Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Silverfires (.25 succession fort. Sign up for rulership or dorfing)  (Read 13537 times)

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Silverfires (.21 succession fort. Sign up for rulership or dorfing)
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 04:54:49 pm »

I will do that along the rest of the dwarves as soon as I get home.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 07:54:07 pm »

I want in, I haven't had much impetus to start playing v .21 and I haven't done a succession game since I was completely terrible so sign me up! Give me the most useless migrant you have once they start coming :D
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Ancalagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 09:03:51 pm »

Just interested in dorfing! Not the greatest player.  :P

Name: Ancalagon
Profession: Either whatever you may need at the time of the first immigration wave or a smith, doesn't matter between the various smith duties, when you get that industry going.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 10:14:05 pm »

1st Granite 126 continued
Despite it being winter, there is snow under my feet. Before I start issuing orders, I make sure everybody is still here and alive.

I know for a fact I am:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There is also Sir Broccoli, the woodworker:

The miners, ROXAS and Krumisan:

Agatharches, the doctor:

SirAaronIII, the farmer:

And finally, Babylon the stonecrafter:

I give jobs to them almost immediately. The miners are to start digging an entry hallway and main staircase, Sir Broccoli is to start cutting down trees, and SirAaronIII is to start work on a still. Everyone (well, most everyone) gets to work. I expect nothing interesting to happen for the next few days.

Ale Explosion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 10:31:50 pm »

Hello, I'd like to join in. Dorfing preference is for a mechanic, but any will do really.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 11:39:17 pm »

The Journal of Babylon Bidokathel  Stonecrafter of the Pit of Despair

20th Limestone 125

Well,  I seem to have gone and done it.  That statue I carved of the king's father being struck down by a goblin didn't go over very well.  Maybe it was the fact that I made him cowering and crying.  I've gone and gotten the whole pit of despair banished to the rough forests.

I feel pretty bad about it since I kind of wanted to join an expedition anyway, and now they're all getting dragged along because of my mistake, but at least I get to start out with people I know rather than having to migrate to a fortress full of strangers.  Aussie Evil seems pretty upset about the whole thing and he's the one who'll be in charge, at least for the first year.  I hope his despair doesn't keep him from getting a good fort set up.  Of course our little group has always been known for working on no matter how upset we may be and I'm sure the challenge of taming the wilderness will have him cheered up in no time.

25th Limestone 125

Well, off we go, it doesn't look like the king let us take much in he way of supplies, but that's no surprise really what with being banished and all.  Hopefully the traders will like my crafts better than he did and I'll be able to help support the fortress.

1st Granite 126

And here we are!  The trip wasn't anywhere near as terrifying as the adventurers and explorers like to make it out to be, and this forest doesn't really look all that rough at all.  I hope Roxas and Krumisan get some good stone dug out for me to work with quickly.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 11:57:04 pm »

13th Slate 126

Finally, the thaw I have been waiting for is here. I order the gathering of topside plants so we can start growing some food in our temporary farm. I vomit at the thought of having to eat prickle berries until we can get the pumphouse and aqueduct working.

23rd Hematite 126

Migrants have come -- just three.

I ask for their names and jobs as they enter the fort.
  • Ancalagon Mengotung, metalcrafter.
  • metime00 Tholestalath, thresher.
  • b1rd Nosimdastot, mason (his papers list him as a dyer however.)

I tell them to just move stuff around while I think of ways they can be useful.

2nd Galena, 126
QUIT MOVING WOOD LOGS AROUND AND DO USEFUL STUFF DAMN IT

8th Galena, 126
Babylon tells me he can't work with all these buzzards flying around outside. He is supposed to be in the workshop making crafts.

23rd Galena, 126
I finally have my own office near the workshop floor. Also agatharchides is now our CMD.

15th Sandstone, 126
More immigrants, six this time. I will get their names later.

5th Timber, 126
We have:
  • Ale Explosion Farashmukat, mechanic
  • CinnabarMan Lokumugosh, an animal dissector who wants to be in the militia
and four others.

I never thought about having a militia until now. I tell CinnabarMan he can be the militia commander.

