Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17

Author Topic: Silverfires (.25 succession fort. Sign up for rulership or dorfing)  (Read 13542 times)

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Silverfires (.21 succession fort. Sign up for rulership or dorfing)
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2011, 08:56:49 pm »

1st Granite 128

Spring arrives, and with it a distinct desire to get out in the sunshine and focus on making crafts.  I call Sir Arron, our farmer, in and let him know that he is now in charge, whether he likes it or not.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3958

((The militia is kind of pathetic at the moment, but we have drawbridges and traps to protect us, also a bunch of caged panda people, they could be used for the militia to practice on.  the dump zone is currently set up to dropchute materials to the magma furnaces.  The glass furnace is cranking out materials for pumps as I assume the magma is going to be pumped up at some point.  I assigned a couple of unskilled folks as glassmaker and potter, and gave them rooms by  the furnaces as well as a room for our metalcrafter, who is actually named.  I figure he can work the smelter and the forge.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 09:00:53 pm by Babylon »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2011, 09:15:24 pm »

Granite 128
Happy new year! Anyway, that guy, Bobbylane or something? He came up to me and handed me the Stick of Overseer-ness. Didn't even call me by my real name. I need a drink.
And another drink too.

Starting now. Updates coming soon!!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011, 11:37:38 pm »

SPRING PART 1
2nd Granite 128
...Ow. Did somebody spike my last 2 drinks with some kind of elven "herb"? I can barely focus. Everything's all... distorted.

Man, I hate those herbs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Okay, I've been wandering around in this dazed, loopy state for a bit, and all I can say is.
What. The. Heck.
I'm supposed to have lived here for 3 years, but I don't know anything about this. At least someone was good enough to leave notes on the levers.
8th Granite 128
According to one note, there are supposed to be irrigated rooms using a pump thing. I've ordered some walls and floors to be built to provide the water a nice, safe path. Incidentally, are there any flying building destroyers? Because if there are, this isn't going to work at all.
Anyway, while touring the fort, I noticed that a woman had her baby with her while sparring at the barracks. That's not exactly a safe thing to do.
10th Granite 128
After a visit to the magma forges, I saw that we had an alarming lack of weapons and armor. I plan to fix that.
For some reason, I feel inclined to yell "STOP! IT'S HAMMER TIME".

Definitely the herbs talking.
12th Granite 128
Some guy made a masterpiece, so I decided to check it out.
What? I can't understand this. I guess true art really is incomprehensible. Either that or the artist, one Catten Pagedclasp, is a bloody damn fool.

On the previous overseer, Bibbylean's advice, I decided to create a new squad of hammerdwarves. Hopefully they will all get the armor they need, even if it's lame ol' copper.
Some jeweler guy, Nomal, started acting crazy. I think we should do something about it.
He strolls up to a dusty old jeweler's shop...
Also pictured is my plan to move all the metal chunks down to the magma area for ease of smelting.
He grabs a rough morion and starts chipping at it furiously. I always feel sorry for handicaps.
19th Granite 128
Oh great. Migrants. Just what we needed. Among them were:
Talented fish dissector (drafted)
High master brewer (definitely not draft)
Talented potter (not draft)
Novice animal dissector (draft)
blah blah blah more guys, too lazy to check

Also, the crazy jeweler guy finished:
He made this, worth 4800:
Pretty useless, if you ask me. Do dwarves admire doors? I don't think so.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2011, 12:14:59 am »

SPRING PART 2
Aaah, another peaceful day at Silverf
Never mind.
I'll just let things play out by themselves, shall I? If When anything bad happens, I'll just let it be.
6th Slate 128
Nothing happened on the panda front. Luckily, the dwarves were able to scare off the panda-people.

In other news...

It appears that raccoons have made off with several items, including *gasp* socks! Not the socks!
10th Slate 128
Construction on the channel going well.
15th Felsite
Oh no. Elves.
I will promptly order the new troops to attack those pesky little guys. Test them, sort of thing.

18th Felsite
The elves are here! So are the soldiers! Fun time!
The first elf gets into the trade depot, seeking rest after the long-ish journey to Silverfire. Little does she know that the British soldiers are coming...
As expected, the elf offers little resistance against our new silver hammers.

