wait a week or two and then sell off the codes.
From what I could tell, the re-gifting period has been increased to 30 days.
This assumes you're referring to steam gifts though, so nvm if not.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11726 on: June 17, 2015, 07:02:42 pm »

By the way FD, do we have some sort of channel or thing like that in WoWS like the World of Tanks thread title says it has?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11727 on: June 17, 2015, 07:11:29 pm »

I don't think so; the thread hasn't been posted in for close to two months. We should probably set one up, I'd be down for platooning with some other B12ers.

Well, when I put it in the 'redeem code' on the webstore it said something along the lines of 'code accepted, wait a few minutes for your thingy' and I don't know if that means I'll get an E-mail link or what. I tried it on the front page and it said 'invalid code' so I'm going to assume it thinks the code it taken, and maybe it worked after all.

Thing is, I have no idea where it wouold want me to download the game from if the code is accepted, since there's no download page on the website...

EDIT: Oh hu, I guess it worked now ebcause the website just changed to include a download link, neat
Cool, glad it worked out. Same deal with the bonus code: just put it into the page for those and it'll show up ingame. Don't be afraid to spend the gold, either, since apparently it all gets refunded when they reset progress after the CBT ends.

3. Run Resize Enable

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11728 on: June 17, 2015, 07:33:39 pm »

Elder Scrolls franchise sale...

So, I had skyrim from a previous sale and am loving the hell out of it for the most part. Morrowind was my first hit of the drug but I missed Oblivion for lack of hardware and budget at the time.

I know it has the freaky fishpeople faces and all that, but is Oblivion still the festering shitpile people were calling it several years ago? In other words, is it actually decent now that Skyrim has replaced it in the "it's not morrowind so it sucks" slot or was it actually pretty bad?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11729 on: June 17, 2015, 07:50:18 pm »

I know it has the freaky fishpeople faces and all that, but is Oblivion still the festering shitpile people were calling it several years ago? In other words, is it actually decent now that Skyrim has replaced it in the "it's not morrowind so it sucks" slot or was it actually pretty bad?

I dunno. It has less believable environments than Skyrim (Read as: obvious design) and the world feels shallower than Morrowind (read as: basic-ass fantasy shit vs. Morrowind's unique lore and visuals.)

That said, I never thought it was a terrible game. Just a bit transparent, the cities a bit small, the level scale unfun. Mods can fix a lot of that though.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 780 781 [782] 783 784 ... 1134