Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457631 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM SUMMER SALE - LAG INCLUDED WITH EVERY PURCHASE]
« Reply #11700 on: June 16, 2015, 04:48:35 pm »

Skullgirls on sale for a flash sale on Steam. 85% off for 7 more hours. $2.24 for the base game, as opposed to $15. The 4 DLC are all literally less than a dollar each, for a total of $2.96, not including the currently free 5th DLC.  If for whatever reason you still haven't bought it yet, this is probably the cheapest it could possibly get on Steam.

And if you're a fan of fighting games at all but haven't bought this yet, or love great animations or love supporting indie games but don't want to throw $15 at the Skullgirl devs, you should totally buy it now while it's cheap as hell.
Does it have local multiplayer?  I don't play fighting games at all, but it might be something I can play with my niece, since she's a bit of a fan of the Warriors series. 

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11701 on: June 16, 2015, 04:55:30 pm »

Skullgirls on sale for a flash sale on Steam. 85% off for 7 more hours. $2.24 for the base game, as opposed to $15. The 4 DLC are all literally less than a dollar each, for a total of $2.96, not including the currently free 5th DLC.  If for whatever reason you still haven't bought it yet, this is probably the cheapest it could possibly get on Steam.

And if you're a fan of fighting games at all but haven't bought this yet, or love great animations or love supporting indie games but don't want to throw $15 at the Skullgirl devs, you should totally buy it now while it's cheap as hell.
Does it have local multiplayer?  I don't play fighting games at all, but it might be something I can play with my niece, since she's a bit of a fan of the Warriors series.

Yeah, you can play local multiplayer. Would highly recommend controllers for both of you though. Keyboard controls can be clunky.

Also, you may want to check the art before deciding whether you want your niece to play it. It's not blatantly sexual or super lewd or gory but it has fanservice. Game's rated T by ESRB, so that's a good summary of what it's like. Like cartoony fanservicey anime. I'm not sure if I'd want my niece playing it if she weren't like, 10 at least.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11702 on: June 16, 2015, 05:02:21 pm »

Yeah, looking at it, it might not be the best idea.  Thanks for the heads-up.  ^_^

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #11703 on: June 16, 2015, 07:00:41 pm »

Fract OSC is on sale. Definitely a fun experience. Beautiful environment, great music, and pretty cool puzzles. Feels like you're on the Grid from Tron. Classic Tron.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:07:36 pm by Itnetlolor »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11704 on: June 16, 2015, 10:44:22 pm »

The new humble bundle went up, includes quite a lot of stuff, including psychonauts, payday 2, company of heros, 30 day trial for wildstar, and some other stuff.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11705 on: June 16, 2015, 10:47:08 pm »

The new humble bundle went up, includes quite a lot of stuff, including psychonauts, payday 2, company of heros, 30 day trial for wildstar, and some other stuff.

It's been up for a couple days. The best of it is actually the 10% coupon for $1. You could shave $5 off GTAV. Psychonauts has been bundled before.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11706 on: June 16, 2015, 11:52:46 pm »

If by a couple days, you mean it swtiched over from the Indie Bundle just this afternoon.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #11707 on: June 17, 2015, 12:01:35 am »

If by a couple days, you mean it swtiched over from the Indie Bundle just this afternoon.

There was a temporary tab to the right of the store tab when the E3 Ticket started, and the all star bundle was still running...  They moved it to the main bundle tab once the collision was gone.  BigD145 is not making things up.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11708 on: June 17, 2015, 01:02:10 am »

War for the Overworld: worth 18.00 money? Y/N

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11709 on: June 17, 2015, 06:07:41 am »

Not steam sale but World of Warship beta keys is on Humble bundle.

AVE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11710 on: June 17, 2015, 06:23:05 am »

Doorkickers is 75% off. It's like Frosen Synapse, but with SWAT team. 97% at 1400 reviews, I think it is pretty good.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11711 on: June 17, 2015, 01:00:16 pm »

So, MGSV Ground Zeroes, worth it for $5?

I've heard it's stupid short but also very good. But I'm mostly curious from a story perspective, will I be missing anything if I don't play it?
It is a tie-in from the end of Peace Walker to the beginning of The Phantom Pain.  The story portion itself is pretty much the single main mission.  You can probably youtube it.
A very small demo of what TPP is going to be.
At the least, you have a few Side Ops, optional missions and the 2 Extra Ops that you have to unlock.
Some stuff will carry over to TPP.

War for the Overworld: worth 18.00 money? Y/N
Depends.  War for the Overworld's overarching design is geared toward competitive play.  There is a barebones survival mode and My Pet Dungeons are basically not in, except for the one in the campaign.  The campaign is complete.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11712 on: June 17, 2015, 01:32:48 pm »

Not steam sale but World of Warship beta keys is on Humble bundle.
This right here? Get this if you have any interest at. It's already the best of the three World of X games, and if you play 49+ matches in the closed beta you get a free tier 4 premium battleship. With this, you also get another premium ship and a bunch of dock slots. Well worth it, especially if you play some of the other games in the bundle.

'sides, it's $1.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11713 on: June 17, 2015, 01:36:42 pm »

$2 for a warframe booster I can use later and a WoWS key is a pretty awesome thing there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11714 on: June 17, 2015, 01:46:13 pm »

Yeah, the cost of the WoWS stuff alone (discounting the cost of buying into the CBT) is already above a lot of games. Better yet, the bonus code is separate from the beta invite code, so you can use it on an account that's already in the beta. That's what I'm doing. ^.^

BTW, what I'd suggest if you have the cash is buying the U.S.S. Sims CBT access bundle and then adding the stuff from this. The Sims is sorta broken and amazingly fun to play.

e: Fair warning, some people are warning about not getting the port slots when they redeem the WoWS bonus codes. It might be attached to the CBT invite code instead. Or just another bug.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:00:28 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 779 780 [781] 782 783 ... 1134