13th Timber, 126
A caravan from Limarasmel has arrived. Strange. I thought the Mountainhomes wanted nothing to do with us!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:20:38 am by aussieevil »

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 01:40:33 pm »

The Journal of Babylon Bidokathel  Stonecrafter of the Pit of Despair

8 Galena 126

I took a chance to get some air and was attacked by buzzards.  I should have realized a place so far from the mountainhomes would have vicious beasts in abundance.  Still, it wasn't very nice of Aussie Evil to yell at me for being outside in the first place.  I just wanted a chance to stretch my legs and get a breath of fresh air and I was going to haul one of those logs in for Sir Broccoli.

12 Galena 126

I heard Aussie Evil call me he while talking with agatharchides today.  I don't know if he was making fun of me or if he just hasn't realized I'm a female.  I hope that';s not a common misperception or I'll never find a good male to settle down and make babies with.

bucket

• Bay Watcher
  • i am a bucket.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 01:54:37 pm »

I would like to be dorfed as a Fisherdwarf or Hunter, please. Whenever you need one.

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 03:24:41 pm »

Journal of CinnabarMan Lokumugosh.

5th Timber, 126
Right then, so this is Silverfires. Doesn't look like much, but It's bound to be better than the mountainhomes. I mean really, you try and pass for a veterinarian with an animal dissector's license one time and everyone gets all in a tizzy!

Well anyways, time to move on. And by move on I mean graduate from animal dissection to goblin dissection.

At range.

With bolts.

Aussieevil (interestin' name) is the boss around here and he said I could be the militia commander! I've always wanted to give the military life a shot (haha) and now is my big chance. I've already been tearing up animals for a living, how different could doing it from 100 yards with a crossbow be?

((Could I see my dwarf profile when ya get some spare time? Thankee.))
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2011, 03:51:51 pm »

21st Timber 126
I have decided to halt construction of the pumphouse and aqueduct in favor of exploratory mining for water. I have elevated the milker in the newest wave of recruits to bookkeeper. His name eludes me for now. Babylon has decided to act as the broker for now in trading with the mountainhome. I hope she makes a good deal. Nobody knows how to appraise around here, so I am frightened as hell.

26th Timber 126
Nothing got done at the depot, so Babylon left the depot to the bookkeeper/broker. I am in the process of having an assay office dug out for him.

27th Timber 126
I have been informed that we have had a sucessful trade. A boatload of our crafts in trade for rope, all their meat, and a dog... wait, what? We also get a crossbow, but the merchants refuse to sell us bolts. No matter, with my mining project I'm sure to get raw material for the ammo.

1st Moonstone 126
Winter. The mountainhome representative wants to speak to Krumisan, but all he gets in response is "Go away, I'm mining." Even after finishing the office, he wanders around, the representative running after him.

((CinnabarMan:
))

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2011, 04:03:04 pm »

Journal of CinnabarMan Lokumugosh.

28th Timber 126
Just been issued my crossbow. I'm gonna' call 'er "Sasha".
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2011, 04:27:05 pm »

3rd Moonstone 126
Overheard Krumisan finally talking with the rep. He said we needed ammo and lots of cow and sheep meat. I sigh.

6th Moonstone 126
Reports of native gold and sphalerite please me a lot. I quickly start building furnaces and forges on the workshop floor.

7th Moonstone 126
We have found a cavern with lots of gems and native gold. Bad news: it is completely dry. This means that the indoor farms can not be watered by a bucket brigade. This is a major disappointment. With the river and all the murky pools frozen, this means we can not create mud for the indoor farms and thus we have to survive on wild strawberries.

20th Moonstone 126
Here is what the mountainhomes will gladly pay more for:

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2011, 05:00:10 pm »

1st Granite 126
I call Babylon into my office. I tell her I have grown tired of taking care of this place and that it's her turn now.

((Here is the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?cpl0anrgs6n9tjr))

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2011, 06:11:38 pm »

They actually WANT prepared meals? Okay, something's really wrong here.
Also, since my dorf is a she, not a he, you might want to change the whole "sir" bit of my name
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17