Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459147 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #540 on: July 04, 2011, 03:00:34 pm »

Hmm, I'm going to sleep over this.
I've got too many unplayed games already >.>

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 04, 2011, 03:14:32 pm »

While I enjoyed Mount & Blade and warband to include many mods, I found Fire & Sword to be entirely without merit. Mind you this is just my personal, and likely flawed, opinion. I found it to be lacking in direction and balance. So many mods contained the same feature set and many have better polish. I advise you to skip it.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 04, 2011, 03:44:35 pm »

Fire and Sword's multiplayer can be pretty fun, but yeah. Other than that it's a definite no from me.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 04, 2011, 03:45:27 pm »

I dont think Im gonna buy any more games. My free time is already taken up by building overly complicated machinery that turns water into plutonium for nuking a giant squid living in an ice planet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Happy with my purchase so far.

I might buy Beat Hazard Ultra if it goes on sale at some point though, 2 euros is way too much money for a poor street urchin like me.

And, oh sweet, taking this screenie made me get a ticket so I can get something besides the SpaceChem prize. Either the golden ship for Beat Hazard or the map for Magicka, cant decide.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 02:14:15 am by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 04, 2011, 04:14:06 pm »

I dont think Im not gonna buy any more games. My free time is already taken up by building overly complicated machinery that turns water into plutonium for nuking a giant squid living in an ice planet.

Ha, that level was awesome.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 04, 2011, 04:21:49 pm »

Aaargh. Stubbs the Zombie seems to really disagree with any computer made after 2005 or something. The steam forum for it is full of "how make work" threads for it too, with few answers and none that work for me. Most of those complaining have ATI cards, but I have a shiny NVidia one.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 04, 2011, 05:48:55 pm »

Fuck you Steam. You're already got thousands of dollars of my money. Why do you tempt me with New Vegas and Serious Sam?

Yeah, here goes another 29 USD flying from my account...  :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: July 04, 2011, 07:47:54 pm »

Okay, I have to ask, is Mount&Blade worth buying in general?

I've not gotten it yet, and I'm not sure if I should or not, worth 12 bucks to download the three packs? Or should I just get the first two or what?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

RF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: July 04, 2011, 07:52:33 pm »

I've not gotten it yet, and I'm not sure if I should or not, worth 12 bucks to download the three packs? Or should I just get the first two or what?

It's pretty fun. It's like an open world RPG kind of thing. If you're not capable of deciding your own goals within a game, I really don't suggest it, you'll just be bored and listless. Otherwise, go for it.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 04, 2011, 08:38:05 pm »

It's pretty fun. It's like an open world RPG kind of thing. If you're not capable of deciding your own goals within a game, I really don't suggest it, you'll just be bored and listless. Otherwise, go for it.
Essentiall, think "Sid Meier's Pirates" in a medieval setting.

With a F*ck ton of mods.

Just get Warband, as it is essentially the first one + lots of features, and avoid Fire and Sword as it is essentially a mod of warband
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 04, 2011, 09:25:51 pm »

Hmm... R.U.S.E is down to $10.. I love the game, as I've played the demo. However, since I played the demo, I know that I suck at it since it's a RTS.

Hard decisions! ;P

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 04, 2011, 09:31:20 pm »

Hmm... R.U.S.E is down to $10.. I love the game, as I've played the demo. However, since I played the demo, I know that I suck at it since it's a RTS.

Hard decisions! ;P

Pfft. I used to play RTS games when I was, oh, 10 years old or something. Couldn't beat the easiest AI without a half-dozen cheat codes, but it was still fun as heck.  :P

('Course, I eventually got better. But you'll never improve unless you get some experience! You know, level up your RTS skills!)

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 04, 2011, 09:36:43 pm »

Vanilla Mount & Blade is worth playing as long as the price is under $10. Mods aren't required to make it fun, but they can easily multiply your total enjoyed game time. That's not considering any multiplayer, as I personally have never even tried it. I haven't tried Fire and Sword either, but it really doesn't sound like it will be worth it. I suspect Fire and Sword requires mods to make it enjoyable due to bad gun balancing, while Warband is decent as is (with room for improvement).

Actually, I think there's a demo for Warband. You should probably try that if you can, since if you don't like the basic gameplay you won't like the rest of the game really.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #553 on: July 04, 2011, 09:45:40 pm »

There's a Star Wars mod for the first M&B. 

Enough said. =P

But yeah, the vanilla game (which is the only one I've played) is awesome and really original.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 04, 2011, 09:49:55 pm »

Aaargh. Stubbs the Zombie seems to really disagree with any computer made after 2005 or something. The steam forum for it is full of "how make work" threads for it too, with few answers and none that work for me. Most of those complaining have ATI cards, but I have a shiny NVidia one.

Can't be. Built my computer this year and it runs perfectly. Just update your drivers and hope for the best methinks.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1134