Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454510 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #14010 on: December 24, 2016, 12:12:43 am »

eeh, its kinda nice. Not life or death though.

would probably recommend Original rather than Enhaced edition due to more mods, although the difference is less dramatic nowadays.

EE is easier to set up in modern systems, esp. resolution-wise. that alone is a good thing.

No operative BG complete mod for EE though, which is kind of annoying

Siege of Dragonspear always sounded lame (to me), mind you. I'd pass that one. Although allegedly it acts as a bridge of sorts between 1 and 2 for EE
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 12:16:25 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14011 on: December 24, 2016, 05:37:27 am »

Any opinions about Age of Decadence?
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14012 on: December 24, 2016, 06:10:45 am »

Sort of like Inquisitor: supposedly great story, but I've never gotten around the gameplay, which is kind of clunky. Graphics not that good either... I'm saving it for afterwards (after NWN, NWN2 and BG)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #14013 on: December 24, 2016, 06:50:34 am »

Well it's Christmas (in this country) and I'm on my own this year, so I've decided to get myself a special gift from my Steam wishlist. I'm currently torn between these two - recommendations?

The Metronomicon - I love rhythm games and this one looks like a lot of fun.
Grow Up - I loved Grow Home and this looks like similar fun.

EDIT: Oh, I also have my eye on The Magic Circle...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 06:52:37 am by Sappho »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #14014 on: December 24, 2016, 01:40:58 pm »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #14015 on: December 24, 2016, 04:20:50 pm »

Two games still on my Wishlist that I can play on my current system and am actually interested in: Darkest Dungeon and Sunless Sea. How do people feel about them?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #14016 on: December 24, 2016, 04:26:46 pm »

Darkest Dungeon's pretty neat. Should be a thread loitering around other games for it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14017 on: December 24, 2016, 04:28:03 pm »

Sunless Sea, meanwhile, tends to be hit or miss. I personally love it, but I've seen people who greatly dislike it here on the forums. You should probably skim the game's thread for both arguments.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14018 on: December 24, 2016, 04:59:39 pm »

You can play Fallen London free to see if you like the setting. The game play is mostly Starcontrol 2 style exploration, but permadeath and semi randomized.

The travel can be a bit slow, but I love it overall.
British rap about the game: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WmuhWpp8fZw
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14019 on: December 24, 2016, 05:00:35 pm »

If you don't mind long periods of doing nothing between exciting periods of good, thematic storytelling, then you'll like Sunless Sea. If you liked Fallen London, you'll probably like Sunless Sea. Having gone from SS to FL, I'd recommend starting with Fallen London, it might make more sense.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14020 on: December 24, 2016, 05:06:00 pm »

Fallen London doesn't even require registration, Google or Facebook work. Browser game sorta like Kingdom of Loathing http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14021 on: December 24, 2016, 05:35:06 pm »

Can someone tell me whether Mad Max still has Denuvo DRM? Trash 3rd Party DRM = instant no buy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14022 on: December 24, 2016, 07:25:55 pm »

What were people's opinions on the new Master of Orion? Reviews are mixed, but some of the gameplay I saw looked alright (if not particularly great). Please note that I'm not really interested in a comparison to the older games, I want to know how this one stands up. Never played the originals anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14023 on: December 24, 2016, 07:39:17 pm »

What were people's opinions on the new Master of Orion? Reviews are mixed, but some of the gameplay I saw looked alright (if not particularly great). Please note that I'm not really interested in a comparison to the older games, I want to know how this one stands up. Never played the originals anyway.

I wouldn't bother unless you just must get a new 4x.

It's not particularly bad, but it's the epitome of 'bland' - it doesn't push the genre in a different direction in any way, it doesn't have any special mechanics worth mentioning and it doesn't do any previous mechanics in a very good or polished way. It tries so achingly hard to be 'middle of the road' - not tactical enough to be a war-type 4x, not wide enough in scope to be an empire sim, etc.

I just can't see why you'd spend time playing that when you could play pretty much any other 4x for something a bit more interesting. Want space empire ruling - distant worlds, RPG/tactical elements - endless legends, classic 4x gameplay - GalCiv2 etc, etc..
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14024 on: December 25, 2016, 02:40:31 am »

It looks very polished, has very impressive voice acting by some very notable actors, and while it doesn't do anything spectacular it has generally been fun to play for me at least.  New MoO isn't anything special, but it is a solid 4x.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 933 934 [935] 936 937 ... 1134