Hearing the dying screams of his companion, the second elf begins to lead his yak away from our gate. A lone hammerdwarf is hot on his trail.
Soon, the other soldiers catch up.
The elf is beaten down, just like his friend.
I'll be sure to give those dwarves a promotion or a medal or something. True heroism!
Naturally, the elves' stuff goes to our fortress' coffer. Nothing much besides berries and cloth, anyway.
20th Felsite 128
OH NO GOBLIN PEDO
Luckily he was scared off.
OH NO ANOTHER GOBLIN PEDO
Where do they keep coming from?
13th Hematite
Apparently our food stocks are out of space. I've designated more space for food storage.
24th Hematite
Just writing to say that the armor industry is swell. Well, as swell as copper armor can be. Most of the first squad has full armor, except the guys who got assigned both leggings and greaves. You can't wear both of those at the same time!... can you?
25th Hematite
You can't. Also, migrants. Mostly doctors and useless people. Are they trying to tell us something?
Congratulations to "Ale Explosion" on giving birth to another beautiful baby boy!
Bubbyloon, the previous overseer, is (as usual) turning out masterpiece mugs. Hurrah.
Walking these lonely halls is so boring. I've decided to put statues in the dining hall area.

And that's all for today. Sleepy times for me now. Expect more updates tomorrow!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:38:01 am by SirAaronIII »

aussieevil

• Bay Watcher
  • It's time you and I had a talk about Fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2011, 02:32:53 am »

12th Granite 128
Why on earth would anyone call anything "The Lovely Vomit?"

6th Slate 128
Pandamen. We have to live in a forest with pandamen. Hopefully they'll be as fat and useless as normal pandas and leave us alone.

18th Felsite 128
The new overseer has ordered the destruction of an elf caravan and seizure of its goods. While I enjoy a good dead elf, if this goes on, we could be faced by a siege. I am not really confident in our military at the moment.
Henry Freeman no get out of here fast as you can...

b1rd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 07:56:08 am »

He made this, worth 4800:
Pretty useless, if you ask me. Do dwarves admire doors? I don't think so.

Pretty sure they do, if you set them as internal.

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 12:00:04 pm »

If there's room, I'd like to join this game.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2011, 12:56:07 pm »

What job do you want? I'll dorf you, but adding you to the turn list is up to aussieevil. Anyway, continuing the game now...

manboricua

• Bay Watcher
  • After the 50th Fort, I'm getting the hang of this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2011, 01:07:40 pm »

Very nice reading the succesion, please dorf me, anykind of profession will do, preferably a speardwarf. Thanks!
Loving life every second

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2011, 02:47:42 pm »

28th Hematite 128
The gem cutter who made that door from earlier? He got elected mayor. Also, the leader of the 2nd squad, manboricua, finally decided to tell me his name. Seems like a good sort, that man.
He also told me he prefers spears, but we don't have any nice metals for anything besides hammers. Oh well, he'll have to live with a silver spear.
1st Malachite
I finally found out why nothing was getting dug out. Turns out the miners were all hauling stuff.
3rd Malachite
We have crossbowdwarves, but no archery targets? Blasphemy!
I've ordered their construction, but all our masons are busy on the channel. Damn it all.
Somehow, the resident forgotten beast, Obi Rofasiva, managed to sneak in. Luckily, it appears he has no syndrome. Plus he's made of ash, so he'll most likely fall to our weapons.
After he dies, I"m going to order those carpenters to wall up the caverns.
Never mind, it didn't even take a warrior to fell Obi. Hooray for Nameless Mechanic Guy! I've decided to draft him right away.
5th Malachite 128
We have a legendary metalsmith, and he's not doing anything? We also have tons of gold bars which I have no use for? 1+1= lots of gold statues
We also have a disturbing lack of magma smelters. Easily solved.
10th Malachite 128
A craftsdwarf went nuts. He claimed a shop... and immediately starts working. Apparently, we already had what he needed right there in the shop. ???
GRAAAH CAVE BLOBS
WITH THIS HAND I WILL BREAK THEM
Also, that madman from before? He finished.
Yay! More useless stone crafts! Also, I'm sorry to say that Beebylin will no longer be making our stone stuff now that we have a better dwarf for the job.

Okay, now I'll be leaving the house for a couple hours. Updates after that!

manboricua

• Bay Watcher
  • After the 50th Fort, I'm getting the hang of this!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2011, 04:29:54 pm »

Yay! That was fast, and good for that matter!
Loving life every second

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2011, 06:05:30 pm »

My preference is an Axedwarf.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2011, 06:14:17 pm »

18 Felsite

So i am questioning my decision in my successor, the elves showed up and instead of trading with them he had the soldiers attack them!  I think I'll just keep quiet and maybe carve some figuirines of the assault

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2011, 06:37:09 pm »

Journal of "CinnabarMan"

18th Felsite

This is bullshit!

The newly appointed overseer sent the hammer squad to kill the elf merchants! Is he crazy?!

I didn't even get to go! What. The. CARP.

I need to talk to this guy. Can't let the melee squad steal all the glory!
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

b1rd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2011, 07:50:53 pm »

b1rd has been ecstatic lately. He awoke to the smell of elven blood lately. He smelt victory recently.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17