Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1406600 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #5100 on: June 21, 2013, 04:38:50 pm »

Crusader Kings went 75% off again. Get it, get it NOW.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: June 21, 2013, 04:59:25 pm »

It's a buck and a half. Give it a try.

I'd rather hear about what people think about the game first, thanks though.

I'll echo that it's an extremely good game that holds up quite well. I already own it on CD, but went ahead and bought it again from GoG anyway just so I could play it without having to fish the CD out of my binder every time I wanted to play it.

Worth far, far more than $1.50 in my opinion.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: June 21, 2013, 06:28:06 pm »

Checking out the GoG sales. Totally gonna get King of Dragon Pass, but I was curious about two other series: Might & Magic and Heroes of Might & Magic. The two are in separate bundles and I'll probably only get one. What are the differences between the two series, and which one do you prefer?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: June 21, 2013, 06:52:46 pm »

Might & Magic and Heroes of Might & Magic are pretty different. One's an old school crpg (M&M) and the other is a turn based strategy game (HoMM). I've never played the Might & Magic games, but I've played most of the heroes series.

Heroes is pretty great if you like fantasy TBS games, but it's not really a series that you need to play all of because it was fairly iterative (unless you play these sorts of games for the campaigns) HoMM3 is probably the best of the older ones.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: June 21, 2013, 06:54:03 pm »

Well... ninja'd. So I'll +1 to Heroes of Might and Magic 3. Never played regular M&M, though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: June 21, 2013, 06:55:00 pm »

Ninja'd but whatevs.

Checking out the GoG sales. Totally gonna get King of Dragon Pass, but I was curious about two other series: Might & Magic and Heroes of Might & Magic. The two are in separate bundles and I'll probably only get one. What are the differences between the two series, and which one do you prefer?

Well, M&M is a dungeon crawler and HoM&M is a turn-based strategy. If you're into the old-school style of masochistic dungeon crawlers the M&M 6-pack is an incredible deal. They're classics. I never really got into the Heroes series, but it's supposed to be very good.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: June 21, 2013, 07:02:02 pm »

I still don't know which one to get D:

Well, I do tend to enjoy TBS, never played many CRPGs of the old school.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: June 21, 2013, 07:05:11 pm »

HOMM is amazing.  Absolutely fantastic.

I think 3 is the pinnacle, though.  Other ones aren't worth the money if you can get 3.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: June 21, 2013, 07:10:19 pm »

Crusader Kings 2 Collection $2.50 GIVEGIVEGIVE

Sweet Urist's Beard, Paradox Interactive Complete Collection for $20. HNGGGGGGG

I could also nab Dead Island Collection and Sniper Elite Collection, are they any good?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:12:10 pm by Blaze »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5109 on: June 21, 2013, 07:11:45 pm »

Crusader Kings 2 Collection $2.50 GIVEGIVEGIVE

Sweet Urist's Beard, Paradox Interactive Complete Collection for $20.

I could also nab Dead Island Collection and Sniper Elite Collection, are they any good?
Where are you looking at for those?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: June 21, 2013, 07:12:35 pm »

Steam?

Oh whoops, my bad. CK2 collection is $20. I was looking at CK1 Collection.

Shoot, My Steam wallet is short $3 and I can't buy a steam card right now. I'm carrying $600 in cash but I can't spend it  :'(
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 07:17:11 pm by Blaze »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: June 21, 2013, 07:38:56 pm »

Yeah, Sniper Elite V2 is 75% off, which - at $12.49 US - is still too high for most budget shoppers here. The entire Sniper Elite pack is discounted, but I've heard the original isn't worth playing.

Dead Island is 75% off: $4.99
Dead Island Riptide and its add-ons are 50% off - $9.99 for the game.

Not a sale, but Surgeon Simulator 2013 received a free update: you can now perform the uber heart transplant on TF2's Heavy.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: June 21, 2013, 07:46:20 pm »

I think 3 is the pinnacle, though.  Other ones aren't worth the money if you can get 3.
Seconding this. It's similar enough to 1&2 that you're not missing much by skipping them. 4 is different, and was generally disliked (I enjoyed playing its campaigns, as you can build up the heroes to act as super units in the earlier maps, then steam-roll through the latter parts with a party of powerful heroes. I get a kick out of such things). I have 5, but haven't played it much, as I was mostly tired of the series by then, and it failed to draw me in. It's similar to 3. Heroes Chronicles is a campaign pack. I found them to be a bit repetitive, and there are plenty of campaigns with Heroes 3: Complete.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: June 21, 2013, 08:00:28 pm »

HOMM is amazing.  Absolutely fantastic.

I'm surprised so many people here seem to agree. I bought HOMM3 from GoG ages ago, but it seemed pretty disappointing compared to Master of Magic and AoW:Shadow Magic. Especially AoW: Shadow Magic.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: June 21, 2013, 08:07:04 pm »

Ah, never played either of those.  They may be better... I grew up with HoMM, so I'll admit that some nostalgia goggles may be happening.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1133