Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454756 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread - SUMMER SALE, PRAISE BE TO GABEN
« Reply #8985 on: June 29, 2014, 05:37:06 am »

I need to find me a good game that I actually want for under 2.21 (which is how much I have from selling some of those cards, you know) but it's a slog trying to dig through all these games. I just can't spend any actual money.
Sort this by price and skim the list? Probably want to set it to games only as well.

I didn't get Xcom when it was super cheap.
I thought it would become cheaper if I waited and now it reverted back to less cheap pricing.
* Ultimuh sighs.
I didn't think they ever go cheaper than the Flash/Daily price. Might still repeat on the last day sales though.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: June 29, 2014, 05:37:21 am »

It's too bad they don't warn you when it's at it's cheapest point during the sale.

It would be cool if there was a little sticker in the corner with a smily face that says 'I'm cheap as I'll ever be you poor fellow.'
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:40:55 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: June 29, 2014, 05:38:09 am »

Anyone know if the UFO series is any good?
UFO: Aftershock
UFO: Aftermath
UFO: Afterlight
UFO: Extraterrestrials Gold
What's the difference??

Also, how do they compare to that XCOM game I mentioned?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 05:43:38 am by Ultimuh »

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: June 29, 2014, 05:47:44 am »

I need to find me a good game that I actually want for under 2.21 (which is how much I have from selling some of those cards, you know) but it's a slog trying to dig through all these games. I just can't spend any actual money.
Sort this by price and skim the list? Probably want to set it to games only as well.

Thank you, that's a neat resource I didn't know about. Still a huge list, of course, but easier to look through than the store pages.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #8989 on: June 29, 2014, 05:55:24 am »

Is today the last day? Gotta grab my last few games...

Can anyone tell me if Eufloria is worth buying? I played it like crazy back when it was called Dyson, and was free. Has it improved enough to make it worth paying for? I still have the old free version on my computer.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #8990 on: June 29, 2014, 05:59:02 am »

From reviews I remember, all 3 in the series differ from each other to a certain degree... I think base managing is a bit more interesting in Aftershock and there's some sort of a faction system. And Afterlight takes place on Mars. But I only played the first one (Aftermath) so I can't really say much more.

Personally, I like Aftermath. I know some don't. I think it captures the post-apocalyptic battle for survival really well, especially at the beginning, when ever recruit, every grenade counts. Unlike X-Com, you lack any real production facilities so ammo for majority of guns just comes by itself from time to time. Same with recruits. Of course, you might think this kinda sucks as you loose the need to juggle between buying stuff, selling stuff, making & selling stuff like in X-Com... But I find it more fun managing raw resources vs. managing funds, especially because high-caliber ammo can get a bit scarce and you WILL need it once the Greys show up...

Dunno, on one hand, it does lack things like interactive aerial combat that even the old X-Coms had (you just send fighter jets here, the more the better) and all the funds and politics managing... But I will say it stands on it's own regardless and it's good game. You can get in cheap? Get it.

edit:
Didn't see you mentioned UFO: Extraterrestrials Gold too. This game I know almost nothing about so the above doesn't apply to it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:20:09 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8991 on: June 29, 2014, 06:00:35 am »

It's too bad they don't warn you when it's at it's cheapest point during the sale.

It would be cool if there was a little sticker in the corner with a smily face that says 'I'm cheap as I'll ever be you poor fellow.'

As a rule it's the Flash/Daily/Community sales. These are the deepest discounts that will be offered and games that repeat on them will return to the same level. That is all the games that show on the featured list on the front page, plus any others that go on 48 or 8 hour sale with them (mostly earlier games in the series, DLC and bundles relating to that series).

That said, we should be entering the encore soon, at which point what you see is all you are getting till next sale.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:03:20 am by palsch »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: June 29, 2014, 06:06:45 am »

What's the difference??

Also, how do they compare to that XCOM game I mentioned?

The first 3 are real time with a pause button that allows giving out commands... its a pretty ok series imo.

The 4'th is i'm ot mistaken is a clone of the original XCOM with more tech a far larger variety of HVPs and a changed geosphere aircraft combat... i hear some people didn't like the mechanics tho but from what i saw when watching let's plays its more or less the same with some stuff added o top.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:10:11 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #8993 on: June 29, 2014, 08:40:58 am »

I've been thinking about Goat Simulator for a while. Is it worth it at the sale price? It looks like it would be fun for at least a handful of hours.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: June 29, 2014, 08:49:56 am »

I bought it as a gift for a goat farmer. I don't know if it's good or not. It seems like it could be fun for a while. Those tongues in the video are not standard for goats though as far as I know.

Plus you might be funding Goat Simulator: Enhanced Edition and Goat Simulator 2000, a true boon to future generations.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 08:54:04 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: June 29, 2014, 08:58:19 am »

I've been thinking about Goat Simulator for a while. Is it worth it at the sale price? It looks like it would be fun for at least a handful of hours.

Well there is a somewhat lively moddins scene already alive so i guess its might be fun for a bit of time. Without mods however its pretty much bait for popular youtubers.
I mean really you just run around as a goat and play with intentionally bugged physics.
Self promotion below.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #8996 on: June 29, 2014, 09:00:46 am »

My dad has goats. They are very, very strange animals. They make sounds like human children and have rectangular pupils. When you walk away from them they cry for attention with a sound like a person who's had their tongue cut out. They look and act like alien creatures. Never seen one with its tongue out for any extended period of time, but... I think I might have to grab this one after all. I'll wait until the rollover just to make sure it's not going on a final flash sale.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: June 29, 2014, 09:02:55 am »

What's the difference??

After-foo is a different series from different developers than the Extraterrestrials altogether. Haven't played either yet, but I've heard that Extraterrestrials with some mods (Gold incorporates some of those mods I believe) is more closer to the original X-COM feel if that's what you're after.

---

GOG has all/most of their sale bundles up at the same time for the next 23ish hours. There's some pretty good and classic titles in there:
GOG

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: June 29, 2014, 09:40:12 am »

What do you guys think of the Risen Saga and the Ultima Saga on GOG.com. Are they worth the purchase and what kind of a game is Rise anyway?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: June 29, 2014, 10:03:10 am »

Risen is a game made by people responsible for Gothic so it's probably good.
Can't say anything about ultima because i never really played any game from that series aside of Ultima 7 i think.
Self promotion below.
Pages: 1 ... 598 599 [600] 601 602 ... 1134